Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Support

Reaction score
So my flying career with a Parrot, it suddenly quit mid air and was dead, thinking that their support would get it fixed. After 8 weeks of them wanting more and more information about the damage i gave up. Someone told me about the mantis q, how good it was. On the first flight it went haywire and crashed. damaged the camera at the same time the on switch on the hand control became depressed, how i have no idea. Yuneec had a great return form to send it back. never heard anything from them, and the product status page said received. Never updated. auto talk to a support agent you either have online chat, they are never available or arrange a phone conversation at a certain time. The rep was rude when i talked to them on the status. Any how i found the repair place phone number and called them they replied that we have sent you you an repair bill. I never saw it. But they were quick at resending it. But somehow Yuneec said not warranty, bs. Poor design of parts is what caused the damage. So i am in conversation with KAV and getting the warranty thing to cover it. One thing i noticed on the bill if you do not pay within 24 hours it’s now ours.

I love flying drones, but the industry does not have great support for its customers being rude is not on. I wish i knew the Big Bosses email love to give him an earfull

actually have over 500 hours of flying. But when a drone just gives up and falls to the ground hardly my fault. The Mantis Q was much easier to calibrate but was stable the not again hardly my problem.

If you give support a hard time, don't expect them being sympithetic. The ball is in their court, they are the boss as long as they have your equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: biltno
What poor parts design caused the problem?
I just find in general how these things are put together the parrot, well the crossbar and how it was attached just awefull. The mantis Q positioning of the camera makes it prone to damage even with normal landing. I am an engineer, designed stuff not fail.

If you give support a hard time, don't expect them being sympithetic. The ball is in their court, they are the boss as long as they have your equipment.
No that’s so wrong what happened to the customer is always right, and no i was not rude.

Can you download the telemetry files here to see what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
One significant point has not been brought up, in regard to Yuneec CS telephone support... 18 months ago the staffing for Yuneec CS telephone support that covers North America, was cut from 6 people to just 2. There will be an inevitable negative effect from that, from both the perspective of the customer calling in and the CS technician handling the issue... with ultimately no fault of either.

The Mantis Q does have telemetry information stored and it can be accessed on phone or tablet in the Yuneec app. It's in a Flylog folder. The file name will start with "sensor". If you can find it you could upload it here as a zip file.

It would have been more helpful if you had made your post prior to sending it in. At this point we have no information that could be helpful. If Yuneec determined it was pilot error they should have indicated what the error was.

But when a drone just gives up and falls to the ground hardly my fault. The Mantis Q was much easier to calibrate but was stable the not again hardly my problem.
That isn't necessarily true. I see many posts here of copters falling out of the air which are the result of pilot error.

Moderator note: I have cleaned up this thread. It was getting difficult to follow. Please stay focused on the issue at hand.

Reactions: LinsonW
Well finally got the result. Yuneec agreed with the warranty, KAV fixed it and i am flying again. Really have to say KAV are really good.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes maiden flight was real fun, can’t find how to adjust the speed of rotation or tilt in the ap. The Parrot had that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval