Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Youtube channel series

Reaction score
I want to start a series on my YouTube channel on the TH and I was wondering if I turned off the ST16 to simulate an unexpected shutdown what would happen.

I have seen videos where other people have done this with the H520 and it returns to its landing site and lands, will the TH do this also or will it just stop where it is I want to know what happens before I try it for myself, my sense of adventure doesn't quite stretch to just doing it just to see what happens

The results are predictable. The H will rise to the RTH height if under, or remain at the altitude it is at if above the RTH height. At that point it will fly back to within a few feet of the last known location of the ST-16 and hover waiting for a command signal. Should it fail to regain a link with the ST-16 it will hover until the battery is depleted to a state that triggers the low battery auto land feature, and land. You don't have to turn off the ST-16 to initiate this action. Simply putting the ST-16 in Pad mode will terminate the flight control link. Placing the ST-16 back in Flight Mode by tapping the Home icon will initiate a much faster re-connect than had the ST-16 been turned off.

the H520 and it returns to its landing site and lands
Just remember to have a clear area between the H and the ST16. The H should land 10-15' from the last known location of the ST16 in the line of flight. So if you fly North and initiate RTH, the H should land North of the controller. There is NO relationship to the takeoff point. Only the location of the ST16.

cheers for the responses I had to ask as I have seen a video where the H just stopped where it was and the guy had to get closer to the H to reconnect and I was sure that it was supposed to RTH so that confused me a little bit

Don’t believe all you see on YouTube. You don’t have to understand the aircraft or even like the brand to make a video. Many videos have been made about the Typhoon H with deliberately false information and by people that didn’t understand how the system works and used it incorrectly.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Don’t believe all you see on YouTube. You don’t have to understand the aircraft or even like the brand to make a video. Many videos have been made about the Typhoon H with deliberately false information and by people that didn’t understand how the system works and used it incorrectly.
Absolutely agree with all of that. It is obvious many of the crash videos were intentional and carefully scripted to hide the person controlling the H. We have seen much of the same on this forum with the "post and run" claims of faulty products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity