Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Customer Support?

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Is customer support any better on their more expensive products, or is it as lousy as their support for the Breeze?

I’m using the customer portal and it takes forever to get a response to a query.

The only good part of their support is that they don’t offshore their phone support to another country, so they can at least be understood.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Sadly, support for the Q, H and the Breeze has been tanked in the last 12 months. Everyone is hopeful it will improve after some of the moves that have occurred. Just a matter of time. I can't speak to the 520, but it is a different set of techs and a different phone number.

It would be great if we could take up the slack on this forum for the Breeze, but it seems there aren't many "experts". I notice that you and at least one other member seem to be very knowledgeable regarding this quad. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. :)

Thanks for your input. I have been thinking that I was expecting too much when asking technical questions and getting moronic responses from them. It’s like they are reading from que cards when they respond after a two week wait.

I've had pretty good experience dealing with them on the phone. I always take the route of leaving my contact number and having them call me back.

I've had pretty good experience dealing with them on the phone. I always take the route of leaving my contact number and having them call me back.

Phone support is alright if you call at the right time so you don’t have a 45+ minute wait. You don’t always get the option to leave your number for a return call. They have always been polite, but not really tech savvy.

The reason I was asking is that I’m looking at getting a bird with more range and flight time and more stable videography than the Breeze. If the support for their more expensive products sucks as bad as for the Breeze, I need to start looking elsewhere (except DJI - I don’t need a company telling me where and when I can fly).

I sent questions via email before Christmas for my H and never got any answer after getting a reference number, so I know they have the questions. When I got an email asking how they did answering my questions, I told them I was still waiting for an answer. That was a couple weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I guess need to just get on the phone one day and sit on hold....

The live chat feature worked great for me to get quick answers
I have no experience with repairs although when I bought my Q500 the extra props were missing and one phone call and I had them in my hand in a week

Short version; pick up the phone. If that’s more than people can handle they’ll be in for a long wait hoping for an e-mail response. Yuneec has been doing it this way, via phone calls, for at least three years and to think they’ll suddenly change now is ludicrous.

Once again, they neither sponsor or man this forum so any angry rants over lack of e-mail response are like spitting into the wind.

Duly noted @PatR. I know they don’t monitor the forum (what a shame as they could gain a lot of respect by replying to a lot of topics) and it wasn’t so much an angry rant as asking for feedback from those that have used Yuneec products for a number of years.

I have a lot of respect for those that moderate the forum and many others that are very helpful on this site. I’ll try calling Yuneec again, and attempt to address all my support questions in one session. I just thought using the Customer Portal on the website would give them a chance to research to problem and give more than a scripted answer.

DoomMeister, what kind of timeframe do you have in mind? If you can wait the 3 - 4 months until the Typhoon H+ is released, you'll likely find more than a couple of opportunities on the classifieds forum to pick up a very good deal on a standard or Pro TH... :)

DoomMeister, what kind of timeframe do you have in mind? If you can wait the 3 - 4 months until the Typhoon H+ is released, you'll likely find more than a couple of opportunities on the classifieds forum to pick up a very good deal on a standard or Pro TH... :)
That is an acceptable time frame. I have a few things to sell and want to research the hexes some more, as well as study for Part 107 to gain more freedom in the airspace.

Ordered Typhoon H 21 Dec 2017 delivered 28Jan 2018. I accepted over holidays was the problem. Then I spent 3 weeks trying to get a GPS lock. Called Yuneec and was sent a shipping label and RA number. H sent to United Radio 16 Feb 2018. Arrived at United Radio in Newy York 20 Feb. Had a call from United Radio on 22 Feb saying RA number was a no warranty repair. Another call to Yuneec. They called United Radio while I was on the phone. I heard nothing more from Yuneec or United Radio, but much to my surprise on 27 Feb the H arrived at my doorstep completely repaired. Shipping was slow but repair ended up being pretty quick. So 7 days from the time United Radio received the H until I had it back is not to bad. Plus two of the days were the week end.

I'm going to DISAGREE with most here ... I log on to the Yuneec.com site, click on CHAT (lower right) and I'm talking to someone in minutes. I've done this several times and it works great. They send me a follow up email and ask how the service was - and I give them great ratings. I have not called them and don't plan to - this is just so easy. Give it a try.

That is an acceptable time frame. I have a few things to sell and want to research the hexes some more, as well as study for Part 107 to gain more freedom in the airspace.

Read the 107 stuff closely. At some point in your reading you’ll discover having a 107 carries many restrictions the hobby level modeler doesn’t have.

Thanks @PatR, I’ll keep that in mind when I start seriously studying for the Part 107.

I contacted Yuneec Customer Support today for a couple of issues. I am GLAD to say that I had a pleasant and productive experience with Mitch. A few issues were resolved and another will be passed up the chain as it was a problem they were not aware of.

I now feel much more confident that Yuneec is concerned with their customer base.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval