Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520E ST16E

new question with the switch to lithium ion from lipo is the need for 50 percent charge for storage needed to maintain the flight battery. If it is the same chemical makeup as the st16s battery and that one is stored fully charged up with out issue.

Reactions: Rayray
yuneec confirms that the typhoon h3 battery is compatible with h520e drone but with a shorter flight time just like h480 battery can be used in the 1st gen h520 and h plus.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
new question with the switch to lithium ion from lipo is the need for 50 percent charge for storage needed to maintain the flight battery. If it is the same chemical makeup as the st16s battery and that one is stored fully charged up with out issue.
The controller batteries are made different, and single cell, so not as likely to fail or rupture. Flight batteries, multi-cell, whether LIPOs or newer LIHVs, do need to be stored at a nominal voltage for safety and long life.

I see you got your 520E, that's great!

yuneec confirms that the typhoon h3 battery is compatible with h520e drone but with a shorter flight time just like h480 battery can be used in the 1st gen h520 and h plus.
So if that is the case they will give a different reading on your transmitter, just like the older lower voltage H480 batteries when used in the H Plus? I think I would check this one out with a proper electronics technician from Yuneec?
Regards.
Mike

The controller batteries are made different, and single cell, so not as likely to fail or rupture. Flight batteries, multi-cell, whether LIPOs or newer LIHVs, do need to be stored at a nominal voltage for safety and long life.

I see you got your 520E, that's great!
@Rayray

Can you confirm the make up on the H3 and H520e flight batteries? Logic tells me that they are mutually the same being LiHV technology and the pin out on the new style connector is the same between them. This will be much like the H Plus and H520. I find it hard to believe that they would have gone to a different battery technology.

Ive seen where some sites list the nominal voltage as 15.2V and others list it as 15.4V, and this difference is usually a result of using 3.8V or 3.85V as the nominal voltage per cell.

So if that is the case they will give a different reading on your transmitter, just like the older lower voltage H480 batteries when used in the H Plus? I think I would check this one out with a proper electronics technician from Yuneec?
Regards.
Mike
Is that because the H3 batteries are 5250mAh and the H520e are 6200mAh?

Is that because the H3 batteries are 5250mAh and the H520e are 6200mAh?
Yes, as far as I can see from the Yuneec sites I've seen the batteries for the H520e are 6200mah batteries.

Ive seen where some sites list the nominal voltage as 15.2V and others list it as 15.4V, and this difference is usually a result of using 3.8V or 3.85V as the nominal voltage per cell.
I totally agree with you. I've searched most Yuneec sites in Europe and the States and I've seen H520e's with long antennas on the left and right arms like the ones in the 16s tranny? Other ones are the rectangular type!!! This brings me to the fact that some people had problems with the filter treads on the camera being oddball sizes?
Cheers.
Mike

I can confirm that they use Li-Io batteries in h520e, and that the charger charges them to 4,4V per cell (!). This makes these batteries incompatible with the DY5 charger for H3, because it charges the batteries only to 4,35V per cell.

A different charger is coming for the4 H520e.

I can confirm that they use Li-Io batteries in h520e, and that the charger charges them to 4,4V per cell (!). This makes these batteries incompatible with the DY5 charger for H3, because it charges the batteries only to 4,35V per cell.

Do you have official information from Yuneec that you can share? A document or link on a website that puts full information on what they are doing for the H520e battery. So far all their info on websites has been incomplete and confusing. I don’t quite understand why battery specs need to be “secret”.

Do you have official information from Yuneec that you can share? A document or link on a website that puts full information on what they are doing for the H520e battery. So far all their info on websites has been incomplete and confusing. I don’t quite understand why battery specs need to be “secret”.
I'll add it to the List...;)

Reactions: DoomMeister
I got a working mod of the oem charger cube to run off a third party charger that can charge up to 4.4v that is needed for the h520e battery. spliced in balance leads and main power wire using deans connections.

They really put those ugly antennas on the arms? I can't believe that. The new gimbal is a go but those antennas? Nah.
Considering the form factor and the fact that the landing gear is retractable that's a perfect place to put the antennas for maximum range. You're probably looking at an old picture like shared in the post after yours because the one that I have seen has much shorter flat antennas.

As I have already confirmed on another thread it is an LiHV (lipo) not a lithium-ion. I believe there is a place on their website or another "official" resource that has it misstated which is probably what you saw.

Reactions: Steve Carr
10 days left on home paid covid19 lockdown leave. before I can even think of getting h520e in the air. new camera will not do endless rotation any more. camera rotation stops with remote on just before camera point straight backwards on max turn pan nob of the controller, not as smooth of rotation very touchy on the nob.

Last edited:
The camera has some kind of stoppers when it isn't powered?
What is the type of camera?

May I ask you to share some JPG's made with this camera, without any rework, to take a look?

To share, I mean to upload them somewhere, not to post them here inside the message.

Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval