Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Battery Issues

Reaction score
Ok guys I hope someone is able to help me with my issue that I just barely start to have. Ok so I bought a 3D printed charging adapter so I can charge the H batteries on my regular lipo charger so i can charge them faster & be able to balance charge them. But now out of nowhere I have 2 stock batteries & I successfully as usual charged one of my batteries & now when I attempt to charge my other battery my battery keeps stopping after only about 2 minutes after I start the charge which bring up a message saying battery connection problem but to be sure it wasn't my charger or the 3D printed adapter I connected the other battery & it has no issue whatsoever & I've attempted this in 3 separate modes on my charger (Fast Charge, Charge & Balance Charge) but nothing fixed my issue. Plus on top of that as I was checking my connections I Noticed that the outside plastic exoskeleton of the battery is loose from the internal block battery part of it so if you hold the entire thing in a single hand you can kind of move that internal block piece which is the battery itself, when I say that it moves a bit Im only saying that it does in a way of up & down so NO it is not moving from back to front, but I also am curious to know if that little bit of movement that it does have may be enough for it to actually have the connection that connect the physical battery block to the Yuneec proprietary charging adapter that we all are able to see from the outside. I wouldn't think that could be the issue unless the charging adapter piece is directly soldered onto the battery so there isn't any ability to provide movement of any kind so they'd either have to break connection or not move whatsoever? Does Yuneec Warranty the Batteries?? Thanks ALL Tom C

Ok guys I hope someone is able to help me with my issue that I just barely start to have. Ok so I bought a 3D printed charging adapter so I can charge the H batteries on my regular lipo charger so i can charge them faster & be able to balance charge them. But now out of nowhere I have 2 stock batteries & I successfully as usual charged one of my batteries & now when I attempt to charge my other battery my battery keeps stopping after only about 2 minutes after I start the charge which bring up a message saying battery connection problem but to be sure it wasn't my charger or the 3D printed adapter I connected the other battery & it has no issue whatsoever & I've attempted this in 3 separate modes on my charger (Fast Charge, Charge & Balance Charge) but nothing fixed my issue. Plus on top of that as I was checking my connections I Noticed that the outside plastic exoskeleton of the battery is loose from the internal block battery part of it so if you hold the entire thing in a single hand you can kind of move that internal block piece which is the battery itself, when I say that it moves a bit Im only saying that it does in a way of up & down so NO it is not moving from back to front, but I also am curious to know if that little bit of movement that it does have may be enough for it to actually have the connection that connect the physical battery block to the Yuneec proprietary charging adapter that we all are able to see from the outside. I wouldn't think that could be the issue unless the charging adapter piece is directly soldered onto the battery so there isn't any ability to provide movement of any kind so they'd either have to break connection or not move whatsoever? Does Yuneec Warranty the Batteries?? Thanks ALL Tom C
There is a warranty on the battery but i think its 30 days. Need to call yuneec.

Bill W.

Oh my H*** I'll bet that this battery is just barely 30 days old unless it's the battery that was included with my H I'll have to check cuz each have different markings to tell them apart. All I know is for $120 per battery just because of a proprietary connection of there's they will end up fixing or replacing it if it does end up to be the issue for free because I'm pretty careful with every bit of the H including the batteries so for them to have an issue out of nowhere is very odd & if it happens to be because they choose to connect the batteries in such a way that they do not allow for any play or movement whatsoever without disconnecting permanently then even if they're are a year old the should still be 100% responsible. Thanks Ill let you all know what the issue turns out to be for certain. Tom C

Yuneec has a customer service phone number, they are very responsive to phone calls, are in house Monday through Saturday, and are very good and resolving problems. They don't charge you for the call or their time in conversation. Have you considered calling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Ill def be calling them first thing tommorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion Tom C

Have you tried charging the battery on the Yuneec charger? The message will probably be because the contact of one of the sprung pins is not making contact with the balance battery contacts. The contacts may need cleaning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece