Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yes h520 parts now instock

Reaction score
finally after a long wait a USA yuneec dealer finally got there shipment there full line of h520 replacement body parts. now waiting to Monday to place an order with terrestrial imaging for arm brackets and the upper cover shell. cracked mine at the battery area trying open it to do the arm replacement.

update
just contacted terrestrial imaging to order what i need but ran into a snag or rather a unwelcome surprise. this is from yuneec. yuneec is clamping down on there commercial line of hardware not allowing end users to purchase repair parts for the h520 and the h520 owner to do repairs instead they must send it to a repair depot for repairs.
okay i have still a few options. For the cracked hood cover shell. maybe I can use the h480 upper shell as it's replacement and transfer the h520 gps and the shielding for it into the h480 upper shell so long as the mounting screw holes matchup for the gps. the main h480 upper body screws match up to the lower h520 shell. now for the arms may have to wait for the new h plus to be released for them since they seem to be the same size for now (yuneec do not change a thing on the h480 plus) pending motor mount screw locations matchup. Until then I am down to just one fully functional h520 out of 2 that I own. The fully functional unit got the cracked upper shell cover at the back battery due my fault of trying to remove it from the drone body. I did so because I could remove broken A arm from the unit and replace it with a unused arm from my spare h520. That unit was intended just to be a spare part supplier due to yuneec not releasing repair parts for the h520. But now I want to revive the 2nd unit to fully working unit as well and get it registered for flight.

Reactions: Steve AFD
I don't understand. So they have it listed and then they tell you they can't sell it to you? I look at the cover you need and the product says "Not for sale".............................

In short, Yuneec finally puts the parts available for purchase and then they don't want you to buy them?

You can try your luck here.

copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts

basically they are restricting parts for repair depots only. They do not want end users to do repairs themselves and heads up vertical drones is not going to carry the major repair parts for h520 and h920. now got to reach terrestrial imaging again and ask a few questions to make sure i have a valid workaround. but looks like i be ordering from copter.eu if comes down to it.

okay good news looks like all i have to do is send them the broken arm parts i have to get a replacement for that item. and yes the h480 shell is totally compatible with the h520 shell gps mounts included

Just got one of my 2 h520 back in the air the one with the cracked upper shell has just under gone a h480 upper shell transplant. notes the h520 shell has filters at the vents locations on the upper shell that must be transplanted to the upper shell of the h480. now for the second h520 the arm has just shipped with motor from old arm installed by them total cost shy of 85.00. should get in by Monday 19th for installation and test flight just in time for my 2nd vacation.

Now the annoying issue for usa users. All major maintenance requirements must be sent to the repair depots for them to be done. You will not be able to get the replacement parts on your own unless you import from overseas. That will be a issue for mainboard replacements and a few other parts (eu vs usa). Now with that said I am now watching for the h480 plus to see what parts can be transplanted to the h520. I am expecting the mainboard and compass to be the only items that cannot be transferred over the h520.

Since you're on the job you could ride a better one, the H520TDAVISON ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss