Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wind farm question

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have a job coming up soon that will involve me flying my H480 close to a wind turbine in a wind farm. Does anyone have any views on things that I should consider (other than avoiding those **** blades)?

If you're taking video or photos for inspection work you'll likely need a different lens than what comes with the CGO3+

Last edited:
Reactions: FlushVision
Indeed as the stock lens will require being right on top of a blade for any useful resolution of blade condition. You can’t afford the replacement cost of a drone damaged blade.

You’ll only want to fly at towers that have been shut down. If hawks and eagles can’t avoid getting killed in an active windmill, neither will an H.

If you're taking video or photos for inspection work you'll likely need a different lens than what comes with the CGO3+
The job isn't an inspection of the turbine itself but of a feature very close to it. The actual point of interest is about 80 feet away from the tower and my intention is to take an aerial position on the far side of that feature away from the turbine. Of course I'll get some images of the turbine itself but since the turbine isn't part of the brief I'll be able to get those shots from a greater distance than I would if it were part of the brief. Indeed if it were an inspection of the turbine I think I would be in two minds whether to accept the job given that I have a stock lens on the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital