Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

Use code
CG8N-D4UA-5YM7
At horizon hobbies and get it for $224.99

I currently own Fat Shark Attitude V2 goggles. Is there any way of setting those up to work with the Typhoon H? I read that it can't be done due to the Typhoon H not transmitting at a constant 5.8GHz, but fluctuates between 5.2 & 5.8. Is this true? I would be using the goggles along with an IBCrazy 5.8GHz Crosshair Antenna.

The frequency used by Yuneec products is not compatible with anything else. You won't be able to make the Fat Shark work.

Acesdeals.biz has these in stock now and ship right away, $249. Amazon is $50 higher and take a week.

Amazon is more expensive, but I ordered on Thursday and had them Friday (yesterday).

Here is a quick write-up of my impressions after first use:

To start, the goggles are surprising light for their size, and the plastic is very rigid and of good quality. No creaking or bending/twisting. The velcro straps worked well for me and required minimal adjustments, though it remains to be seen how they hold up over time. The velcro patches are large, so hopefully they will outlive the goggles. My biggest complaint is that I haven't been able to position the goggles so that I can see the full screen -- the bottom 5 to 10% are cut off, and I'm unable to bring the screen down further because the goggles are already sitting on the bridge of my nose.

Also, I was surprised to see the complete ST16 screen mirrored on the SkyView goggles. I don't know why, but I was under the impression that the HDMI output was just the video without the telemetry. I actually much prefer this arrangement because it lets you see the altitude, speed, direction home, recording status etc.

My whole reason for getting these goggles was to eliminate glare and make flying in bright lighting more practical and enjoyable. In this respect, the goggles succeed brilliantly. The picture is very good with enough resolution to display a clear picture and reproduce the ST16 interface, though you won't have trouble seeing individual pixels. I did a test flight around 2PM in bright overhead sunlight which made viewing the ST16's screen or looking up at the bird a pain (literally), but using the SkyView goggles was pleasant.

When I first unpacked the goggles I thought that the included HDMI cable was a bit on the short side, but in practice that isn't the case because of the proximity of the ST16 to the goggles.

One thing that is awkward is keeping the goggles ready when you're not actually using them, such as during takeoff and landing where you probably want to view the bird with your own eyes rather than looking at what the camera is recording. I have been tilting the goggles back on my head so that they sit on my upper forehead, but that isn't the most secure arrangement and must look even goofier than wearing them.

Thanks for the write up.
Still deciding if I get these or not.
Trying to work out this fov of 75°. Do you not see everything on the screen?
If you double tap the ST16 it will remove the on screen info.

I can see the entire screen except for a small section at the bottom. My cheeks somehow get in the way. Pulling the goggles slightly away from my face and down lets me see the whole screen. I wish the goggles had adjustments to move the LCD up/down/left/right within the case.

I knew about the double-tap, but was under the impression that the HDMI out didn't include the telemetry. Frankly, I don't want to get rid of it, I never turn it off.

I ordered a set from CD and they are awaiting a shipment. I have a set of headplay goggles but have not tired to connect them yet......... I thought I would get what was suppose to be especially for the controller. Darn now I will have to take a look this weekend and see if they are compatible.

Cheers

Batfire

Headplays work great with the ST16.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

OH NO>......... I just bought the Yuneec's for 259.00 ahhhhhhhhhhh. Nah no problem I would like the extra headset and unlike the Headplays I dont have to walk around with a converted set of ski goggles on my head. lol These I bought because it looks like with a little mod you will have a nice light tight set of goggles.

Cheers

Batfire

My Headplay and H combo works great. I can see everything on the screen clearly. Question, is the latency on the Yuneec goggles any better then the headplay goggles or any other compatible goggles?
I think the latency isn't from the goggles. Even the ST screen has lag so I'm thinking it's the video link. My P3 pro with hdmi board has lag too but it's less than the H.

I've used the HP goggles with race drone and a indoor mini quad and there's zero lag with the onboard receiver in the goggles.

He keeps saying HDMI input, should be output

Im not sure these offer more than the HD Headplay feature-wise other than the form factor being a little neater with the battery being internal. I can see these being used by the camera operator in team scenarios but not as much use to the pilot since the camera is likely not facing the direction of travel.

Correct, HDMI output. I fly with mine but only with the gimbal locked forward. My plan is for others to view or as you said for a camera operator. Waiting for used ST16 to start popping up, or a ST12 if they are ever released[emoji6]

I fly with the SkyView goggles in FPV mode. Even though the THP is in LOS and visible to me, and the goggles replicate what is shown on the ST16, it is more natural and less distracting to use the goggles. The only time I strongly prefer viewing the THP directly is during takeoff and landing.

Reactions: Brent
So what would be the reason that you could use Headplay goggles with the TH and not FatShark's?

None as long as your fatsharks have HDMI in they will work.

Okay, so the headplay only work through hdmi and not wireless? The skyview connects wirelessly, correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430