Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What May Be U.S.’s First Drone-Linked Aircraft Crash Is Being Investigated

I find it hard to believe someone would fly their drone where a manned aircraft was operating that close to the ground. Sounds more like a good way to cover up for a screw up by student and trainer. Wonder if the helicopter was training on someone's private property?

Reactions: PatR and Richardb1
I find it hard to believe someone would fly their drone where a manned aircraft was operating that close to the ground. Sounds more like a good way to cover up for a screw up by student and trainer. Wonder if the helicopter was training on someone's private property?
I agree. Sounds to me more like a "witch hunt".

Reactions: Richardb1
In fact, I'm surprised there aren't more incidents reported. If you watch some of the irresponsible videos on Youtube the problem is obvious. There are some groups (non-Yuneec) who promote one-upmanship and any suggestion of following guidelines is resoundingly ridiculed. There are sufficient laws in place but no enforcement. Until the FAA makes some example cases there is little chance the trend will reverse.

Now this hard to believe, the "instructor" is an idiot! o_O I flew planes and also flew helicopters. You should always know of your surroundings and if something like a drone is heading for me I will jack up my collective to get the **** out of the way, not veer right or left. He knew there were trees.
The rotor wash should have also disrupted the path of the drone. IMO.

Thanks @AH-1G!

The one thing about any of these situations, is that given manned and unmanned aircraft in the same airspace the unmanned must yield to the manned aircraft.

Some of the insanity I’ve seen on YouTube is what gives people the idea that UAS pilots are a bunch of crazies. One that really got me was a guy flying his hex up above the clouds of about 90% coverage, to a height of 800+ feet, then losing control of the craft due to insufficient battery power.

Reactions: AH-1G
Thanks @AH-1G!

The one thing about any of these situations, is that given manned and unmanned aircraft in the same airspace the unmanned must yield to the manned aircraft.

Some of the insanity I’ve seen on YouTube is what gives people the idea that UAS pilots are a bunch of crazies. One that really got me was a guy flying his hex up above the clouds of about 90% coverage, to a height of 800+ feet, then losing control of the craft due to insufficient battery power.
@DoomMeister
I agree, unmanned yields to manned, but I don't think many non 107's know this.
Yea I saw that 800' flight, I just keep shaking my head thinking what are these guys thinking about, or lack in any thinking at all. :confused:
It's another video game to them!:eek:

@DoomMeister
I agree, unmanned yields to manned, but I don't think many non 107's know this.
Yea I saw that 800' flight, I just keep shaking my head thinking what are these guys thinking about, or lack in any thinking at all. :confused:
It's another video game to them!:eek:

I don't think many 107's know it either.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy