Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What do you think? Did I get scammed?

GMTA Sir! You hit all the high notes I usually look for. This person has recent good feedback, so it's just weird all the way around - and the auctions for the H920's are all recent so it's entirely possible that they haven't posted feedback yet. I know I can get my money back if it's a scam, but I want someone's hide nailed to a barn door if it is. I guess i'm old fashioned that way.

That is not old fashioned, old fashioned would have been roping him and dragging him to the sheriff’s office behind your horse. eBay was much better back before the big eBay stores more or less took over everything.

If it turns out it is a scam, prosecute to the full extent. Plea bargain my backside, and sit in jail for free on the tax payers dollar heck no. Make them work for their keep, I’m sick of potholes and filthy highways and byways.

Reactions: DCH
Ebay is the tip of the iceberg. Check out the present government sometime. Pretty scary once you look under the hood or in Minnesota the rock!

Reactions: PatR
That is not old fashioned, old fashioned would have been roping him and dragging him to the sheriff’s office behind your horse. eBay was much better back before the big eBay stores more or less took over everything.

If it turns out it is a scam, prosecute to the full extent. Plea bargain my backside, and sit in jail for free on the tax payers dollar heck no. Make them work for their keep, I’m sick of potholes and filthy highways and byways.
The good ol days when the bad were really prosecuted.
FrighteningFatalLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

My daughter has been a D.A. For the last 10 years or so, handling capital cases for at least the last 4. Sorry to say a plea bargain will happen every time one is accepted. They reduce court costs and free up the court calendar faster.

No, I don’t have a get out of jail free card. Life is not fair...

Reactions: thoneter
Well... I am not too big or proud to admit that I did indeed got scammed. The seller claims that he was conned by someone that he partnered up with - 'the one armed man!'. I told him that if he did allow it to happen - as a seller with over 1,000 feedback and a perfect score that dates back to 2001 - he is guilty of facilitating a crime and criminal stupidity. I reminded him that if he didn't see the items with his own eyes to confirm their existence then he was fully responsible, since he allowed them to be sold through his seller account. He received money for items that he couldn't verify and then withdrew the money knowing this - so regardless of whether or not he was conned, he was still largely responsible. I'm still not convinced that he was conned, but the bottom line is that EBay is no longer safe under any circumstances. EBay will refund my money by this Friday if the seller does not. I remember when EBay was new, it was great. I got burned a few times early on but overall the novelty of it made it worth the risk. Now it's no longer the best game in town and it's not worth it at all. The company that EBay was compared to what it has become is sad, like Sears back in the day vs what it has become now. Lesson learned, one more thing I need to delete from my life.

EBay is like a Flea Market, lots of crap, sometime good crap.

Hard to find an odorless turd:oops:

My wife made and sold nice jewelry on eBay years ago, and did well at it until the eBay stores started taking over. At that point private sellers got pushed out of the way and most people will only go 2 to 3 pages deep in a search.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
Sorry to hear of your demise on eBay. If it was an illegal copy of a music CD or movie DVD/BluRay the feds would go after them. As it is, it is likely eBay will take the hit and charge honest people more to post an auction.

Just like writing more regulations will stop school shootings the government will write more regulations to make sure things like this don't happen which will only affect those of us that are honest, forthright and conscientious. Leaves people like @Steve Carr out of the equation but as long as the government can pass more regs and pat themselves on the back, it's all that matters!

Reactions: Cooldude2846173
Just like writing more regulations will stop school shootings the government will write more regulations to make sure things like this don't happen which will only affect those of us that are honest, forthright and conscientious. Leaves people like @Steve Carr out of the equation but as long as the government can pass more regs and pat themselves on the back, it's all that matters!
f958da395b7d648cbcf05c3d54186069.jpg

Hmmm, I've done quite well on ebay but then again i dont but big ticket items and i think that's the key as in general it's just not worth the thief's time. Sorry you got scammed. No idea it costs so much for just the body and I'm not happy about how badly yuneec wants to nickel and dime us. Their parts pricing is ridiculous! They REALLY need to knock it off if they are going to stay competitive.

shame you got scammed as long as you have ebay protection and will get your money back all is good apart from the fact you did not get what you was after

i buy from ebay almost every week get some great deals. maybe the uk is a bit better got my h pro for £500 with 4 batteries look like new and got it hand delivered to me ( was going to pick it up but 1 of his staff was coming to my town )

just this week i took a risk on an ebayer with 0 rating but been a member for 3 years sent him an offer as i new nobody would buy from him with his rating. item was delivered in 2 days
( he now has 1 very good review/rating )

Reactions: stan55 and DCH
I think you are massively over reacting personally. Don’t you think it would be fair to at least give the seller chance to make good on the deal before involving the police, who frankly have far more serious issues to deal with.
Have a little faith in human nature..

I think you are massively over reacting personally. Don’t you think it would be fair to at least give the seller chance to make good on the deal before involving the police, who frankly have far more serious issues to deal with.
I've got faith in human nature. The problem is that the the scum of the earth are the ones that congregate to Ebay. Trust is earned not awarded on first contact.

Tell me that when it's your money. When you get scammed on Ebay and you don't react, it can literally take months - if ever - to resolve it. I will not reward someone for being dishonest. Case in point - this seller messaged me and told me they don't have the item or the money to refund me and Ebay guaranteed me they would refund me. Then yesterday EBay stated that I needed to return the piece of junk he sent before I can get a refund, and they would send me a return label in 15 minutes or so. An hour later I hadn't received it so I called and they said then it would take 24-48 hours to send me a return label. Myself and other buyers reported the criminal activity to EBay and even forwarded the messages he sent us to Ebay and THEY ALLOW HIM TO CONTINUE SELLING! He is on Ebay right now scamming people. So, no I didn't over react. When someone steals my money, I will ride them until the very end. I wouldn't steal theirs, they won't get away with stealing mine.

Always use PayPal for eBay purchases, that way you have double buyer protection. I have been a member of both since they both started. I have literally over 20,000 transactions and never got bitten once. The 2 or 3 times there was ever a problem, PayPal (now owned by eBay) took care of it immediately.

Always use PayPal for eBay purchases, that way you have double buyer protection. I have been a member of both since they both started. I have literally over 20,000 transactions and never got bitten once. The 2 or 3 times there was ever a problem, PayPal (now owned by eBay) took care of it immediately.

Up until now I would have agreed, but this was paid through Paypal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop