Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520E ST16E

Strange. All mentioned to H520E cameras inside the Yuneec web site are 360 degrees free motion. Yuneec's ruins their business with big steps.

Do you think it might be a switch or toggle that allows 360? Kind of like the camera tilt toggle?
As I understood, the camera has physical stoppers inside. So, the command can say to go around, but the mechanic says to stay on the margin.

Reactions: chascoadmin
As I understood, the camera has physical stoppers inside. So, the command can say to go around, but the mechanic says to stay on the margin.
We never saw anything like that on the one we tested so unless this is something new, a bad gimbal or there is some type of packing block this shouldn't be happening. Are we sure the pan mode isn't set to global? That would be the toggle in the down position and restricts panning.

A couple of months ago I asked the same question in one of the Facebook groups. The E90X was listed as having a 720° rotation. That seemed implausible to me. It would be something like 355° rotation with stops or 360° continuous with no stops. I did not get a meaningful response at the time.

A couple of months ago I asked the same question in one of the Facebook groups. The E90X was listed as having a 720° rotation. That seemed implausible to me. It would be something like 355° rotation with stops or 360° continuous with no stops. I did not get a meaningful response at the time.
Thorougly confused. Is this skateboarding? I guess it can only 360 twice, lol.

Reactions: Steve Carr
EVERTHING AT A GLANCE

20 megapixel / 4K resolution at 60 frames per second
1“ CMOS sensor
Digital zoom up to 8x
23 mm lens with low distortion
30 pin X-connector
320° rotation of the gimbal for perfect image stabilization
Ideally suitable for professional film applications, 3D mapping / modeling and search and rescue

So, no error about the stopper. They go away from the slipring and rotary encoder. Now we will have broken wires. But a plus is hardcoded position to the gimbal motor.

Is this one stepper or three phase brushless?

Let me ask one more time for a JPG from this state of the art.

Do you have official information from Yuneec that you can share? A document or link on a website that puts full information on what they are doing for the H520e battery. So far all their info on websites has been incomplete and confusing. I don’t quite understand why battery specs need to be “secret”.
It's written right here on the battery on our H520E:

As I have already confirmed on another thread it is an LiHV (lipo) not a lithium-ion. I believe there is a place on their website or another "official" resource that has it misstated which is probably what you saw.
I have the battery here and it says Lithium Ion:

I have the battery here and it says Lithium Ion:
That's interesting because the one we tested a year ago specifically said LiHV and Lithium Polymer, but I can definitely imagine that they may have changed the batteries since beta testing.

The manual also states LiHV, but it doesn't specify the chemistry. LiHV is the official term for a High-Voltage LiPo so either they changed the battery and didn't change the documentation or their terms are incorrect. I also notice that Vertigo Drones' website has the name incorrect. Note the image matching yours. We might also note that many do refer to a Li-Ion as a Lithium-Ion Polymer... Thank you for this verification of what is actually shipping! If you don't mind... where are you located? I wonder if it might depend on location? We are in the United States.

That's interesting because the one we tested a year ago specifically said LiHV and Lithium Polymer, but I can definitely imagine that they may have changed the batteries since beta testing.

The manual also states LiHV, but it doesn't specify the chemistry. LiHV is the official term for a High-Voltage LiPo so either they changed the battery and didn't change the documentation or their terms are incorrect. I also notice that Vertigo Drones' website has the name incorrect. Note the image matching yours. We might also note that many do refer to a Li-Ion as a Lithium-Ion Polymer... Thank you for this verification of what is actually shipping! If you don't mind... where are you located? I wonder if it might depend on location? We are in the United States.

We're located in Poland.

I'm confused about the whole thing, but the sign on the battery says what it says. Then again, the ST16 batteries have always had a sign "charge only with a suitable Li-Poly charger only" while at the same time being marked as Li-Ion. It has been like that since the first Typhoon H and it's still like that now, so I wouldn't be surprised if the marking on the H520E batteries would be wrong xD.

Has anyone here ever heard about Li-Ion batteries that can be charged up to 4,4V per cell? I know I haven't...

• Love
Reactions: Mike Irish
We're located in Poland.

I'm confused about the whole thing, but the sign on the battery says what it says. Then again, the ST16 batteries have always had a sign "charge only with a suitable Li-Poly charger only" while at the same time being marked as Li-Ion. It has been like that since the first Typhoon H and it's still like that now, so I wouldn't be surprised if the marking on the H520E batteries would be wrong xD.

Has anyone here ever heard about Li-Ion batteries that can be charged up to 4,4V per cell? I know I haven't...
In my 20 years of radio-controlled vehicles we have never put a Li-Ion in a vehicle. They are just not as safe at high loads and temperatures. In my opinion they are more suited for things like the radio transmitters and cell phones. I have never seen a Li-Ion cell rated above 4.2v, but now I am wondering what Yuneec has been using the entire time if they truly can't get the terminology correct. Maybe they have been Li-Ion all along and this is part of the reason that their batteries seem to deteriorate sooner than our DJI batteries. I guess as long as they work the change in the battery connector is the more important factor. Confused but curious.

oem charge cube for h520e being used in it's default state (mod addon third party charger connectors not in use) will charge the battery to 4.4volts per cell.

The other perspective that I have seen is that a Li-Po is a Li-Ion where the composition is a polymer and not a liquid like we would think of the original branded Lithium-Ion batteries. I think that seems the most likely explanation...

The other perspective that I have seen is that a Li-Po is a Li-Ion where the composition is a polymer and not a liquid like we would think of the original branded Lithium-Ion batteries. I think that seems the most likely explanation...
If Yuneec cant get this right what else is there hidden in the background?

If Yuneec cant get this right what else is there hidden in the background?
I don't think it's a matter that affects the practicality and use of the solution, but it is confusing when details like this are really unclear. Over the years I have noticed that much of this comes from the fact that these are manufactured and much of the documentation is translated from China. That said I've never had a problem using them, but a change in the batteries does concern me a little bit.

Reactions: Steve Carr
In my 20 years of radio-controlled vehicles we have never put a Li-Ion in a vehicle. They are just not as safe at high loads and temperatures. In my opinion they are more suited for things like the radio transmitters and cell phones. I have never seen a Li-Ion cell rated above 4.2v, but now I am wondering what Yuneec has been using the entire time if they truly can't get the terminology correct. Maybe they have been Li-Ion all along and this is part of the reason that their batteries seem to deteriorate sooner than our DJI batteries. I guess as long as they work the change in the battery connector is the more important factor. Confused but curious.
I have seen Li-Ion in vehicles - both in professional airplanes and multirotors. Some less known brands do use them.

well with wifi and camera able to be used at the same time proposed faa limited remote id operations could be viable with the next 1 to 2 more generation releases. just need to nail the new serial number makeup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval