Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec should have fixed it the first time!

I was surprised, as well. I asked her if they could have just sent me the stick and I replace it. That's when she said there was more wrong with it than that. Maybe another part of the ST 16??? She also said that opening the case would void the warranty.

They did replace it right away (back during the summer) I just haven't had the time to peruse the forum. Stopped by to see what kind of news there was on the H+ and thought I should finish this up.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I had exactly the same J2 problem... brand new out of the box (0 flight) returned it and they sent me a brand new st-16. There were a lot of controller with this problem. Yuneec just never advertised it!

They did the soft recall. It seems newer ST units are better. I own 4 now and the oldest one has always been funky on the yaw unless I do pre flight exercise of the stick. The switches are better also without those wonky long skinny poles on the OBS and pan select.

I get that but those long poles are tricky on Spectrum radios also so I guess I’m not a fan. Plus the St 16 upside down storage on many foam packs didn’t help. The new replacement boards for either left or right three switches has the short more tapered poles now so it was obviously a problem. The assembly of both St and 480 also looks like it’s been done with more care as wiring is better secured and dressed internally.

I had exactly the same J2 problem... brand new out of the box (0 flight) returned it and they sent me a brand new st-16. There were a lot of controller with this problem. Yuneec just never advertised it!
I had a j2 problem that puzzled me for weeks . Couldn't figure out why was the yaw acting like this and responding slowly on the return. I thought to my self this thing is new . Wait these parts have been sitting in a warehouse and what's a warehouse worse enemy dust and dirt . I opened the st16 up and hit the pods good with computer gas air moving it back and forth side to side and using lithium grease use to grease rc car gears and servo's on every moving part of the gimbles ( $2) and presto... it was fixed. I'm flying like a war bird now .. all problems solved.

Reactions: rdonson
Maybe time to invent some type of protection for the sticks on not only the ST16 but the ST10 as well
I had the problem with the q500 but not the H yet.
I can see they are different designs, the ST10 being more “ open”. Some type of cover would be a cheap insurance and cheap to purchase once manufactured

At the risk of being redundant like this topic...dirt and moisture are common enemies of all electronics. There is no fix other then operator maintenance as part of routine pre flight checks. Much like a real pilot makes sure their sticks work properly (hydraulic or by wire) before flight, we should also. Personally, I prefer the fact that I can’t get too comfortable because I shouldn’t. Almost every incident that’s been damaging our combined reputations is from pilots being cocky and taking risks and assuming their gear will always behave.

A quick hover check before mission allows you to check all sticks. When one of my ST shows yaw response issues, I work the stick around repeatedly while watching the H react until I get full “dance” of all movements I’m making. After that’s done, I have no problems typically. If I do, I land and bust out the can of air I carry as we got nothing but dirt here in the desert to set stuff down on. It’s also why I use a pad for launch and hand catch.

Reactions: Anthony carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi