Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec CG03+ modified with a Peau Productions 8.25mm lens

@Texas_Willie
Go to Typhoon H Discussion and I have a post there, Peau 3.97 lens install that has 3 pages of info and insight! I had a buddy of mine do it who has done the same with GoPros etc. I bought him a lens for one of his H and he did it for me. He nailed the mounting and focus. Some CGO3+s need the lens housing as well (ours did) they are about $10 the lens is only $80. If you are a tech guy it should be pretty easy.

Reactions: Texas_Willie
I found a good video on replacing the CGO3+ Lens with a Peau Productions lens...FYI I have not watched the entire video, since I don't have the lens yet and I also don't have a skinny enough Philips head screw driver (I found a set of hobby screw drivers I forgot I had). So, I have begun the process of taking the camera apart.
I am having trouble removing the cover over the camera and wi fi compartment...It's not coming off as easily as it shows in the video (about 5:15 in) Anyone have any "miracle cures"?
TIA TW

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Grant
I found a good video on replacing the CGO3+ Lens with a Peau Productions lens...FYI I have not watched the entire video, since I don't have the lens yet and I also don't have a skinny enough Philips head screw driver (I found a set of hobby screw drivers I forgot I had). So, I have begun the process of taking the camera apart.
I am having trouble removing the cover over the camera and wi fi compartment...It's not coming off as easily as it shows in the video (about 5:15 in) Anyone have any "miracle cures"?
TIA TW

:)

Well, I finally got the cover off...I decide this morning to take the other 4 screws out and see if that did anything. As soon as I started unscrewing the first one, the cover began loosening up. Like an idiot, I had taken out the wrong 4 screws to begin with and when I reviewed the video, it was blatantly obvious that I had gotten the wrong screws the first time. I am a bit concerned now, because the "guts" look somewhat different than the camera in the video. But I think it is going to be alright...Time will tell when I get the new lens and mount. :)

Reactions: jcommstudios

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patynowy