Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi and Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
I seem to be having trouble with the C23 camera and Wifi--when I go uot a little distance, I lose the Wifi connection--is it true that you have to be in an area with Wifi service for the H Plus ST16S controller and drone to stay connected with the wifi needed to run the camera?

is it true that you have to be in an area with Wifi service for the H Plus ST16S controller and drone to stay connected with the WiFi needed to run the camera?
These aircraft and controllers have their own dedicated and secure WiFi link. It is independent of all other WiFi services. You don't need any other WiFi to fly. You could fly it on the moon if you could get there and it had an atmosphere!;)

The 5.8gHz Video link is using the small antenna in the middle of the ST16s. Are you using the "Mushroom" antenna, or the small square patch antenna? It makes a difference in how the antenna is orientated. The top of the mushroom antenna needs to be pointing straight up to the sky, and the face of patch needs to point at the aircraft. almost a 90° difference, and enough to cause the signal to drop out prematurely it the alignment is that far off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
These aircraft and controllers have their own dedicated and secure WiFi link. It is independent of all other WiFi services. You don't need any other WiFi to fly. You could fly it on the moon if you could get there and it had an atmosphere!;)

The 5.8gHz Video link is using the small antenna in the middle of the ST16s. Are you using the "Mushroom" antenna, or the small square patch antenna? It makes a difference in how the antenna is orientated. The top of the mushroom antenna needs to be pointing straight up to the sky, and the face of patch needs to point at the aircraft. almost a 90° difference, and enough to cause the signal to drop out prematurely it the alignment is that far off.

Thank you very much for the wifi info--I tried both mushroom and patch antennas in my first major flight with the H Plus, lost wifi coverage with both of them, though the drone was in plain sight. Also, I went through two batteries in the drone in a matter of a few minutes --the second battery showed as 100% full in the controller, and after about 10 minutes tops of flight (in 70 degree weather out in the desert) I got a low battery warning and had to bring in the drone --not a very impressive showing overall to me!!

If your H Plus batteries are new, the first few flights are likely to be shorter. The flight times will increase after a few charge/discharge cycles of the batteries.

Your short range 5.8gHz problem is a mystery. This could be caused by several things, including something simple like an internal antenna connection that is either not properly installed, or was missed during assembly. You might need to contact Yuneec Customer Service.

You did not mention how far the away the aircraft is when you loose the signal. The ST16s, with no 5.8gHz antenna mounted on it, can receive the WiFi signal from the C23 for 30'~50'/10m~15m. If you are loosing the signal at around this range, I would suspect that you have an antenna that is not connected internally.

If you are loosing the signal within this range, a simple test would be to take the 5.8gHz antenna off the ST16s and see if you loose signal any sooner. If nothing changes, the problem is inside the ST16s. If you loose signal even sooner the problem is in the C23 antenna connection.

Keep in mind the mushroom antenna must point straight up and the flat panel antenna must be pointed at the aircraft. The signal is also weak when the aircraft is directly above the controller. You must fly horizontally and vertically to get a good signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal