Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sim Not Loading on Windows 10?

PPS

Reaction score
I purchased a TH and it came with a free Yuneec Sim, Following the directions to download the software off the Yuneec page. Upon downloading and trying to open or unzip I get the following error. Cannot open file 'UAV-Pilot_2_00_0_ setup (1) Zip' it does not appear to be a valid archive. I have tried it on 2 different PC's with windows 10 and get the same error. I have disabled my virus protection. At a loss to get it functioning. I have downloaded the software twice on both machines and get the same. Any ideas or fixes... Thanks for any help or if you have experienced the same....Steve

I have never played with that software but just for fun try renaming the file with .exe at the end instead of .zip.

Then try running it.

Paladin, Thanks for your interest. A zipped file is a compressed file or multiple files. I cannot get to the actual files within the Zipped up files. No matter how I attempt to unzip I get the error. Maybe there is a certain unzip software that will work. Or if I had access to ones that were already unzipped by someone else your idea may work but so far I can't crack the nut to look inside at the files. Thanks Again. PPS

I just tried downloading the file from the Yuneec website, then right-clicked on the ZIP file and selected "Extract All" -- no problem. I'm on Windows 10 x64.

The file I downloaded is 112,247,783 bytes in size. I would try a different browser and/or disable your download manager if you have one.

I don't know it this will help, but I just 'Googled' "How do I unzip files in Windows 10" and got the following:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People also ask
How do you open a ZIP file on a Mac?
How do you unzip a file on a Mac?
How do I open a zip file on Windows?
How do you zip a file in Windows 10?
Zip (compress) files or folders in Windows 10. Open File Explorer. Select and right click file(s) or folder(s) that you want to zip. In context menu, select "Send to -> Compressed (zipped folder)".
How to zip and unzip files in Windows 10 - SimpleHow
www.simplehow.tips/a/56/how-to-zip-and-unzip-files-in-windows10
Search for: How do you zip a file in Windows 10?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps this will lead you in the right direction.

Mojoe35

Paladin, Thanks for your interest. A zipped file is a compressed file or multiple files. I cannot get to the actual files within the Zipped up files. No matter how I attempt to unzip I get the error. Maybe there is a certain unzip software that will work. Or if I had access to ones that were already unzipped by someone else your idea may work but so far I can't crack the nut to look inside at the files. Thanks Again. PPS

Thanks man but I know what a zip file is. I am a Systems Analyst. i:)i
I was just thinking at first that maybe they named the exe incorrectly. A lot of times you can rename .exe files to .zip and see what files are in the archive if the .exe is simply a self extracting zip file. I thought maybe you could do the reverse in this case, rename it to let it self extract.

But THoff just posted he tried it so the archive is fine.

So my suggestion is re download it again, maybe from another browser.

BTW Windows 10 has a built in zip viewer, all you have to do is double click the zip file and it will open it as if it was any folder. This of course unless you associated the .zip extension to a zip program. I recommend peazip if you want to do that. Winzip and winrar are also good.

Last edited:
Thanks man but I know what a zip file is. I am a Systems Analyst. i:)i
I was just thinking at first that maybe they named the exe incorrectly. A lot of times you can rename .exe files to .zip and see what files are in the archive if the .exe is simply a self extracting zip file. I thought maybe you could do the reverse in this case, rename it to let it self extract.

But THoff just posted he tried it so the archive is fine.

So my suggestion is re download it again, maybe from another browser.

BTW Windows 10 has a built in zip viewer, all you have to do is double click the zip file and it will open it as if it was any folder. This of course unless you associated the .zip extension to a zip program. I recommend peazip if you want to do that. Winzip and winrar are also good.

Appreciate the expert help. Because I sure can use it! I downloaded both from a Chome browser on two different machines and both errored when using the Win10 built in zipviewer. I will try another browser first and see what that download does. I will also turn off my anti virus ESET during the down load and install. Thanks for the suggested unzippers. I am not up on those like you would be. Thanks Again and will let you know later today after giving it a try. PPS

Downloaded Firefox browser and then downloaded the Sim app off the Yuneec site. After the download firefox attempts to open it. I get the same error as before. Not a big deal still have the real thing but I would like to play with all of my new toys.

Cannot open file 'UAV-Pilot_2_00_0_ setup (1) Zip' it does not appear to be a valid archive

Go into the folder where your browser is saving the downloads and delete any previous downloads. The fact that there is a (1) being appended to the base name means you have at least one other (possibly bad) download lying around.

After you download the file again, right-click on it in Windows Explorer, and select "Open with" from the context menu, then select "Windows Explorer". If you get a folder view for the contents of the ZIP file, copy the EXE that is inside to another location such as the desktop, and run it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis