Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

Just a quick question before my goggles arrive,when you plug them in do they replicate the screen or do they take over the screen on the st-16? So does the screen stay on or go off when the goggles are plugged in.

I bought the googles and like them so far. Only issue is that the flight telemetry is at the left edge of the screen. I wish there was a way to place the ST16 in FPV mode to rearrange critical flight information. I have to strain my eyes to see the left most edge of the screen to read altitude, battery etc.
just double tap the ST16 screen and lose the telemetry

Bought a set today from staufenbiel £207 including shipping to the uk from Germany cannot wait to try them out,hopefully be here middle of next week!

haha so did I lol.....great price as everywhere else was asking way more for them

haha so did I lol.....great price as everywhere else was asking way more for them

Ha ha well what are the chances of that! We will both have to report back here with our thoughts once we have got them,hopefully be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just a quick question before my goggles arrive,when you plug them in do they replicate the screen or do they take over the screen on the st-16? So does the screen stay on or go off when the goggles are plugged in.
The goggles mirror the screen, which stays on.

I'm going to look into whether the Gear VR will work with my H in a similar way. It's selling for $80 right now so it would be huge if it worked. The $250 price tag of the SkyView just doesn't seem worth it to me.
hi Cristian, Which Gear VR do you recommend for Typhoon H, Im searching too..Plz Let me know bro

I so much want some goggles that will flip up out of the way for take off, flying to video site and landing! Flip them down during filming to see you subject, flip them up for flying. Has anybody seen anything like this?

Just tried on my skyview for the first time today in my house just to see the quality of video and fit. The only issue I have, which was also mentioned by Thoff, is that I cannot view the very bottom of the screen. The distance display and below is cutoff when wearing the goggle normally. I have to pull them away from my face and slide them almost to the tip of my nose to get the full view of the screen. It's like the screen is positioned too low inside the goggles. There seems to be a lot more space on the top of the display than the bottom. I just talk to Mitch at Yuneec C/S he said they haven't had any report of this issue before. He's going to talk to his support manager to see if there is anything I can do or adjust before sending them in. He will call me back later today.

Have you tried shifting the screen back or up a 1/4 inch?

Have you tried shifting the screen back or up a 1/4 inch?
I talked to Yuneec C/S and they said that there is no adjustment for the screen. They told me to send them in for replacement. They emailed me an RMA and prepaid UPS shipping label :D. I know not everyone has but I have had nothing but great customer service from Yuneec.

Mine arrive tomorra...
Let me know if you have full view of the very bottom of the screen when you have them comfortably on your face. My distance telemetry on the left, camera task button on the right and the the 4 buttons at the bottom, Pad, system setting, channel setting and model select were completely out of view.

I also can't see the bottom line of information on my SkyViews. It isn't a big deal as it's not critical data for me. If I do ever need to see it, I just press down fairly hard and temporarily adjust them. Other than that they are trouble free.

I also can't see the bottom line of information on my SkyViews. It isn't a big deal as it's not critical data for me. If I do ever need to see it, I just press down fairly hard and temporarily adjust them. Other than that they are trouble free.
I understand. Everyone is different. I would like to be able to see the distance information. That's critical data for me. I'd like to know how far it is. Besides that, I don't think for $250.00 I shouldn't have to take my hand off the ST16 while flying to press down fairly hard and temporarily adjust them every time I want to see the data.

Reactions: abinder
Mine arrived. Didn't actually fly with them but I can see the bottom and sides ok.
I would say the shape of your face would make a difference with being able to see all of the display. They will need a cushion on the nose thingy.
They are a little blurred with reading glasses. Maybe I can get a pair that focus closer that will be better.

Yes my buddy tried them over the weekend and he could see the bottom no problem. It's definitely face shape that is causing the issue. I don't know if there is anything we can do about it.

Probably so but I explained the issue to Yuneec C/S and they said to sent them in and they will check them out. I sent them in a couple of days ago. I'll see when they come back if anything changed.

I use 1.5 reading glasses.
Wonder if a stronger pair would clear up he screen?
Might try them in Boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11