Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will a yuneec 4k camera work on a q500+

Reaction score
Hi guys, been looking at replacing my 1080p cam with a 4k one. Does anyone know if the camera connections are the same?? Can one just switch them out? Or is there more to this little experiment.
Anyway thank in advance for the help

CGO3+ is compatible with newer version of steady grip. Steady grip must have power tabs for connectivity. CGO3+ is compatible with currect CGO3 APP.

Great info on here.
Another question from me can I fix the Yuneec Go Pro gimbal on my Q500+.
Thanks.

Hey Ratt...another question...do you know if they are they inter-changeable...I can't put lense filters on my 2+...just thought if 3 covers fit then I would be in business...thanks

I was hoping to do that same thing, put a 3 camera shell on my 2+ but it's shaped different. The black housing that holds the lens filter on the 3 is the wrong size for the 2+ case too, so no dice.

I bought a used 3 4K camera with slight shell damage, and was able to change out the shell, but the gimble arm has some plastic edging that still has some damage. I put some plastic ties around that part, and it works fine.

Hey Ratt...another question...do you know if they are they inter-changeable...I can't put lense filters on my 2+...just thought if 3 covers fit then I would be in business...thanks

Looking at the cameras side by side, the CGO2+ looks slightly larger than the CGO3.

Looking at the cameras side by side, the CGO2+ looks slightly larger than the CGO3.
Ya Ratt, the 2 does look larger...oh well, back to the drawing board...thanks for all your help

Reactions: Q500 RATT
Can the mount clip for the CGO3+ gimbal be retrofit to the SteadyGrip I got with my Q500+? If not, does anyone sell just the Grip that would work with the CGO3+ camera that came on my H?
Thanks,
Rocky

CGO2+ to CGO3 is plug and play.
I'm interested in updating the CGO2+ on my Q500+ to the CGO3 4K. I see that you mention it is plug & play but what about the options to change camera setting (white balance etc.) on my ST10+? Would I just need to change the settings on the ST10+ to Q500 4K? Even thought the quadcopter is actually a Q500+? It won't affect the aircraft control portion of the ST10+?

I'm interested in updating the CGO2+ on my Q500+ to the CGO3 4K. I see that you mention it is plug & play but what about the options to change camera setting (white balance etc.) on my ST10+? Would I just need to change the settings on the ST10+ to Q500 4K? Even thought the quadcopter is actually a Q500+? It won't affect the aircraft control portion of the ST10+?
I recently changed out the Q500+ CGO2+ camera to the CGO3 (4K camera), no problem.

All you need to do is change the camera on the ST10+ to the CGO3 Pro settings if you want to change the white balance, etc., then bind the CGO3 to it. Then the camera settings should pop up. I notice when I turn mine on it will go to the stills setting sometimes, and I have to hit the adjacent movie icon so video will be ready to made.

If you're interested in ND filters, they work great on the CGO3. I bought a set of the Polar Pro 3 ND filters and use them depending on the sun strength to cut the glare. I live in the desert, and it can be super bright! Best Buy has them cheap I hear!

Last edited:
Reactions: JimYun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval