Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Where to get TH propeller guard in U.S.?

Reaction score
The only place I can find the Typhoon H prop guard in the U.S. is B&H. Can someone recommend another place. Preferably without a huge shipping fee.

Yes I bought a set from Yuneec and also got extra set from Vertigodrones they were the same price. I like using them but they won't handle a high speed crash ,that I know first hand LOL

Attachments

• 20161105_101726.jpg
    20161105_101726.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Jester
Yes I bought a set from Yuneec and also got extra set from Vertigodrones they were the same price. I like using them but they won't handle a high speed crash ,that I know first hand LOL
Yea, I don't expect it to save my H from a catastrophic crash but I'd use them if flying through trees or indoors, especially for indoors. I won't fly indoors without prop guards.

I tried to just get it at Yuneec but there is no search available to input the part number and couldn't find it anywhere on the web site. Anyone have a direct link to it on Yuneec' site?
Just call their cust service number and place the order. Any part number for a Yuneec product, they stock, and will sell. Their site only shows minimal parts. I ordered those and some extra parts to get free shipping.

I received a set of Typhoon H guards from Amazon made in China.....need I say more? They are the snap on or should I say snap off, very brittle and they block the lights! This set of 6 must have been returned since I found a broken tab in the bag they came in. Sold for $22 I just boxed them up to return to Amazon Prime.

I put mine on once and never again. A real pain in the butt if you're using a backpack case for the TH. It was a motivator for me to get much better on the sticks and to fly in wide open spaces until I got better at the controls.

I put mine on once and never again. A real pain in the butt if you're using a backpack case for the TH. It was a motivator for me to get much better on the sticks and to fly in wide open spaces until I got better at the controls.
Thanks for sharing I was wondering how would they be to have to keep installing and uninstalling for the backpack!!!!! I thought it would be no good.

Better off investing in 2 spare sets of props... you'll need them at some point.

Reactions: FlushVision
I won't use prop guards...not ever. Some years ago when I first got into multirotors I installed prop guards on to a P2V and for reasons I won't go it to here, having those prop guards on was the cause of a crash on its fourth flight.

I've only ever had prop guards on once since then (on a P2V+) when I was doing my Operational Assessment for the U.K's PfCO. IMHO they are far more trouble than they are worth...just buy and take with you some spare props.

Prop guards are only good for beginner and flat obstacles. Trees and branches still get through. Plus it makes the H not pretty to look at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval