Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H Drone Can Avoid Obstacles in Real Time

clackey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"This is a serious contender to DJI’s Prosumer lineup. The Yuneec Typhoon H comes equipped with a 360-degree gimbal camera that can take 4K videos and 12-megapixel stills, and its rotor arms are made of lightweight carbon fiber. DJI now sells the Zenmuse, which can be attached to the Inspire, shoots micro 4/3 and RAW footage, and allows for more fine-grained tuning of color and focus while in the air. The Typhoon H, like the Inspire 1, has retractable landing gear and a camera which can pan a full 360 degrees."

DJI Competitor: Yuneec Typhoon H Drone Can Avoid Obstacles in Real Time | cinema5D

Major advancement for Yuneec and with the anticipated add ons it should put a serious dent in DJI's market share. I was all set to buy a Phantom 3 pro but now for a bit more I'm in a whole new league. In my opinion anyone who does a bit of research will move in the Yuneec direction.

Reactions: clackey
The price is pretty amazing for this, especially if you watch the Intel video where the drone avoids all those obstacles and desert cacti. I do realize the Intel sensor is extra, but it just shows you what a 60 million dollar investment can do!

Looks like I'll be selling my brand new Q500 4K when this comes out.

This is a pretty impressive aircraft! It is an Inspire killer in my opinion. :)

Reactions: Jeffrey Solorio
I think the modular idea is great. It's not easy to come up with $3-4k, but $1,800 is doable, and then adding $200 - 300 dollar modules over time can happen. You also can add what you think you need, when you need it. Great machine and smart marketing/development strategy.

Just thinking... Is the Yuneec H sold as a kit or just the Aircraft? I haven't been able to get info or specs, would anybody knows details? Also can anybody tell me are Yuneecs made in US?

As much as i might want the new H ( AND MAN DO I ) , I just got my Q ...gotta keep it for a year before i upgrade ( says wifey ) or i will just keep selling and buying as new stuff come out , which will be detrimental to my marrage and my wallet !! :eek:

Reactions: Daniel O and Russ
QUOTE="Clement Oliver, post: 2255, member: 490"]Just thinking... Is the Yuneec H sold as a kit or just the Aircraft? I haven't been able to get info or specs, would anybody knows details? Also can anybody tell me are Yuneecs made in US?[/QUOTE]
I was watching the video of the CEO of Yuneec, the video was filmed in the show in Vegas a few weeks ago. in the video the ceo had mentioned ready to fly.

As much as i might want the new H ( AND MAN DO I ) , I just got my Q ...gotta keep it for a year before i upgrade ( says wifey ) or i will just keep selling and buying as new stuff come out , which will be detrimental to my marrage and my wallet !! :eek:

I feel your pain!

Uuuups! I think I'm in trouble... Just bought one and my other half doesn't know yet!

Uuuups! I think I'm in trouble... Just bought one and my other half doesn't know yet!
Well they say it's easier to get forgiveness than acceptance. But you're screwed. At least you'll have something to do when she kicks you out. ;)

This is a pretty impressive aircraft! It is an Inspire killer in my opinion. :)
Wow, Inspirire Killer? I'll need to see pilot experiences and the ability to actually achieve the manufactures claims before I'm ready to bury the inspire platform..the PR hype does have me drooling I must admit

This will be next year's purchase or maybe early fall. I wonder if the Intel real sense technology can be adapted to the 4k?

sense and avoid question for those with Yuneec ties - if for example you were hovering stationary, and a bird flew in front of the sensors (unlikely I know) would it result in the aircraft lurching backwards to keep its 5m distance ?? or does it just work in forward mode when it stops ? Just curious to how it works, just to stop the aircraft or actually steer it away from obstacles ??

pre ordered mine today so I am a deposits worth of an owner lol :D

Reactions: clive long

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval