Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Who is shooting the eclipse today?

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm debating best approach and which camera to risk damaging. I made a filter for my hero 4 by taping together and ND4 and 8 to a 16. It will see the sun but it's still pretty bright so it could damage this camera. It's my least favorite and has been in a few crashes so I'm not worried. It will be flown by my Q500 which I just purchased two new batteries for. Here in Tucson, we get 60% at 10:36 so I plan on being airborne at 10:32. If I'm lucky, I'll capture it passing in and out of this phase. In the end, it probably going to be full of artifacts and solar flares but you don't know if you don't try. I'm thinking my safe park up the street is my best bet. I just hope the sun angle is low enough to capture. Anyone else giving it a go?

I would think the sun is going to look very tiny with a wide angle lens. I also think it may be too high in the sky to capture.

Just take the solar glasses film and tape to camera lens.. done.but doubt you will see much. I'm going to use a filtered solar telescope and film through the eyepiece if the clouds clear..ugh

Yep. Got my 8" LX200, f/6.3 reducer and solar filter ready to go with a Canon 7D.

So it was too high in the sky and not enough light shift for any good ground shadows here. 60% does not do enough to notice much difference in air or ground that our cameras can pick up.

Well we got clouded out for the total. Did get some video of the 360 sunrise/set but it was to dark so tgere was lots of noise in picture.
But here's a video with a go pro through a telescope. Not best quality but it's something.

Reactions: Rafy Rodriguez
I used the TH to capture the shadow moving across the earth from a high location. Another ground based camera recorded the eclipse. This video (also posted elsewhere here) shows how they were related:

Reactions: Rafy Rodriguez
Very nice and well done. Here in Puerto Rico we had 80% and unfortunately too cloudy but I'm looking forward for the next annular one,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ernst