Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Has A New Model the H520

I read that the space for the battery was designed larger for a larger battery, and that the motors were more powerful.

I really hope they make a good high output li ion 8000mah. Some badass **** like the A123 18650 cells dewalt is using. A REAL BATTERY!

Or maybe even 10,000 mah.......30+minute flights?

Looks like the same battery size, and just to be clear i made an orange battery before they did.
H520_back_view-630x463.jpg
20160828_182749_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited:
It probably will, after all the price increase is only due to a better camera. Its the same hexacopter just painted orange with a slightly larger capacity battery that appears to the dimensionally equal to the current one.

The props havnt even been improved which is great because that means i have work toworkfor the current H and this one.

Now the big question is will the battery be black or orange and will it be a tray that accomodates a regular lipo?

It probably will, after all the price increase is only due to a better camera. Its the same hexacopter just painted orange with a slightly larger capacity battery that appears to the dimensionally equal to the current one.

The props havnt even been improved which is great because that means i have work toworkfor the current H and this one.

Now the big question is will the battery be black or orange and will it be a tray that accomodates a regular lipo?

Actually its not the same hexacopter Ralphy. Its larger, bigger motors, larger props, bigger payload.

H520 Information -

• Larger Airframe: The Typhoon H520 is 520mm between rotor centres compared to 480mm for the Typhoon H.

• Larger Motors and Props: Give increased flight performance with a greater top speed and higher wind tolerance and stability.

• Increased Payload: Carries larger and a wider range of cameras.

Reactions: Ralphy
Actually its not the same hexacopter Ralphy. Its larger, bigger motors, larger props, bigger payload.

H520 Information -

• Larger Airframe: The Typhoon H520 is 520mm between rotor centres compared to 480mm for the Typhoon H.

• Larger Motors and Props: Give increased flight performance with a greater top speed and higher wind tolerance and stability.

• Increased Payload: Carries larger and a wider range of cameras.

Yes its motor centers across the entire craft not adjacent motor centers. That means the entire thing will be a only 40mm larger diamensionally which yeilds about 6mm greater clearance between adjacent rotor props giving you a maximum larger prop of 3mm compared to the current one. o_O

Its 7% larger 480mm vs 520mm across with a battery 21% more capacity 5400mah vs 6800 mah that yields 20% increase in flight time 25 minutes vs 31 minutes.

Then you factor in 20% fluff factor and its a real flight time of 17min given the new payload doesnt weigh more than 20% compared to ours

Which means if we put the new camera flight time will be at 14 min more or less with a factory battery.

I can already see more companies getting larger batteries for it.

Also you can always extend your factory carbon fiber arms out an extra 30mm on each arm by buying a longer carbon fiber tube and make your H480 a H540!

Very soon the prop on the right will fit your H480, anyone wanna help?20170109_122934.jpg

Last edited:
Yes its motor centers across the entire craft not adjacent motor centers. That means the entire thing will be a only 40mm larger diamensionally which yeilds about 6mm greater clearance between adjacent rotor props giving you a maximum larger prop of 3mm compared to the current one. o_O

Its 7% larger 480mm vs 520mm across with a battery 21% more capacity 5400mah vs 6800 mah that yields 20% increase in flight time 25 minutes vs 31 minutes.

Then you factor in 20% fluff factor and its a real flight time of 17min given the new payload doesnt weigh more than 20% compared to ours

Which means if we put the new camera flight time will be at 14 min more or less with a factory battery.

I can already see more companies getting larger batteries for it.

Also you can always extend your factory carbon fiber arms out an extra 30mm on each arm by buying a longer carbon fiber tube and make your H480 a H540!

Very soon the prop on the right will fit your H480, anyone wanna help?View attachment 4634
A simple thing to remember:
For a hexcopter, the motor spacing between adjacent arms is 1/2 the motor circle. For the 480 this means 240 mm (9.448") between motors and for the new 520 it means 260 mm (10.236) between motors. This number is also the maximum prop size (with tips just touching.) Of course you need some clearance unless you stagger the props vertically. The current props are 9". The new frame would allow 10" props.

As fa.r as cameras. There will be the CGO ET for IR, the CGO CI w/ 50mm lens for commercial inspections, and an Improved CGO3+, however at this point Yuneec CS will only say the CGO ETC is backward compatible. They say that the have no information on the CI or improved (???) 3+, or when they will be released.

The CGO CI works on the Typhoon H as well as the H520. It's quite an improvement in contrast, color, etc. The lens offers a better use of the sensor area in addition to being a higher grade lens. Glass is a big deal. Yuneec already has a great codec and post-processing solution.

Thank
The CGO CI works on the Typhoon H as well as the H520. It's quite an improvement in contrast, color, etc. The lens offers a better use of the sensor area in addition to being a higher grade lens. Glass is a big deal. Yuneec already has a great codec and post-processing solution.
Thank you. Where did you find the info on the new camera and where it confirms compatibility with original H?

Thank

Thank you. Where did you find the info on the new camera and where it confirms compatibility with original H?

I'm the person who shot some of the promo material for this camera. Some was flown from the h520 and some was flown from the typhoon h.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430