Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H Dashware telemetry test using ST16 data

Ted

Reaction score
Greetings. First post, but have been lurking for months.

Here's my first stab at trying Dashware using the telemetry data from the SD card on the ST16 controller. Since the Typhoon H is so new, I'm still using the Q500 V2 import setting in Dashware. There is a field mismatch and some data is incorrect. This accounts for the blank spaces where data usually is displayed on this set of gauges. The flight lasted 19 minutes, but I only used the first 10 for this video.

If you skip to around 7:16, you'll see the dreaded panning problems I've seen some others complain about.

I didn't use ST2Dash to fix the data for Dashware.

Here's a link to the instructions I used to create the overlay:
Telemetry: ST2Dash - Loading Q500 flight Log Data to be used in Dashware

Here's my first stab at trying Dashware using the telemetry data from the SD card on the ST16 controller. Since the Typhoon H is so new, I'm still using the Q500 V2 import setting in Dashware. There is a field mismatch and some data is incorrect. This accounts for the blank spaces where data usually is displayed on this set of gauges. The flight lasted 19 minutes, but I only used the first 10 for this video.

If you skip to around 7:16, you'll see the dreaded panning problems I've seen some others complain about.

Hi Ted! Great video!! What dashware is that? Where can I fint it? Best from Sweden

Greetings from South Carolina, USA. Sorry about that. The correct address is:

dashware.net

Cheers,
Ted

Maybe for effect only it would be nice to use the Dashware overlay. It would seem that you have to have an SD card in the ST16 to retrieve the telemetry data . Correct?

Yes, the ST16 should come with a 16 GB SD card pre-installed.

Ted, nice video. I am curious what SD card you used. Was it the one that came with it? I am wondering if that stutter is because of slower SD cards.
I don't think the one that ships with it is all that great.

Also I thought when the H lost connection it was to auto RTH. Weird it just hovered there. Or would it just hover until the battery warning then RTH?

I am new so am asking.

Thanks Paladin. Yes, it was the one included in the ST16. The card on the H needs to be fast since you're writing 4K video to it. The card on the ST16 I don't believe has to be that fast since only data. My ST16 does not record the video stream in a low res file like my ST10+ did.

I also assumed it would return home. I was a little nervous and perhaps I jumped the gun to go after it in my truck. I'd never lost both signals before in my other birds, only video. I would always return when the video went out.

I have been into this for a year and I can tell you everyone is new when it comes to a just released aircraft.

I plan on doing the test again, maybe even later today to see the results. I may station my wife where it stopped last time and have her be my spotter.

Regarding your latest video where you lost connection, I am glad that it did hover I guess, better than just trying to land right away or worse. I still thought that it was supposed to go into RTH mode if it lost connection with the transmitter. Someone who knows will chime in I am sure.

I assume since the above video was posted a few days earlier that you had no connection issues that day?

I just wish we could raise the RTH height, 30' is way too low. It should go to 150' IMHO at least then return above you then come down.

They may add that in the future hopefully.

Last edited:
How do you make a file to use with dashware? I have the telemetry file and the vid. It keeps saying I must map a data column......ugh

Last edited:
How do you make a file to use with dashware? I have the telemetry file and the vid. It keeps saying I must map a data column......ugh

If you follow the link in the first post of this thread, there is a step by step how-to. There, there is a link to an Excel file from which you can run a macro that will add the columns you need to your telemetry file.

It seems easy but I keep getting the same error........error locating required columns......

I had the same problem. You MUST open the column add on file first in Excel, then open the telemetry data file. If you open the data file first, you always have that column problem.

Give that a try.

I tried everything also; no results. The ST2Dash keeps giving me "wrong # of columns on Flightlog in Line 2".

Using the macro conversion method, Dashware gives me the error "<Required> \Date Running TIme, Seconds" data type when I try to import the modified csv file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval