Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about getting some Yuneec Skyview Goggles and I believe I am in right in thinking that I only need a spotter next to me in order for myself to fly whilst using them ?

Anyone have any thought about the Skyview goggles generally? I have read some of the views on this site and they seem to get a good review.

Cheers.

Mike

Hi,

I am thinking about getting some Yuneec Skyview Goggles and I believe I am in right in thinking that I only need a spotter next to me in order for myself to fly whilst using them ?

Anyone have any thought about the Skyview goggles generally? I have read some of the views on this site and they seem to get a good review.

Cheers.

Mike
I have the Skyview goggles but have only had time to use them twice so far. Here in UK, you are right, the only extra requirement is that you have a responsible person with you to act as spotter looking at the area you can't see in the goggles and making sure no obstacles are on your blind side.

No set-up problems - just plug them in! I have found that an extra bit of foam on the nose bridge makes for more comfort and helps you to see the bottom of the display.

If you get a long hdmi lead you can also allow other people to enjoy FPV!

In summary, not perfect but good and the price is right.

I have the Skyview goggles but have only had time to use them twice so far. Here in UK, you are right, the only extra requirement is that you have a responsible person with you to act as spotter looking at the area you can't see in the goggles and making sure no obstacles are on your blind side.

No set-up problems - just plug them in! I have found that an extra bit of foam on the nose bridge makes for more comfort and helps you to see the bottom of the display.

If you get a long hdmi lead you can also allow other people to enjoy FPV!

In summary, not perfect but good and the price is right.

How much did you pay and where did you get them from ?

My H came with the goggles as part of the purchase package. Still getting used to the aircraft so I haven't tried to use the Skyview goggles yet but anxious to check them out. Glad to know that there is no complicated set-up required.

My H came with the goggles as part of the purchase package. Still getting used to the aircraft so I haven't tried to use the Skyview goggles yet but anxious to check them out. Glad to know that there is no complicated set-up required.

They are very straightforward. I added some padding so they sit better on my head with my glasses on. For sure you need a spotter to keep both you and your drone safe. I think there best use is for your camera operator for close shooting. I don’t think they are meant for hi speed FPV stuff. There is latency which takes getting used to if you’ve used real time FPV with Fat Shark and similar gear. You need to be very comfortable with the ST 16 switches and be ready to take off the headset quickly in case of problems. You will need to be sitting down also. It’s also best to take off and do your hover test and flight control response tests with the headset off first. Finally, be sure the HDMI cable is fully seated in the headset as it does not press in tight. When it goes black from the cable popping out you’ll be glad you’ve got a spotter.

Reactions: NWSaint
They are very straightforward. I added some padding so they sit better on my head with my glasses on. For sure you need a spotter to keep both you and your drone safe. I think there best use is for your camera operator for close shooting. I don’t think they are meant for hi speed FPV stuff. There is latency which takes getting used to if you’ve used real time FPV with Fat Shark and similar gear. You need to be very comfortable with the ST 16 switches and be ready to take off the headset quickly in case of problems. You will need to be sitting down also. It’s also best to take off and do your hover test and flight control response tests with the headset off first. Finally, be sure the HDMI cable is fully seated in the headset as it does not press in tight. When it goes black from the cable popping out you’ll be glad you’ve got a spotter.

Excellent advice CraigCam. I believe everyone new to the H and the Skyview product will benefit from the information you provided here. Love this forum!!

I have the Skyview goggles and feel they work well. Just plug and play. I also agree with CraigCam's advice.

Be aware that the goggles have no diopter adjustment. If you have perfect vision without glasses you should be fine. If you wear glasses, especially bifocal or progressive, you may not be able to focus on the screen. I tried two different pairs and even tried adding reading glasses over my regular glasses, and they would not work for me.

Be aware that the goggles have no diopter adjustment. If you have perfect vision without glasses you should be fine. If you wear glasses, especially bifocal or progressive, you may not be able to focus on the screen. I tried two different pairs and even tried adding reading glasses over my regular glasses, and they would not work for me.

That’s why I built the padding up. They tilt more off my forehead and line up better with my progressive lens glasses. Little fuzzy at the top but getting better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval