Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wounded q500

Reaction score
Blinded and landed after hitting twig. damage I fixed with help is cracked in places on bottom now bonded. Broken props replaced and bulb cover beyond battery door glued on and 4 rubber landing extenders glued on. I did a recalibration on accelerometer and compass. No camera so I started it and very slowly lifted the craft and just about 6 inches off the ground it went straight without me doing anything, so it did shut off and landed but obviously was not responding to the st 12. In other words it's partially connected. I know there is a bunch of things it could be but clueless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another source of problems comes in my mind: A loose compass chip in the nose of the drone. It ist supplied only with one screw.
Compass must be placed exactly directed in the drone as seen in the picture.
Q500_innen04_a.jpg

Older Q500 have the compass still in the landing gear. Same here - right direction.

br HE

I looked carefully and mine is definitely not like the photo you sent.
my wife just told me just now that my short wait for a hip replacement is now set for May 7th. I am still going to try and get the gui to you but my flying days might be over. And NO I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY. I suspect after I left a personal diary with most of you, some might think that but no way. I can still walk and I now am replacing motors in a different drone. Now maybe I can understand more about the inner workings of these machines. I told someone on here I was an 8 cylinder engine working with 4 and when it's at 3 1/2 I won't fly again. Yes it's true I fell a few times when my right leg gives out and had an accident including the q500 on the snow with my pajamas on trying to get the video of glistening snow and fell on
my butt thinking this is truly a Kodak moment for the neighbors and a big warning to me. My yuneec drones are spoken for and the bebops I am fixing are future. Hey, I have been walking like Walter Brennan of and on now for years. lol, remember Pepina!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pier2162
Look on line now. remember I was sad about the lack of q500 refurbished drones. Now when I would buy it I can't. How long do you think that will up for sale? Odds it's bought in a day.

I looked carefully and mine is definitely not like the photo you sent.
my wife just told me just now that my short wait for a hip replacement is now set for May 7th. I am still going to try and get the gui to you but my flying days might be over. And NO I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY. I suspect after I left a personal diary with most of you, some might think that but no way. I can still walk and I now am replacing motors in a different drone. Now maybe I can understand more about the inner workings of these machines. I told someone on here I was an 8 cylinder engine working with 4 and when it's at 3 1/2 I won't fly again. Yes it's true I fell a few times when my right leg gives out and had an accident including the q500 on the snow with my pajamas on trying to get the video of glistening snow and fell on
my butt thinking this is truly a Kodak moment for the neighbors and a big warning to me. My yuneec drones are spoken for and the bebops I am fixing are future. Hey, I have been walking like Walter Brennan of and on now for years. lol, remember Pepina!!!!
As a receiver of two complete hip replacements, youll find yourself wondering why you wsited so long, or st least i did. Hood luck on your recovery

.. so I started it and very slowly lifted the craft and just about 6 inches off the ground it went straight without me doing anything, so it did shut off and landed but obviously was not responding to the st 12.
Peter,
Did you check the hardware monitor on your ST12 to ensure all the sticks are sending signals correctly?

Reactions: Peter b
I did my compass Cali here instead of the park. I might have a cobweb infested memory of this happening when I got my 1st one. However there was no accident the 1st time. my wife's pooter was hacked and she's freaked. ha, when it rains etc.

Ok, I tried a few things and flew it off the ground and it was a tiny wobbly but it slowly improved. I kept it just in my front lawn area and all is responding. so far things are getting better. I really love this drone and the more I flew it all dec. in the neighborhood getting slow but nice video around here.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Wtfd gave me some advice and now I know something and the j,s and green lines line up fine. I suspect all is well.
will know in the park.
Turns out the 7th as my wife tells me now is not the operation but the true test for how much bone damage is there. apparently there is a wait for surgery. I wish they would just get it over with because who goes out here in the summer anyway.

When you give it a test, be sure the controller is not in "Smart Mode" unless you are at least 30 feet away from it. That could explain the behavior of the problem flight. If you are too close to the drone, the drone will try to move away from you when it takes off, and you cannot control it. The bad thing is that it sometimes gets confused, and comes right at you instead of away from you. I don't like "Smart Mode" at all, mostly because of that feature. Another bad thing is that it doesn't always know where it is, and may react badly even when it is more that 30 ft away.

You got it. The first time it was in smart by accident. I have a feeling it will be OK. crossed fingers. 2 years ago I couldn't understand why people flew in angle mode. Well I know now and sometimes my finger must have pushed it up.

I think all is well with the bird. The question, is there any fine tuning I should be aware of? I slowly am just hovering in my small front yard a tiny intermittent mvt. while hovering near the ground. I just went up slowly and it seems ok with a slight waver. Nothing scary but a tad curious what else should I check. The slight breeze was also intermittent so the stability is so so but nothing outrageous.
A girl walked by and said sarcastically
"That looks interesting ". I replied "you should have seen me in my pajamas last Jan. when I fell down IN THE SNOW DOING THIS". NowTHAT WAS INTERESTING !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis