Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buggy Update

Hello,

I should have made it more clear, the invoice lists the new board as being worth $249 but the invoice total was zero, so no they did not bill me for anything. I was just commenting no the same thing you have brought up, why would anyone pay $249 (plus $80 labor that was also on the invoice but not charged) when you could get a new one for $367. If the wind doesn't blow too hard today I will test the Breeze and post results.

Old Man Photographer
Interesting, I just got an email invoice and the same A9 - $249 board was replaced as well. Someone had referred to it as the WiFi board. Makes sense because I could not bind. Total cost was $462, no charge to me, under warranty. Must be a good write off exercise for Yuneec.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Good Amazon Review. It's the second one showing up today - when I checked anyway.
I "liked" it. I was going to write one, but you stated the case very well!

Thanks! I think the Breeze is a good drone, but it's not everything to everyone. Besides the firmware issue, most of the complaints seem to be that it doesn't do what a Phantom does. If folks want a Phantom or Mavic, that's what they should buy. If someone wants a good, solid, and simple to fly drone that has a decent camera and doesn't break the bank, the Breeze is something that might interest them.

Last edited:
Interesting, I just got an email invoice and the same A9 - $249 board was replaced as well. Someone had referred to it as the WiFi board. Makes sense because I could not bind. Total cost was $462, no charge to me, under warranty. Must be a good write off exercise for Yuneec.

That Circuit Board probably cost them like $15 and another $10 to ship it to the US.

Let us know if this fixed your issue. Didn't work out well for Old Man Photographer unfortunately.

I'm curious what firmware is installed on the fixed drone. Maybe they have a version at the factory we don't know about... yet? Let us know please!

Sounds like you had a fun day. It's an awesome Camera Drone! The Video Stabilization at 1080p almost makes a Gimbal unnecessary. I did a comparison of 4k without EIS and 1080p with EIS on. It's pretty amazing! (Breezy Day)

Nice!

From Yuneec Tech Support - A Reset Feature. See my reply below.

I apologize for the late reply, we have been having some systematic errors here on our end. I have read your email and was going to let you know that you can try doing the reset on the Breeze unit if you'd like. What you would have to do is, where the the micro usb port is on the Breeze there is a little hole beside it. What you want to do is get a safety pin/ paper clip and press the button within the hole, then turn on the Breeze. You then want to remove the pin, let go off the power button and power cycle the Breeze. There may be an issue where there will be no flashing light on the Breeze after this but a power cycle should resolve that issue. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us so that we further assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Thank you

My Reply:

I give it a try.
Will that just reset the drone?
Is there a reset that rolls it back to the original factory firmware version?
MANY users are having WiFi issues since the new firmware upgrade.
Check Amazon Reviews or YuneecPilots.com and you’ll see a lot of folks having issues.

http://yuneecpilots.com/threads/buggy-update.5753/
Those that don’t have WiFi issues, didn’t upgrade the firmware it seems?
FYI a lot of us are experienced Quad Pilots. I also fly LSA.

From Yuneec Tech Support - A Reset Feature. See my reply below.

I apologize for the late reply, we have been having some systematic errors here on our end. I have read your email and was going to let you know that you can try doing the reset on the Breeze unit if you'd like. What you would have to do is, where the the micro usb port is on the Breeze there is a little hole beside it. What you want to do is get a safety pin/ paper clip and press the button within the hole, then turn on the Breeze. You then want to remove the pin, let go off the power button and power cycle the Breeze. There may be an issue where there will be no flashing light on the Breeze after this but a power cycle should resolve that issue. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us so that we further assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Thank you

My Reply:

I give it a try.
Will that just reset the drone?
Is there a reset that rolls it back to the original factory firmware version?
MANY users are having WiFi issues since the new firmware upgrade.
Check Amazon Reviews or YuneecPilots.com and you’ll see a lot of folks having issues.

http://yuneecpilots.com/threads/buggy-update.5753/
Those that don’t have WiFi issues, didn’t upgrade the firmware it seems?
FYI a lot of us are experienced Quad Pilots. I also fly LSA.

Hello FLYLSA,
By any chance do you have any weather apps on your phone, like Intellicast or Accuweather, or any apps that send you uncelisited updates or information?

Old Man Photographer (or to make it shorter "Ron" )

Hello FLYLSA,
By any chance do you have any weather apps on your phone, like Intellicast or Accuweather, or any apps that send you uncelisited updates or information?

Old Man Photographer (or to make it shorter "Ron" )

I use Weather Live and a few other news apps I have on my iPhone do have notifications turned on. I didn't notice any correlation between the Wi-Fi dropping and that but it could be possible? Did you notice something I missed?

I use Weather Live and a few other news apps I have on my iPhone do have notifications turned on. I didn't notice any correlation between the Wi-Fi dropping and that but it could be possible? Did you notice something I missed?
Hello FLYLSA,
I made the following changes on my Android 6.0.1 Moto G4. I turned off notifications of public wifi, told it to use only 5GHZ wifi, turned off data, turned off bluetooth, and then toggled back and forth between airplane mode and normal wife several times (this toggling is a suggested fix for Android 6.0.1 dropping wifi) finally turning aiplane mode off. Now after all that I am looking at my phone and I see the current temperature turn up, it seems that Intellicast is a bully and will try to reinstated the home wifi connection because weather bullitins can be very important. In any case I uninstalled Intellicast and took the Breeze out and flew it until I got a low battery signal and landed, not even so much as a hiccup. Now this is only one flight and I will be making another this afternoon and will let you know what happens but it looks like to me there are apps out there that might be able to try and reinstated a wifi connection to get an allert through.

Ron

Cool - Let us know after you test!

Here's from the other Thread in the Help Section FYI:

Connection, Wi-Fi issues. (NBC Breeze Post)

I believe Yuneec has found a 'work around' for the problem of Wi-Fi connection. I am using the IPhone 6+, running IOS 10.2, the problems I had involved intermittent Wi-Fi, and on the app, "greyed out" top command bar, and no camera video.
By going into "airplane mode", then turning on Wi-Fi (and maybe Bluetooth, don't recall). all functions and Wi-Fi connection worked,
and when finished, turn off airplane mode. it seem to work every time.

I also put my phone (iPhone 7) into airplane mode when flying because someone made the remark that you don't want your phone ringing when you are attempting a delicate maneuver. When I flew Monday, I used my iPad Pro 9.7 cellular. I don't think I put it into airplane mode prior to flying, but I might have.

Last edited:
I also put my phone (iPhone 7) into airplane mode when flying because someone made the remark that you don't want your phone ringing when you are attempting a delicate maneuver. When I flew Monday, I used my iPad Pro 9.7 cellular. I don't think I put it into airplane mode prior to flying, but I might have.

I've had the issue with my iPad Mini which is Wi-Fi only. No cell.
Seems like a strange fix, but I've seen stranger things in the computer world!
Just to confirm:
1. Turn on Airplane Mode
2. Turn on Wi-Fi
3. Connect Breeze
4. Optional Step if this works w/o FPV Controller: Turn on BT and Connect FPV Controller
5. Fly FLAWLESSLY until battery is drained - I HOPE!!!!!

Hello FLYLSA,
I made my second flight without any problems at all, did you stop any of your apps that had notifications? For Android the fix is to toggle airplane mode on and off. One thing that is different now is that after I shut the Breeze down after flying it and I look at the wifi connection on my phone for my home router instead of it being reconnected it is listed as saved, before I did all my mods like uninstalling Intellicast it would always show that it was reconnected after a flight. Whatever I just hope it keeps on flying well like it used too.
Ron

Hello FLYLSA,
I made my second flight without any problems at all, did you stop any of your apps that had notifications? For Android the fix is to toggle airplane mode on and off. One thing that is different now is that after I shut the Breeze down after flying it and I look at the wifi connection on my phone for my home router instead of it being reconnected it is listed as saved, before I did all my mods like uninstalling Intellicast it would always show that it was reconnected after a flight. Whatever I just hope it keeps on flying well like it used too.
Ron

No, I did not stop Notifications. It could be our phones "like" our home network/routers better than the Breeze? I know I had an issue once with my Phone automatically connecting to a public Xfinity Hotspot nearby while I was sitting here trying to figure out why the internet was so slow! I fixed that problem real fast. Where I fly, I just might be just on the edge of my router. Hmmmmm?

You now have me thinking about this from a different perspective. If my Breeze, which was supposed to be here today ever gets here, I'll do some testing along those lines. As they say: "Even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut!" :)

Thanks for the Post!

Yes!! That is a great thing to know!

Thanks for starting that New Thread. That's a good "undocumented" piece of information to know. I was thinking about starting a new thread, but you did it first and just fine!

Thanks for starting that New Thread. That's a good "undocumented" piece of information to know. I was thinking about starting a new thread, but you did it first and just fine!
I actually tried searching the net for that exact thing, and I found nothing. Now that it's a whole new thread title, I'm sure others will be able to locate it. It was all your doing.

No, I did not stop Notifications. It could be our phones "like" our home network/routers better than the Breeze? I know I had an issue once with my Phone automatically connecting to a public Xfinity Hotspot nearby while I was sitting here trying to figure out why the internet was so slow! I fixed that problem real fast. Where I fly, I just might be just on the edge of my router. Hmmmmm?

You now have me thinking about this from a different perspective. If my Breeze, which was supposed to be here today ever gets here, I'll do some testing along those lines. As they say: "Even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut!" :)

Thanks for the Post!
Now I know why my breeze always flies without any of the problems mentioned here. I never had airplane mode turned on and not signed on to any automatic notifications either. come to think of it, I have never received an incoming call while flying the Breeze. glad you posted Yuneec response, now we all know how to do a reset on the Breeze!

Hi Everyone
I have been following this discussion with interest.
I think you should have a look at this webpage and what it says about airplane mode http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/three-uses-for-airplane-mode-that-dont-involve-flying-1584166499
As I see it when flying a breeze one needs WiFi..Bluetooth..and location turned on......if using controller. .if you turn airplane mode on and you then turn wi fi back on....are you back to square one..... .my way around it is.. I was able to use a redundant mobile and not to put the sim card in it and up to now every thing seems ok.., fingers crossed......As anyone took the time to make a list on what mobiles or tablets work with the Breeze...that would be interesting and usefull to every one...

I flew my non-updated Breeze today with great distance and control. The only problem that I experienced was occasional glitching or freezing of the video feed. I'm guessing that this is normal.

Took my Breeze up today and ran through both batteries. I used my iPad Pro 9.7 Cellular as the controller, and did not place it in airplane mode. It flew flawlessly. Took it up 150 feet and 200 feet out. Other than a few glitches in the video feed, it was nice. I still haven't upgraded firmware and not going to either. I firmly believe that the firmware upgrade is the culprit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy