Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H Dashware telemetry test using ST16 data

"wrong # of columns on Flightlog in Line 2" --> this is a problem in the telemetry data of the ST16. They forgot to add a line feed at the header line. So the first line contains the header and data of the first data point. This disturbs the column counter of some programs that using flight log data.
I draw away this first data set and use the rest - good enough for dashware or GPX or KML. Try this:
Download MS Windows: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
Description: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE

Greetings. First post, but have been lurking for months.

Here's my first stab at trying Dashware using the telemetry data from the SD card on the ST16 controller. Since the Typhoon H is so new, I'm still using the Q500 V2 import setting in Dashware. There is a field mismatch and some data is incorrect. This accounts for the blank spaces where data usually is displayed on this set of gauges. The flight lasted 19 minutes, but I only used the first 10 for this video.

If you skip to around 7:16, you'll see the dreaded panning problems I've seen some others complain about.

I didn't use ST2Dash to fix the data for Dashware.

Here's a link to the instructions I used to create the overlay:
Telemetry: ST2Dash - Loading Q500 flight Log Data to be used in Dashware
After a long time I managed to work it out. Even then it is not correctly synchronised. Might be useful in a video if you want to give a scientific slant to a scene. Otherwise I do not think I will bother in the future.

Greetings. First post, but have been lurking for months.

Here's my first stab at trying Dashware using the telemetry data from the SD card on the ST16 controller. Since the Typhoon H is so new, I'm still using the Q500 V2 import setting in Dashware. There is a field mismatch and some data is incorrect. This accounts for the blank spaces where data usually is displayed on this set of gauges. The flight lasted 19 minutes, but I only used the first 10 for this video.

If you skip to around 7:16, you'll see the dreaded panning problems I've seen some others complain about.

I didn't use ST2Dash to fix the data for Dashware.

Here's a link to the instructions I used to create the overlay:
Telemetry: ST2Dash - Loading Q500 flight Log Data to be used in Dashware

Reactions: h-elsner and MarkC
Wow, old thread. Some of the information is a little out of date since the firmware has been updated, but if you follow the steps, you can get some quite nice results. UAV Toolbox also supports export to Dashware, and includes a Dashware profile to load the telemetry from your flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt