Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec C23 camera

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the c23 camera for the typhoon h pro yet? I want to replace my camera with the c23. If so lets hear about it

That's a no so far, despite a few ads to the contrary flying around...
But when I spoke direct to Yuneec UK a month back they definitely said it was on the cards, but had no idea when, and said it would be about £900 !

Yeah, I kind of do as well though not so much at that price !! You can get a whole TH for that !

I say let it get old for a few months and then buy it. The price always seems to drop in few months

It's good advice. I love my H, but flight times aren't brilliant as it is, and a heavier camera like the 23 will reduce them a fair bit further. And as some of the H's flight characteristics do wind me up sometimes - I wonder if i might not be better off just stumping up a little bit more for an H+ and getting a machine that has much nicer PX4 flight control, and is designed to lift the weight. Or if they start selling the Autel Evo over here I am definitely tempted by that as well - I think the camera on that rivals or even surpasses the C23, even though it is technically inferior, or at least smaller sensor size... I suspect at the end of the day, that once I've had it I'd seriously miss the independent 360 degree gimbal, so I'll probably get a C23 and the Evo if funds permit...

It's good advice. I love my H, but flight times aren't brilliant as it is, and a heavier camera like the 23 will reduce them a fair bit further. And as some of the H's flight characteristics do wind me up sometimes - I wonder if i might not be better off just stumping up a little bit more for an H+ and getting a machine that has much nicer PX4 flight control, and is designed to lift the weight. Or if they start selling the Autel Evo over here I am definitely tempted by that as well - I think the camera on that rivals or even surpasses the C23, even though it is technically inferior, or at least smaller sensor size...
I went on the site and it said they were going to sell two different versions of the C23 camera. A replacement for the the plus and one for the pro. We’ll see if it ever comes out. Reason I’m wanting to exchange my is because when I record a video it tapes good for a minute then I have still frames and repeats. I don’t understand that lol

I have no idea why it might be doing that, presuming you are using a U3 card...that is odd. I fully sympathize, as my own CGO3+ is doing some (different) footage-ruining artefacts for me ! Hopeless :(

Ok I will change the card and see what happens. I flew in the snow on Christmas Eve and it was some good footage but the card jacked up I suppose. I gonna see

It's good advice. I love my H, but flight times aren't brilliant as it is, and a heavier camera like the 23 will reduce them a fair bit further. And as some of the H's flight characteristics do wind me up sometimes - I wonder if i might not be better off just stumping up a little bit more for an H+ and getting a machine that has much nicer PX4 flight control, and is designed to lift the weight. Or if they start selling the Autel Evo over here I am definitely tempted by that as well - I think the camera on that rivals or even surpasses the C23, even though it is technically inferior, or at least smaller sensor size... I suspect at the end of the day, that once I've had it I'd seriously miss the independent 360 degree gimbal, so I'll probably get a C23 and the Evo if funds permit...

Personally, I'm waiting to get the H Plus when the price drops a bit and the flurry of firmware updates slow down. There are still features on the TH 480 that haven't been ported to the H Plus yet.

Personally, I'm waiting to get the H Plus when the price drops a bit and the flurry of firmware updates slow down. There are still features on the TH 480 that haven't been ported to the H Plus yet.

Exactly... the fact is that in an ideal world, the C23 will come out and because of the demand for the camera alone, it will never drop below the $1200 pricepoint.

But in the real world, right now you can pick up a Plus for only $500 more... and the fact is, that even sale prices of $1699 only reflect a discount of 10%. That is relatively minor discounting in the electronics sector.

I'd be willing to bet that at least 50-100 members of this board would pull the trigger, with the first retail outfit willing to put out a sale price of $1499... and the line forms to the left.

Exactly... the fact is that in an ideal world, the C23 will come out and because of the demand for the camera alone, it will never drop below the $1200 pricepoint.

But in the real world, right now you can pick up a Plus for only $500 more... and the fact is, that even sale prices of $1699 only reflect a discount of 10%. That is relatively minor discounting in the electronics sector.

I'd be willing to bet that at least 50-100 members of this board would pull the trigger, with the first retail outfit willing to put out a sale price of $1499... and the line forms to the left.
I agree with that!

I don't see the H Plus price changing much, if at all, in the next 10 months. The C23 and E90 are the same camera and the price of the E90 hasn't budged, nor has the H520 which is 10 months older than the H Plus. There wasn't a drastic drop in price for the Q500 until the H was nearing release. And the H didn't drop much until the 520 was getting close to release. So until a new model is announced I don't expect much dropping of prices.

I also don't believe the C23 will ever be available for the H. It just doesn't make sense to put an expensive camera on a older model which is likely out of warranty. Considering the significant improvements of the Plus over the H I think it's just smarter to buy the package.

I don't see the H Plus price changing much, if at all, in the next 10 months. The C23 and E90 are the same camera and the price of the E90 hasn't budged, nor has the H520 which is 10 months older than the H Plus. There wasn't a drastic drop in price for the Q500 until the H was nearing release. And the H didn't drop much until the 520 was getting close to release. So until a new model is announced I don't expect much dropping of prices.

I also don't believe the C23 will ever be available for the H. It just doesn't make sense to put an expensive camera on a older model which is likely out of warranty. Considering the significant improvements of the Plus over the H I think it's just smarter to buy the package.
Yeah you’re right. I’m gonna be sitting on my money for another couple of months to save for the h plus than. It actually is a total different drone, so it won’t be like I’m buying the same one. Tryin to justify the point of spending 1800 dollars lol

Reactions: Steve Carr
What's the important features missed in H+?

Editable Expo curves
Cruise Control via D-Pads
A reasonably consistent and usable CCC

Reactions: rdonson
Expo curves are important for me on the TH480 although not sure if they're a nice to have or a requirement on the H Plus. I use Cruise Control with the D-Pads a lot for my video work. I'm willing to wait on the H Plus to mature.

The new Mavic Pro 2 has an interesting Hasselblad camera with variable aperture (might eliminate the bag of ND filters) but you can't swing it around 360" and raise the landing gear so its value is in its portability. You also get to see props in the video if you're not careful.

Autel keeps promising an EVO with a 1" sensor but I'll just keep an eye out for that. Another drone with strong portability.

It was really weird seeing how one new release had a Hasselblad camera with variable aperture... and another model with a zoom lens capability... cause you know, you can't have both... right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval