Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 Full Bumper Cage For Close Inspection Flights

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This video shows the Yuneec H520 Bumper Cage in prototype during testing.
This was first demonstrated at the Commercial Drone Show at ExCel in London on the 13th November 2018, but these clips are an exclusive from testing. Daniel the head technician at Yuneec Uk told me he was not being kind to the cage and was bumping it hard against the walls on purpose.
This cage is going to change the shape of how inspections are done. The cage would give you the confidence to fly in areas you would not even attempt without it.
Nice work Yuneec UK.
The Bumper Cage will be available to buy soon from Yuneec UK at a cost of £349.99

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm really liking the product but sorely disappointed in the price point. I fully understand they spent a lot of time developing and testing but for what you're getting etc that's a very steep price tag.

I'm saying this from a Search & Rescue and a Public Safety point of view where budgets are limited and often times literally a "Shoe String" budget.

I'm really liking the product but sorely disappointed in the price point. I fully understand they spent a lot of time developing and testing but for what you're getting etc that's a very steep price tag.

I'm saying this from a Search & Rescue and a Public Safety point of view where budgets are limited and often times literally a "Shoe String" budget.

Yes but there is one on the market for the phantom 4 priced at £800 and people but that. So at £350 it’s a bargain.

6 prop redundantcy and a cage.
Has winner written all over it.

I'm sure people will buy it and if it saves the aircraft it's money well spent.

£349.99 (currently) comes in at $449.46 US. That's asking us to buy the equivalent to 3 more batteries and unfortunately batteries are a higher priority than this cage which could save $$.

Reactions: Bullshark
[QUOTE = "Peggy, Posten: 158336, Mitglied: 11948"] Ja, aber es gibt einen auf dem Markt für das Phantom 4, der bei 800 £ liegt, und die Leute aber das. Bei £ 350 ist es ein Schnäppchen.

6 Prop Redundanz und ein Käfig.
Hat der Gewinner alles geschrieben? [/ QUOTE]

Das ist kein Schnäppchen für fast 400 € o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

[QUOTE = "Peggy, Posten: 158336, Mitglied: 11948"] Ja, aber es gibt einen auf dem Markt für das Phantom 4, der bei 800 £ liegt, und die Leute aber das. Bei £ 350 ist es ein Schnäppchen.

einverstanden

As a clear price we have the suitcase, the thetering of Overfly, from an initial price of 6000€ went to 10.000€ and now I think they don't even show you the price. This of course is a competitive price :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:p:p:p

No ones asking you to buy it, I for one will be because its likely to save my 520 from a crash on some of the jobs I do. and to me £350 is a bargain for keeping my aircraft safe and being able to do jobs that I previously have had to turn down. 1 Job and it's paid for itself

I know "you do not like it do not buy it" but it just amuses me when someone is trying to sell products that are overpriced a few times.

And I thought DJI is greedy selling their Mavic cages for over $200.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
I know "you do not like it do not buy it" but it just amuses me when someone is trying to sell products that are overpriced a few times.

And I thought DJI is greedy selling their Mavic cages for over $200.

When you look at the price injection moulding and the development and packing design process it’s not hard to come up with that figure.

And somebody is trying to get a cost of a mold after 1-2 products sold. By the way, why there is a mold involved and how much it costs if it makes a product price almost 350 BP?

I do not know mate. For me it is about $700 AUD. It is just a lot for what it is and what it is made of.

I have been in this situation myself when I was selling my product for about 5 times more than I should have charged it for. I did spend about 3 hours to design it and set a fair price per one item(it was a set of ten timber table numbers)

I was making about $250 an hour on them. I sold about 50 of them over one year and rejected any offer that was more than 10% different from my price. Then somebody copied my design and started selling it for half of my price. They have sold in 100s in a few months and nobody buys them from me anymore, even though my current price is just 15% more.

Another example when one guy started selling one popular product for about $30(they probably made at least $40 per hour on it.) Just in 2 years they sold it on $1 500 000. And this is just through eBay.
Could I make them for the same price? Yes I could, it would make me working harder but it would be still a good profit.

However I did not want to make a price war with these guys. So they ended up making in two years more than I have made in 8 years in total.

Reactions: arruntus
And somebody is trying to get a cost of a mold after 1-2 products sold. By the way, why there is a mold involved and how much it costs if it makes a product price almost 350 BP?

I do not know mate. For me it is about $700 AUD. It is just a lot for what it is and what it is made of.

I have been in this situation myself when I was selling my product for about 5 times more than I should have charged it for. I did spend about 3 hours to design it and set a fair price per one item(it was a set of ten timber table numbers)

I was making about $250 an hour on them. I sold about 50 of them over one year and rejected any offer that was more than 10% different from my price. Then somebody copied my design and started selling it for half of my price. They have sold in 100s in a few months and nobody buys them from me anymore, even though my current price is just 15% more.

Another example when one guy started selling one popular product for about $30(they probably made at least $40 per hour on it.) Just in 2 years they sold it on $1 500 000. And this is just through eBay.
Could I make them for the same price? Yes I could, it would make me working harder but it would be still a good profit.

However I did not want to make a price war with these guys. So they ended up making in two years more than I have made in 8 years in total.

All I can say to that is you should have copyrighted and recorded a patent then the next stage would have been court if someone copied your design.
School Boy error as an entrepreneur not to do that.

But here’s the thing, that costs money which has to be recouped.

I have seen so many comments about how expensive this is and I’ll just recap my comments from earlier.

Potential job without cage £600
Turned down because too risky to fly.
£0 earned. Gone home and read a forum.

Potential job with cage £600 or maybe £900 because no one else for miles around you will touch the job because they don’t have a cage.
Job accepted.
Client happy to pay min £600 as job can now be achieved.
Cost of cage £350
Minimum of £250 earned.

Next potential job because the guy recommended you from the previous job £1000 because much bigger project.
Client over the moon that he can finally find someone to take on the job.
Cost of cage already recouped from previous job
£1000 earned.

Total from just 2 jobs £1250

Cost of cage is now no longer an issue and I’m off on a holiday with the money I just earned from 2 jobs I wouldn’t have taken on because I think £350 is too much for a bit of thin carbon.

If you are not a commercial pilot then this cage is not aimed at you it is aimed and not worth having just for recreational flying.

By the way the injection moulding set up cost over £10,000

So considering a company makes a phantom 4 cage for over £800 I reckon £350 is a very reasonable price and am surprised it’s that cheap.

When I receive mine I’ll do a full unboxing, setup and fly video.

Reasoning quite right and in a good way. That's the way to see things.
It is certain that this cage is not intended for leisure, only in restricted or confined space. Whoever wants to use it for leisure should not forget that nothing will stop the introduction of a branch in the cage.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm as I see it.

I see a product that costs me 500 and I don't buy it because I think it's too expensive for what it is, they make a copy at 50 and I buy it, if it doesn't go well or it doesn't give me the result I think it should have, I only lose 50.

I see a product that costs 500 and I doubt whether to buy it because there is a copy that is worth 350, in case of problems with the copy I prefer to buy the original because the difference is not very big and I make sure.

I see a product that costs 500 and I totally refuse to buy it because at first sight it is a product that not even by chance is worth 500. I buy the first copy or I don't buy anything.

I see a product that costs 500 that no one else offers, I value if I'm going to take advantage and buy it, but not before taking into account that in 4 days will make a copy, I wait and still do not buy.

I see a product that is worth 500 and I firmly believe that it is worth buying it, that its price is adjusted to the market. I don't think about it and I buy it.

P.D.: I could put more situations, but in my opinion if you see a product that you are interested in and only see the price, the one selling that product has a problem in a large number of potential buyers. The eternal question, do I sell a few units of a very expensive product or do I sell many units of a cheaper product?

Reactions: BigAl07
Hmmmmmmmmmmm as I see it.

I see a product that costs me 500 and I don't buy it because I think it's too expensive for what it is, they make a copy at 50 and I buy it, if it doesn't go well or it doesn't give me the result I think it should have, I only lose 50.

I see a product that costs 500 and I doubt whether to buy it because there is a copy that is worth 350, in case of problems with the copy I prefer to buy the original because the difference is not very big and I make sure.

I see a product that costs 500 and I totally refuse to buy it because at first sight it is a product that not even by chance is worth 500. I buy the first copy or I don't buy anything.

I see a product that costs 500 that no one else offers, I value if I'm going to take advantage and buy it, but not before taking into account that in 4 days will make a copy, I wait and still do not buy.

I see a product that is worth 500 and I firmly believe that it is worth buying it, that its price is adjusted to the market. I don't think about it and I buy it.

P.D.: I could put more situations, but in my opinion if you see a product that you are interested in and only see the price, the one selling that product has a problem in a large number of potential buyers. The eternal question, do I sell a few units of a very expensive product or do I sell many units of a cheaper product?

All valid points Arruntus and only the buyer can decide whether to make that purchase or not.

For me I will be buying the cage, I have 3 potential clients that I can take the cage along to and give a demo flight, and I am 90% sure they will grab the opportunity to fly for them from me.
If no one employs my services after the 3 visits then I have wasted £350.
However I have just got back from visiting 2 of the clients after showing them the video and their comments were 'when is this happening?'
So I am fairly sure I'll get my £350 back, so whether or not a cheaper version comes on the market I'm getting in there first and then possibly buy the cheaper one as a back up if it ever appears.

Reactions: arruntus
Here to lose we are not, I wish you much luck and that you can get all the jobs :D

But that has a price, a video made by you of how it works ;):p

Here to lose we are not, I wish you much luck and that you can get all the jobs :D

But that has a price, a video made by you of how it works ;):p

Subscription only to view

One off lifetime membership of............£350

All I can say to that is you should have copyrighted and recorded a patent then the next stage would have been court if someone copied your design.
School Boy error as an entrepreneur not to do that.

I cannot copyright 10 digits written in words and I cannot copyright the font that I am using even though I have a commercial license for it. Plus patents are worth for a huge factory with production in $1 000 000s, not for small workshop production.

It seems you did not get my point from my story. It is that a company should sell their products for a reasonable price. When a company starts selling something for a few times more than it costs they will lose eventually. Mostly because it will be just few sales at this price and second, another company will get to the market with a similar product and they will set their price much lower.

There is already something similar but for $20 only. You can try to add the top protection to it.

Yuneec Typhoon H Propeller Protectors - Blade Guards

There are also other designs available and it won't be far away that after Yuneec will start selling this cage someone will just make a similar cage for $100.

I won't argue any further. It is not my product due to its price. And a job should be worth much more than $1000 for me to buy $700 product just to get it.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Peggy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66