Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Q500 4K or DJI Phantom 3 Professional

Reaction score
hi guys

Right so I'm looking to buy either a phantom 3 pro or a Yuneec Q500 4K

I fully understand that this is a Yuneec forum and 99% are going to be bias towards them, but just thought I'd ask the question and see if I could gather a little more info

Would love your opinion either way

Thanks
Mike

They are both good copters. It just depends on what you want to do with the machine and what your needs are. The P3 is fast and handles wind pretty well. The Q500 is stable and very easy to fly especially if you want to take smooth video. The Q is also much quieter. The P3 has apps available to plan flights and has more distance with the video signal. The Q has a built in monitor so you don't need a phone or tablet to monkey with. Traditionally, Yuneec has had much better customer service than DJI and it's possible to call and get answers to questions. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Copper Angel
I haven't flown any of the DJI drones yet. All I can say is that for what I have heard the Phantom flies faster but is way louder than the Typhoon Q500 4K. I've been flying the Typhoon Q500 4K for 2 months now and loved it. It is very stable and quiet. And the video and picture quality is awesome. I don't mind at all the Q500 4k been slower than the Phantom, because the reason that I bought my drone is to take videos and pictures of the jobs I complete in my roofing business. I hope this info helps you make the right desicion when choosing which drone is right for you.

I'd absolutely love a phantom 4 but just can't afford it right now, they do look amazing though

What ultimately swayed me, was that while the extra range of the Phantom could be nice, I'd also have to either pair my existing phone, or buy a separate or tablet to use with it. To me, that seems like with so many different options for devices, could add another tiny bit of compatibility issues because of the apps (didn't help that there was no shortage of people with connectivity issues when I looked on their forums in regards to my S6). So the Yuneec has that built into the controller, specifically designed for use. That, coupled with the extra value with the steadygrip of the Yuneec, I went that route and have been very happy so far.

Well there are differences. My thing with the DJI is that it gives amazing quality images and very compatible, but has no audio and can't take out the camera and use it like Steadygrip. The Yuneec has that features where you can use it as a drone or a regular camera. If you are more into getting good quality images and video with no audio, the DJI is the way to go. If you like a multipurpose drone with a Steadygrip and use on a drone, Yuneec is the choice. I went with the Yuneec because it had the Steadygrip and had audio features in case I take it off the drone. Thats my take on it. The image quality on the Yuneec is fine, but little to the yellow side, but that can be corrected with some editing on Movie maker.

I'm an average Joe by every stretch, and here's the first real footage that wasn't over my house. Feel free to open it on YouTube and crank it up to whatever resolution you want to watch it, but this was plenty good enough for me:

Yep. And, to be honest, that was probably my 6th flight since getting it. Obviously you can tell I was nervous with the added pool float taped just in case I needed to retrieve the aftermath of Fail but it also goes to show the degree of confidence the Yuneec had given me in such a short time, that I would feel 95% comfortable flying it out over the water so soon. And I certainly can't complain about the quality.

Wow! I think it's amazing to see other people lifes and owning your own boat and sailing looks amazing!!

It's actually the reason I was looking into a drone to start with. I'll be upgrading to a newer larger boat in a year or two, but I wanted to get into learning how to take some good videos. That's why the steadygrip was also so appealing as part of the package, so I can take hand-held videos when I'm out and about on hikes and other trips when I'm not on the water. The Yuneec checked every box for me, and I have no regrets at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval