Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520E ST16E

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have heard there is a micro switch added to the battery lock to prevent flight if it is not locked. Also redundant contact points on the battery connector to ensure reliable contact.

The battery very likely has the same pin arrangement as the H3:
H3 Battery.jpg

Last edited:

Paw

Reaction score
It all makes me feel "E" is a completely new platform. Those of us who fly h520 currently will earn nothing from its introduction. Nothing of h520 we have today, like batteries, chargers, cameras etc. is going to fit the new one.

Reaction score
the three bay st16s battery charger, props , the arms with motors with exception which is the 2 arms where the new antenna are mounted on are brand new. and land gear thats all that are known compatible at this time.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Reaction score
just waiting for the october release date. and a few months later to get my hands on it. I am liking my current h520 even more. just did 4 new test flights at vbro in Louisiana got go ahead from the vrbo owner and the farmer next door. Location not ideal. heavy power lines just to the south of me power poles crisscrossing the property one pole with 3 transformers. The place has a metal roof. first thing I did was recalibrate compass and the accel. h520 was stable no drifting even with 3 transformer power poles close by. took off the ground at low AGL crossed under one wire that ran to the other side of the road. Then cleared the wire and gained 398ft AGL and never had any issues with the h520. I did not use the oem omni antenna. I used 3hawks xr with boosters on a tripod and the controller was also on a tripod. RSSI were running 71 to 78 at 2500 ft from st16s location. Also It be nice if we can change out the current h520 battery plug to the h520e battery plug on the h520 to keep it in the air longer after all our current h480 and h520 batteries need replaced. same battery wire changeout for those who have the h plus or even the veteran h480

Reactions: Paw and Steve Carr
Reaction score
confirmed from vertigo drones web site they show the h3 mainboard the main battery wire can be swapped to the other yuneec hex units. batteries are running 200.00 per battery. and yuneec has a dy5 charger for the h3 battery in europe. vertigo drones should look into offering them here in the us.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Reaction score
vertigo drones has release a video of the h520e. and for those of you in Europe there a site listing it as in stock ships in 1 to 14 days

Reaction score
Aeromind in Poland - what is in the box
Product with prices

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex of Oz