Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WOOT/AMAZON HAS RECONDITIONED H WITH INTEL RS - CHEAP

I purchased a refurbed Q500 and CGO3 with steadygrip from Woot. Both worked fine and included everything as new. I ordered one of the Typhoon H w/o realsense. I will post when I receive it.

Reactions: Fingerlakes
I bought one Friday morning, thinking at $589, I could have 2 batteries and an ST16 controllers and a spare parts drone.

Woot has a good reputation for products, however, I have noticed that they are Amazon's refurbished outlet.

I sent back a Roomba from them after I realized that the one I bought was a new unit but 3 generations older that what I already have and will be replacing. I called them and they took back the mechandise quickly, with no restocking fees or other penalties.

For a drone I wouldn't buy reconditioned, only new. I bought my Typhoon H with realsense for $700 new, in a sealed box, from a seller on the Offerup app just a month ago. A bunch of people selling new and used Typhoon H's (and almost anything else) on there. Check it out, its a great way to buy things, often times at great discounts. Everything is negotiable..
OfferUp - Buy. Sell. Simple.

Reactions: Brenakie
I got my Q500 from Woot and it was refurbished. I've been flying it since Dec 2016 with only one trip back for service. I bought my TH from Amazon and I've had it since Jan 2017 with no issues. She still looks as good as when I took her out of the box.

I used to work for a computer hard drive company in tech support and with our company the refurbs were a better bet because every detail was checked out before it left and brand new was assembled and randomly tested

Reactions: MarkC
Ordered my Q500 4K from Amazon/Woot no issues at all. Also checked out OfferUp and saw a few Yuneec deals in my area, I'll def keep an eye on there too, thanks for the info!

My new (refurbed) Typhoon H arrived today. Looks brand new. Everything seems to be there. The St16 is the newer model with 3 antennas (2 whips and a patch) outside and the shorter switch levers. It included a spare polarized antenna as well. It came with 9 props (can't remember what was included with my last H.) Everything powered up and worked right away. Transmitter was already bound to the aircraft and camera. There was a clear plastic film on the screen, no fingerprints or scratches. The plastic fold up hood was not included. Neither was the lanyard which came with my original H. I think these were not shipped with later models. The only item which shows any wear at all is the camera, just enough to tell it was not brand new.
I have not been able to fly it yet. It is crazy windy today. Will report back when I have a chance to flight test it.

Same here got my H off woot as well. Pretty happy with it but really like my mavic better for battery life. Ordered a 3rd battery and I'll see how that goes. Last night I was toying with some rather stiff wind gust that was draining the battery too fast. Was a heck of a fight too get her to land. Oh well lots to learn on a new drone.

Still had strong wind gusts yesterday, but I was determined to get in a test flight with the new (refurbished) H. Did a quick compass calibration and took her up for a spin. Everything worked as expected and she handled the wind gusts in stride. I would not have put my Mavic up in that wind. Forgot to install an SD card so no video to show for it. May do some video testing today if the rain stops. Anyway, I am very happy with this purchase. At the price it was too good to pass up.

Oddly enough I'm just the opposite with winds. I have my mavic in 20mph winds all the time and even 40mph last night during sunset. Key is long as the drone is faster than the blowing winds you should be okay for limited range flights.

got video of that?
Would love to be wrong, but I don't see mavic performing in wind like that

Judging by the trees that wind was no where near 20mph much less 40

Oh it was, I'm in Wichita we have had 40mph winds for over a week now. Big fires just across the state line on Oklahoma made me go up in these winds for the shot. Just search my zip 67002.

I have to agree those winds are not over 20 and a hex is always going to be more stable in high winds. You might want to pick up an anemometer to know the wind speed where your flying as my times what the media says is the wind speed isn't accurate . As far as the H I've flown mine in 30mph and it was rock solid. Takeoff and landing where a little more challenging

Reactions: Pyrate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49