Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Has A New Model the H520

Just called Yuneec CS, the rep said they just received a flyer yesterday that the new cameras were coming out, but they have not been told whether or not they will be compatible with the H. They are waiting also.

CGO-ET and CGO-CI are compatible with Typhoon H.

H520 utilizes a 4s 6850mAh lipo. Battery not compatible with standard H.

It would be great to see 16850 li ion cells in the near future, they outperform lipos with twice the energy density saving weight and incresing power. They also have lifecycles of 300-500 vs lipos at just 100 before they are tossed out.

The Panasonic NCR18650B Rechargeable 3400mAh 3.7V 18650 are only $7 and with a 4s2p configuration it gets to 6,800mah with $56 dollars in battery cost.

Reactions: Alex Potemkin
Anyone wanna take a stab at how much the drone by itself costs? Was thinking about swapping out my typhoon h for the 520 and using the st16 that I have.

Anyone wanna take a stab at how much the drone by itself costs? Was thinking about swapping out my typhoon h for the 520 and using the st16 that I have.

You'd have to speak to them. They're not selling through the usual consumer channels like Amazon, so I'm not sure you'll be able to buy just the drone.

It's intended for commercial pilots, so you'd buy it from an approved distributor and get a package that includes warantee cover, fast turnaround for replacements and so on. I'm not sure they'll want to break apart that package - especially in the first couple of months when they're introducing the model to the market.

You'd have to speak to them. They're not selling through the usual consumer channels like Amazon, so I'm not sure you'll be able to buy just the drone.

It's intended for commercial pilots, so you'd buy it from an approved distributor and get a package that includes warantee cover, fast turnaround for replacements and so on. I'm not sure they'll want to break apart that package - especially in the first couple of months when they're introducing the model to the market.

What you're saying makes sense. I love love my typhoon h pro but I really like the solid beefy set up of the new 520 with longer flight times to boot. $2500 to $4500 is a big pill to swallow for me. I fly solely for recreation and to just have fun. I hope they offer the drone itself to the consumer who doesn't want to use it for utility.

Hi. New to this forum. I am a DJI user since their first multrotor kit(F-450-550). Have an inspire1 and it is a wondeful machine. But I am not happy with the way they treat their clients and supporting their platforms . Having to send back a unit to china or Cal. for repair is just stupid and they wont sell spare parts. Having said that i did not have a single problem after more than 15 hrs of Flight. I would switch to Yuneec in a hearthbeat if they
Offer compatibility with the most popular mapping software and have a 16 or more megapixels cam. I am sure millions of dji users would do the same. Your almost there Yuneec and clients are waiting... Come on!

Hi. New to this forum. I am a DJI user since their first multrotor kit(F-450-550). Have an inspire1 and it is a wondeful machine. But I am not happy with the way they treat their clients and supporting their platforms . Having to send back a unit to china or Cal. for repair is just stupid and they wont sell spare parts. Having said that i did not have a single problem after more than 15 hrs of Flight. I would switch to Yuneec in a hearthbeat if they
Offer compatibility with the most popular mapping software and have a 16 or more megapixels cam. I am sure millions of dji users would do the same. Your almost there Yuneec and clients are waiting... Come on!
Oups! I meant hundreds of dji users...

I want to continue the legacy and build a 8000mah battery tray for the H520. I wonder if I reach out to Yuneec if they will help me?

Most of Yuneec's features are compatible with popular mapping software. Megapixels isn't the answer, and DD, Pix4D, Datumate, AgiSoft, Dronifi, ICE...none of them are concerned with "megapixels." They are concerned with the exif data, clean image edge to edge, lack of vignette. The Nevada Highway Patrol uses the Typhoon H with Microsoft ICE and PhotoModeler to map accident scenes.

i use Maps made easy and Pix4d and they do not support Yuneec's drone. Neither Drone deploy. I don't know about the others. No SDK i think.

I routinely use pix4d (nearly daily) alongside agisoft, from the typhoon h. The highway patrol uses photomodeler, very similar to DD workflow.

What app are you using to get pictures. Are you flying and taking pictures manually?

Hello everyone,

More details about H520vsH480:

Motors and props side by side:

image4.jpg

New cameras:

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

New ST16s (apparently with more power and direct USBs for SDK developments):

image.jpg

Regards from Spain,
Dario.

Reactions: zandoli
heads up it now preorders are being taken from vertigodrones.com for the h520 in 4 packages lowest is
1,699.99 no camera 2 batteries to 4,399.99 cgo et 3 batteries the cameras e50 and e90 coming out with this drone as well

This is my first post so regards to everyone!!
A few words about the new H520 cameras-the vertigodrones.com advert states that the e90 has a 90mm EQUIVALENT focal length so I am assuming that the e90 and e50 have equivalent focal lengths compared to full frame sensors (24x36mm).
I have read that the e90 has a 1 inch sensor but I cannot confirm that the E50 has one.

If anyone wants to fly the H520 for certain professional shots or for recreational use a wide angle lens would be useful-and certainly more safe. I live in the UK and I contacted Yuneec UK to ask if the CGo3+ was compatible with the 520. This was the answer I got:

"At the present moment the information we have is that the current CG03+ camera will not work on the H520. The specification on this may change nearer the time that the 520 is released to market."

It would be disappointing if the H520 cannot use existing Yuneec wide angles at launch-maybe they are planning to launch a one inch wide-angle later in the year?

If anyone has any up-to-date information about this please do post it on this site!

I cannot violate NDA, but will tell you that the majority of the information posted in these last three posts (price, availability, E50, E90 specs) are inaccurate.
Suppositions from dealers, show visitors, and in at least one case, Yuneec CS have been made that aren't correct.

Rumors (so far) about what will work and what won't work, what will be shipped and when; take it with a grain of salt. Any information from anyone but the Product Management and Marketing teams at Yuneec is likely to be off-target.

Yuneec Ltd will announce everything clearly when all components are ready, and most everyone here will likely be very excited about the specs, pricing, and offerings!
Meanwhile, here is a teaser photo of the 520, designed entirely for the Commercial/Enterprise market. This aircraft is not built with the typical Hobby/fun users in mind, although they'll enjoy it too, just without the hobby-oriented bells/whistles.

e4c01082-54c4-46f1-86c0-3f94a0988bdc-original.jpeg

Reactions: zandoli and Tuna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop