Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec C23 camera

Sure would be nice to pop out the CGO3 and put in the Hass L1D-20C into the gimbal.....imagine having that hanging under the 480!

Expo curves are important for me on the TH480 although not sure if they're a nice to have or a requirement on the H Plus. I use Cruise Control with the D-Pads a lot for my video work. I'm willing to wait on the H Plus to mature.

The new Mavic Pro 2 has an interesting Hasselblad camera with variable aperture (might eliminate the bag of ND filters) but you can't swing it around 360" and raise the landing gear so its value is in its portability. You also get to see props in the video if you're not careful.

Autel keeps promising an EVO with a 1" sensor but I'll just keep an eye out for that. Another drone with strong portability.
Excuse me, could you please share which keys curve are edited mostly and some usages? TH480 supports all the keys curve edit and from my opinion not all of them are necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
@Steve Carr Thanks for sharing! It's very interesting with regards to line skipping but also a lot of admitted speculation on motivation. Still stranger is how does DJI claim a 4K video camera on the MP2 that isn't really shooting full 4K? Faux 4K?

I wonder if he's looked at other 4K cameras. The Mavic Pro shoots 4K with a smaller sensor, the TH480 shoots 4K video and, of course, the C23 with the H Plus with a 1" sensor. I've seen enough 4K video from the TH480 and the H Plus to see real differences between them on my 5K monitor but not in resolution. The 4K from the Autel EVO looks very good with the exception of dynamic range and low light performance.

Very interesting.

P.S. his remarks in the beginning of the video are spot on. Most people don't care about resolution and they want a 4K 1" sensor because they've been told it's the way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
Still stranger is how does DJI claim a 4K video camera on the MP2 that isn't really shooting full 4K?
It is an informative video for a novice like myself. I think his complaint isn't so much about the 4K as it is with advertising a 1" sensor which is only partially utilized.

It is deceptive at least.

It will be really disappointing for those trying to pull an 8 MP still image from a 4K video.

If still camera makers (Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Panasonic, Sony, etc.) did this there would be **** to pay.

Pretty hard to protect people from themselves. They actually tried doing that by creating Smart mode and the Smart circle but a few have managed to screw that up quite badly;)

IMHO, based on numbers just on this board, the number of people who have crashed or near crashed because of Smart Mode and it's idiosyncrasies, has to be a least 1000X more likely than as a result of making expo adjustments.

Reactions: PatR
IMHO, based on numbers just on this board, the number of people who have crashed or near crashed because of Smart Mode and it's idiosyncrasies, has to be a least 1000X more likely than as a result of making expo adjustments.
That's manufacturer worries about, but maybe gimbal control curve edit is nice to have.

Thanks, it's really exciting usage. However edit curve of sticks also introduces some risk even crash, especially for newbie. Usually manufacturer prefers opening several curves nothing with flight safety.
@rdonson

There’s always some risk when you’re changing settings like these. They’re not for the feint of heart or noobs. Always double or triple check to make sure you’ve executed the changes as described and that others have confirmed the instructions worked as described. It’s risky if you’re the first to try these out.

Once you think you’ve confirmed the changes then it’s time to try them in the safest manner you can think of. Large fields with no obstructions or distractions. Flying slowly and safely. Make sure you won’t panic if something doesn’t go according to plan and that you know what you want to do to safely get the bird back on the ground.

That's manufacturer worries about, but maybe gimbal control curve edit is nice to have.

There’s not a competitive RC aerobatics flyer than does not make use of expo curves. For those that understand and know how to set it up, the feature is invaluable for establishing the control rate speeds that “feel” right for each user. Taking that to drones means a person with the know how can slew the rates/speed of execution for any stick or gimbal control position to one that best fits the users needs. But it’s not something for those that don’t understand how the controls work to be independently messing with.

TyPilot has a very distinguished history in RC and his instructions can be trusted.

I would buy a C23 for my H480 but I doubt it will ever happen, basically the I see the H480 as a better machine than the H+, maybe one day they will sort the basic control functions on the H+ but currently its not there

I purchased the Plus several months ago and really am impressed. I didn't know they were going to offer an upgrade camera to the C23? Can't imagine a better 1" sensor, etc. Perhaps having a variable aperture might be an upgrade. Curves is OK, but would love to be able to have an app similar to Litchi for preprogramming flights. Still use my Mavic Pro for those types of missions and really can't see any reason to upgrade to the Mavic Pro II.

I don't see the H Plus price changing much, if at all, in the next 10 months. The C23 and E90 are the same camera and the price of the E90 hasn't budged, nor has the H520 which is 10 months older than the H Plus. There wasn't a drastic drop in price for the Q500 until the H was nearing release. And the H didn't drop much until the 520 was getting close to release. So until a new model is announced I don't expect much dropping of prices.

I also don't believe the C23 will ever be available for the H. It just doesn't make sense to put an expensive camera on a older model which is likely out of warranty. Considering the significant improvements of the Plus over the H I think it's just smarter to buy the package.
It shows on Drones direct website as being in stock, but that's not to say it's right one.
Yuneec C23 Gimbal Camera with 1" CMOS Sensor for Typhoon H Plus YUNC23EU | Drones Direct

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval