Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's Your Favorite Post-Processing Software?

Reaction score
If you are using either the DataPilot or Pix4D Capture to fly missions, what's your favorite post-processing software and why?

Also, did you have to go out and buy a new computer that can process at a decent speed, or did you update the guts of your current machine?

TIA,

I need to ask a clarifying question... exactly what type of post processing are you referring to?

-video editing
-still image editing
-orthomosaic
-3D

...or, are you referring to a flight review type of processing?

Jeff

Good point, orthomosaic and 3D. The first two I am OK with what I have and what I can get.

I have been using the Pix4D Desktop for the processing and it works well, especially with the Pix4D capture. It provides a seamless workflow. I have a Xeon processor computer and 32 gb ram to process with, which works fine. In the field I use an alienware with an older i7 Intel processor and 16 gb ram. A little slow but at least I know the captured images process okay. Usually takes 6-8 hours to process 200 images and generate the orthomosaic and contours
Hope that helps

Reactions: seowashdc
I'm still very new to the orthomapping and photogrammetry game so I've not upgraded my PC at all yet.
It's the next thing on the list but I wanted to make sure I got the best build for the software I'm going to use, as such I wanted to figure out the software first.
I've been playing about with OpenDroneMap. On the forums there are a lot of users who have used Pix and Agi for many years but rate this higher.
For me the draw was that it's free. It's open source so although it can be buggy, the bugs are fixed very quickly and it does everything you could want, orthomosaics, geo-referencing, DEM, 3D rendering.
If you find that the GPS is off you can then use QGIS which is free opensource geo-referencing software.
Same for the 3D renders, if you want you can then use open-source Blender.
The only downside I've had to ODM so far is that it's not all packaged up in a nice install/execute thingy. You need to either know how to do a bit of basic command prompt stuff (I used to code but haven't for years. I just followed a youtube video for the install), or you can pay about £50 for a packaged installer.

Links:
WebODM
Youtube vids (watch them all the way through before you start, the actual application ODM has progressed since he did these vids and contains way more stuff now)
QGIS
Blender

Thanks so much; these are all really helpful. Ideally, a cloud-based post processor is what I'd like to have so I don't have to invest $$$$ in a new computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis