Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H would not land; had to cut off the motors; crashed broke arm, propellers, camera housing...

Tomorrow I will have to be alone; my son is out of town. May be I can set up my phone on a tripod; but do you really want to watch 20 minutes of no activity?? Of course I can edit it.
no just when you attempt to land, I like to focus on the ST16 when you are attempting to land.

I was at an aviation maintenance shop several weeks ago, I forgot witch single engine plane it was, but with the new glass cockpits, it requires a lipo battery back up, and it's roughly the same voltage as what we have for our drone. Cost $500.00.o_O Only because it has the stamp of approval certified FAA.
I understand the need for FAA approval, but $500.00, gouging in my opinion.

Last edited:
It’s all about level of accuracy, and assurance equipment will remain accurate for months or years across a wide range of operating conditions. A VFR pilot flying in uncontrolled airspace has little need of an altimeter as they can see how high they are and if that altitude is enough to clear obstructions.

An IFR pilot has continuous, critical need of an extremely accurate altitude reference. Without an accurate altimeter they cannot be assured of clearing obstacles they cannot see because of weather obscuration, or fly at assigned altitudes that assure they won’t collide with other aircraft. Shooting an instrument approach in IMC conditions (you can't see the ground) requires tracking a radio beam glide slope, usually a 3* gradient, that becomes increasingly sensitive the closer you get to the airport. Every flight test level uses maintaining an assigned altitude tolerance as part of the test qualifications. As rating levels increase that tolerance decreases to where an Airline Transport Pilot should be able to manually fly and maintain an altitude of ~20’ or less of the assigned altitude. The cost of STC, PMA, and other test certifications can easily run into the millions of $$ before FAA acceptance is awarded. Aviation grade quality, reliability, and and accuracy has a price, one we don’t pay.

For our purposes, being limited to VFR and LOS conditions, the only altitude that concerns us is the maximum altitude we are permitted to fly at. Everything else is pretty much meaningless. We can always see the aircraft and clear obstructions using our eyes and through the camera lens.

Last edited:
Free up your hands so you're able to record on the cell phone, while flying your drone?
Now you can!
Yes for $19.99 you can purchase a one of a kind Velcro head strap, but wait, you get two if you order in the next 32½ seconds. All you have to do is pay for processing fee. Processing fee disclosure,$19.95 not responsible for those who think outside the box.

Last edited:
Thank you Steve. I panicked & have learned the hard way. I need to regain my confidence in the bird once I fly it again - repeatedly - after the repairs. Thank you for your quick response.
sorry about what happened to you one of the things I found out once you get to learn how to fly try not to fly with real sense sometimes that affect your system I learned to fly without the real sense you have better control or your drone without that real sense real sense is only good if you are learning and not use to using the system flight real close when you're using that real sense . once you learn itand feel comfortable you be a lot better off . once you get used to ityou will be all right . if you do not fly every day make sure once you start you put it up in a about 15 feet for 10 minutes that way your know if anything go wrong before you get too high take care later .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33