Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I am commercial Drone Pilot and was flying a typhoon H in the mountains an the thing fell out of the air from 40' yuneec says i pushed the motor switch an will not honor the repair .....I did push the motor switch when it fell to the ground an a couple of the props not broken were still spinning I have been a commercial pilot ever since the inception of the 107 program an have been flying RC Helicopters for 20 years I am surprised how bad Yuneec CS is the say the stop button was pressed several seconds. My response was no **** when it hit the ground i killed the motors .....Am very unhappy I fly 3 different Typhoon h for biz an 2 different large drones base on Pixahaw will be ordering a new Inspire even though i can not stand DJI .If anybody else experienced this please contact me or reply....Kyle
UPDATE STRAIT FROM THE MANUAL.....NOTICE:Only with sustainable GPS or GPS being turned off, the motors can be started or stopped by pressing the START/STOP button......I had good gps lock they are just making excuses for a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.....IAM very disapointed

Attachments

• flight_log_zip[1].zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Standard procedure is to upload your flight log, then others can look at it to help diagnose.

I am commercial Drone Pilot for droneguyaerial.com was flying a typhoon H in the mountains an the thing fell out of the air from 40' yuneec says i pushed the motor switch an will not honor the repair .....I did push the motor switch when it fell to the ground an a couple of the props not broken were still spinning I have been a commercial pilot ever since the inception of the 107 program an have been flying RC Helicopters for 20 years I am surprised how bad Yuneec CS is the say the stop button was pressed several seconds. My response was no **** when it hit the ground i killed the motors .....Am very unhappy I fly 3 different Typhoon h for biz an 2 different large drones base on Pixahaw will be ordering a new Inspire even though i can not stand DJI .If anybody else experienced this please contact me or reply....Kyle
I feel your pain. I've had this exact same conversation with them. If you upload your telemetry file and the remote file from that flight I might be able to tell you what caused the problem. You can find the files in the Flight Log directory on the ST16 in the folders for Remote and Telemetry. Copy them to your computer and then add .txt to the end of the file name. That will allow them to upload here.

Looks like my previous reply was deleted? Anyway, I've had the same problems. One drone is in the shop awaiting parts. The other is awaiting a response from Yuneec. Been more than 15 days... Here are my flight logs for the one that wouldn't land and I had to shut it down so an not to injure anyone. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 82007[1].zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 14
If anybody else experienced this please contact me or reply.
The remote folder is empty. I need remote_00201.csv in order to review the flight. Just add a .txt to the end of the file name to upload it here.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
Hmm....well I see some things you need to change in the future. Always use a fully charged battery to begin a flight. Taking off with a bat a 15.3 v is dicey. Flying a bat down to 14.1 v is even worse. That is dangerously close to a shut down. You should be on the ground with at least 14.5 v. The aircraft can become unstable at low voltage.
Also, give a bit more time on the ground to get at least 15 sats before you start the motors.

The H was tilted to 7 degrees on bootup. If it was on level ground, then the accelerometers need calibrating. Make sure you set the H on a level surface for launch.

If you have a landing problem where the aircraft doesn't want to descend, there are several options. The first is to climb up another 20' and try again. If it still won't come down take it out about 50' and climb to the RTH altitude and then try the Home mode. If it still fails to land, go to angle mode, bring it in about 25' away, turn the aircraft so you are looking at the tail, then turn off the GPS. You can land for certain. I should also mention, if you bring it in close and as low as you can get it, then let it hover, it should land itself when it reaches the third bat warning.

The only way to get a response from Yuneec is by phone. They rarely respond to an email. I understand they are closed right now while they are moving their operation to a new location. I have heard nothing about a time frame for re-opening.

Last edited:
flying a typhoon H in the mountains an the thing fell out of the air from 40'
It's important that you respond to the requests on this thread regarding your crash. There may be a serious problem with your ST16. If so it isn't safe to fly with that controller. We can't help you determine that unless you provide the remote files. Your experience is similar to other crashes. See In flight failure

It's important that you respond to the requests on this thread regarding your crash. There may be a serious problem with your ST16. If so it isn't safe to fly with that controller. We can't help you determine that unless you provide the remote files. Your experience is similar to other crashes. See In flight failure
Hmm....well I see some things you need to change in the future. Always use a fully charged battery to begin a flight. Taking off with a bat a 15.3 v is dicey. Flying a bat down to 14.1 v is even worse. That is dangerously close to a shut down. You should be on the ground with at least 14.5 v. The aircraft can become unstable at low voltage.
Also, give a bit more time on the ground to get at least 15 sats before you start the motors.

The H was tilted to 7 degrees on bootup. If it was on level ground, then the accelerometers need calibrating. Make sure you set the H on a level surface for launch.

If you have a landing problem where the aircraft doesn't want to descend, there are several options. The first is to climb up another 20' and try again. If it still won't come down take it out about 50' and climb to the RTH altitude and then try the Home mode. If it still fails to land, go to angle mode, bring it in about 25' away, turn the aircraft so you are looking at the tail, then turn off the GPS. You can land for certain. I should also mention, if you bring it in close and as low as you can get it, then let it hover, it should land itself when it reaches the third bat warning.

The only way to get a response from Yuneec is by phone. They rarely respond to an email. I understand they are closed right now while they are moving their operation to a new location. I have heard nothing about a time frame for re-opening.
Thanks for the input steve are yo sur you ar looking at the correct log I took off with a fully charged battery an was onyl in the air about 20 seconds the fight was the day before thanksgiving

Attachments

• flight_log_zip[1] (1).zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input steve are yo sur you ar looking at the correct log I took off with a fully charged battery an was onyl in the air about 20 seconds the fight was the day before thanksgiving
I'll take another look. I think I looked at the last file in the log.

The response you referenced above was for Dcane 6. He posted his log and those comments were in reference to his flight. On your flight I need the remote file. I'll look at the zip file and see if it's in there.

Have you looked at the opening page of the Channel settings? Only B1 and J1 should be highlighted.

Reactions: kyleg2222
Yes i just did and wonder how to fix it i have the same problem and firmware
Can you take a screen shot of that page and post it here. It would be best to document the current settings before correcting it.

Can you take a screen shot of that page and post it here. It would be best to document the current settings before correcting it.
I have been messing with it and do not really know what i am doing it is much different than mixing yaw for conventional CP helicopter

Attachments

• IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 60
I have been messing with it and do not really know what i am doing it is much different than mixing yaw for conventional CP helicopter
The best way to correct the problem is to do a factory reset of the controller. Go to pad, settings, and go down to reset. After a power cycle create a new model, give it a name and save. Select that model to bind and select a camera.

Then go back to channel settings and see if it is corrected.

The best way to correct the problem is to do a factory reset of the controller. Go to pad, settings, and go down to reset. After a power cycle create a new model, give it a name and save. Select that model to bind and select a camera.

Then go back to channel settings and see if it is corrected.
Thank you Steve

Thank you Steve
Just for clarification, do you have any clue how the channels got changed? Have you done any firmware updates? Made any channel setting changes previously?
I have never found a definitive answer to how this happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy