Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

I'm going to look into whether the Gear VR will work with my H in a similar way. It's selling for $80 right now so it would be huge if it worked. The $250 price tag of the SkyView just doesn't seem worth it to me.
I'm curious about this as well. I've seen a bundle package for the H that comes with the Gear VR but can't find any information about how it works. They do make HDMI to mini USB adapters, the Gear VR does have a mini USB in on it, but not sure how it would work. I'm gonna do some testing tonight.

That's confusing info Yuneec told you, my understanding was all future ST16 would come with the extra antenna presumably to improve with loss of data connection.
I did question them about that and was told, can not send the new one as it would not work. But one thing they did ask me was if
I got the wizard with my H and I said I did. Maybe it has something to do with that. I wouldn't think so
because you can add a wizard to any of them. Who knows..

I did question them about that and was told, can not send the new one as it would not work. But one thing they did ask me was if
I got the wizard with my H and I said I did. Maybe it has something to do with that. I wouldn't think so
because you can add a wizard to any of them. Who knows..
I'm curious, do you recall if your previous ST 16 had black toggle switches or silver? What color are the toggle switches on your replacement ST16?

I like the look of the black ones, so I bought my own.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

is there a difference? now I'm Curious as mine are silver and I wish they where black
I had one of the first Typhoon's off the line and the ST16 had black toggle switches. That ST16 had the micro USB issue (i.e., one would not stay in the slot). I received a replacement and it has silver toggle switches. Was informed by a few forum members that the silver switch ST16 had several internal problems corrected from the initial models.

I got a bunch of flights in with the Skyviews yesterday. I am still very happy with them, in fact I can't imagine not flying with them now. Absolutely no glare on the screen, a much, much more detailed view of everything, they are light, I barely notice they are on and simple to use. Just plug and play. First the first time I can remember in a long time, I was actually so satisfied from flying that I left the field late in the day with a charged battery. Very unusual for me. I feel like I am framing my photos and videos better as well. The only change is that it is one more thing to carry around, although it fits perfectly in my Husky crate I bought from Home Depot. Just taking them off and on when needed between flights mainly works fine for me. Can't seem to get them propped up on my forehead as mentioned earlier. Also watched some tv and videos on Youtube with them yesterday. Very cool experience. I'm picking up a lightning to HDMI adapter today so I can use them with my iPad and iPhone.

What I want is a pair of "normal" glasses with a HUD/see-thru and adjustable opacity. Then I think we'd have something.
Well yeah. Those of us who need glasses would love something like that. I have a heck of a time right now using my prescription sun glasses to watch my TH and then looking down to the ST16 screen and trying refocus my eyes. I'm dying to give these Skyview goggles a try but I'm not sure how to integrate it in with my vision "issues." Would love love LOVE some sort of HUD/prescription glasses solution!!

Last edited:
There is a video on YouTube of a camera lens chngeout called camera hack...or something like that by fpvguy. He shows a viewfinder that mounts to one side of glasses with hdmi input. Looks pretty cool.

Bill W.

Well yeah. Those of us with need glasses would love something like that. I have a heck of a time right now using my prescription sun glasses to watch my TH and then looking down to the ST16 screen and trying refocus my eyes. I'm dying to give these Skyview goggles a try but I'm not sure how to integrate it in with my vision "issues." Would love love LOVE some sort of HUD/prescription glasses solution!!
I wear Trifocals and I have no trouble using the goggles , I don't know about the prescription sunglasses , but I do have to put my head in first
then pull the strap up over my head to get them on. trying to take them off by slipping them up from the front first will take your glasses off with
them, You will get the hang of it real fast.

I wear Trifocals and I have no trouble using the goggles , I don't know about the prescription sunglasses , but I do have to put my head in first
then pull the strap up over my head to get them on. trying to take them off by slipping them up from the front first will take your glasses off with
them, You will get the hang of it real fast.
Well when I say "prescription sunglasses" I'm just referring to the glasses I need to see well at distance while in the bright sun. They are actually what's called progressive lens glasses, which helps me with my up close reading issues as well. The reality is I just hate using them because I constantly have to move my head around ever so slightly to get a focus at a given range. Quite maddening really.

When using these goggles you of course can't see the Tx controller sitting in your hand, so what do you do when you have to make adjustments while flying which requires looking at the Tx and interacting with it? Do you pull the hood off and then put it back on while in flight? Dose wearing glasses hinder this process?

Well when I say "prescription sunglasses" I'm just referring to the glasses I need to see well at distance while in the bright sun. They are actually what's called progressive lens glasses, which helps me with my up close reading issues as well. The reality is I just hate using them because I constantly have to move my head around ever so slightly to get a focus at a given range. Quite maddening really.

When using these goggles you of course can't see the Tx controller sitting in your hand, so what do you do when you have to make adjustments while flying which requires looking at the Tx and interacting with it? Do you pull the hood off and then put it back on while in flight? Dose wearing glasses hinder this process?
I opted out of the progressive lens glasses, just could not get use to moving my head, pointing my nose at what I wanted
to look at. So I have the lines on mine but I can just move my eyes from side to side and see the screen just fine.
Like you say, I can see the controller settings in the goggles but not your hand. So to be able to make an adjustment you need to lift them up some
It's is a hassle in some ways. You still can double tap the screen and make the settings go away though.

Reactions: JohnL
Well yeah. Those of us who need glasses would love something like that. I have a heck of a time right now using my prescription sun glasses to watch my TH and then looking down to the ST16 screen and trying refocus my eyes. I'm dying to give these Skyview goggles a try but I'm not sure how to integrate it in with my vision "issues." Would love love LOVE some sort of HUD/prescription glasses solution!!

I ordered a pair just for flying. Gradient tint starting at 50% at the top down to clear at the bottom for some sun protection while looking at drone and clear to see the controller. And added a strong ADD progressive correction at the bottom for holding the st16 close. They work pretty good.

Just remembered something else I noticed, I start recording and after about 1min 30 seconds it stops recording Did this two
times in a row, without goggles goes back to normal recording, You tell me...

Do you still have this same problem with your new controller?

I am very nearsighted and was delighted to find out I could use the goggles and NOT need to wear my glasses. It may be different if farsighted. As far as controls I do have to lift the goggles up occasionally to make adjustments. Some things I dont have to. Especially the buttons, my hands are just trained whete to go without looking.

I bought the googles and like them so far. Only issue is that the flight telemetry is at the left edge of the screen. I wish there was a way to place the ST16 in FPV mode to rearrange critical flight information. I have to strain my eyes to see the left most edge of the screen to read altitude, battery etc.

Bought a set today from staufenbiel £207 including shipping to the uk from Germany cannot wait to try them out,hopefully be here middle of next week!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval