Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wrong metadata on video files and jpg capture in video mode?

Reaction score
I use Adobe Lightroom to organise images and video files and just noticed that the Typhoon H seems to be setting the capture date of video files to 1 Jan 1904 which causes Lightroom to create a folder structure for 1904\1904-01-01. Is anyone else seeing this?

Also noticed that despite setting still images to .dng / raw if you leave the camera in video mode, but without recording if you hit the take photo button the resulting image is saved in a jpg not a dng. I can understand this behaviour if recording video at the time but not when simply in the video mode without recording. The Phantom 3 for example simply switches to photo mode and takes the picture in dng format.

For long term Yuneec flyers here is this normal?

My Q did that then I noticed that the time and date were off on the controller. Once I set the correct time and date on the ST10+ all was well.

My Q did that then I noticed that the time and date were off on the controller. Once I set the correct time and date on the ST10+ all was well.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the date and time is set fine on the ST-16, and the problem only affects video files, pictures are fine.

I use Adobe Lightroom to organise images and video files and just noticed that the Typhoon H seems to be setting the capture date of video files to 1 Jan 1904 which causes Lightroom to create a folder structure for 1904\1904-01-01. Is anyone else seeing this?

Also noticed that despite setting still images to .dng / raw if you leave the camera in video mode, but without recording if you hit the take photo button the resulting image is saved in a jpg not a dng. I can understand this behaviour if recording video at the time but not when simply in the video mode without recording. The Phantom 3 for example simply switches to photo mode and takes the picture in dng format.

For long term Yuneec flyers here is this normal?
If you are in video mode and Snap a photo, the photo is a video snapshot and not a photo. The resolution should be similar to the video size. DNG should only function when you are in Photo mode.

Reactions: photomike72
If you are in video mode and Snap a photo, the photo is a video snapshot and not a photo. The resolution should be similar to the video size. DNG should only function when you are in Photo mode.

Yeah I gathered that, hopefully they will follow the lead of DJI on this one without being taken to court and switch to photo mode before taking the image if not recording. It seems such a simple idea surprised they didn't think of it themselves ;-)

Reactions: photomike72
If anyone encounters this issue on video files which persists for me whichever location you set date / time in the controller downloading exiftools from ExifTool by Phil Harvey and running this command in the folder prior to importing in to Lightroom will resolve the issue

exiftool -v "-FileModifyDate>CreateDate" *.mp4

Basically it copies the files modify date which is the time it was written to the card to the Creation Date/Time in the meta data.

I really fell like this should be a non-issue. The still photo button should make the same capture in both modes.

Could this be remedied by a firmware update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz