Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.4.1 Firmware Now LIve!!!

so basically with the speed adjustment we can now fly at max speed of little over 30 mph in angle mode. If you just confirmed accent and decent speed changes in angle mode then the last speed adjustment also valid. New question now what the new ratio effect when moving the speed sides from slow to rabbit.

Last edited:
I've updated everything without a problem. The first time :)

Since some of you are getting into trouble, I'll tell you how I've done it, just in case.

ST16S and H520 battery at 50% minimum. With the H520 turned off I updated the transmitter. It asks for a restart at a given time.

Once the ST16S is fully updated is when I turn on and plug in the H520 and give it an upgrade. Nothing special but in that order.

Calibrate all sensors before flying, very important.

I hope it'll help you. :D

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
EDIT: Kev was quicker concerning the upgrade and didnt see his answer, :p

nevermind I leave it:

just to add that the E90 passed to 1.0.34 (few hours ago maybe)

i made the upgrade when it came out
and few hours ago I just controlled something in the FW of the E90
and then they proposed me to make the upgrade from 1.0.33 to 1.0.34 (so ...)

tomorrow I will try all those features (rainy season finish yesterday: 6 weeks of rain, it was pain in the a*s) :D
I cannot wait to try the "joystick mode 3": more natural for me

and cannot wait to see as @Kev Waite said if it is smoother than before

Yuneec H520 Software Releases for Yuneec Partners

Finaly 1.4.1 Firmware for the H520 is live

H520 1.4.1
E90 1.0.33
E90 Gimbal 1.39.6
ET camera 0.2.3
Gimble 1.39.6
E50 camera 1.1.01
Gimble 1.39.6
Datapilot 1.4.0

Details of 1.4.1 update
News - Yuneec

Attachments

• IMG_4945.jpg
    IMG_4945.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
Very disappointing.
Installed the 1.0.34 e90 update tonight. The only thing it added was the ability to change colour mode in both photo and video settings. Fine that was needed.

BUT

They broke the image distortion fix, so even though the switch is turned on, the images saved on the sd card DO NOT have the distortion fixed. It looks fixed on the st16 screen until you take a photo, then it shows on the screen unfixed.

I can't believe Yuneec beta testers missed that this was now broken! Oh sorry we are the beta testers!!!

I tried rolling back the firmware and redoing it, but it remains the same. So I'm now back on 1.0.33.

Reactions: arruntus and Peggy
New Flight Controller Firmware released v1.4.2

Apparently fixes YAW rate on Turtle / Hare slider not working in v1.4.1

Well, when new firmware was updating tx on the st16s. My st16s froze. After over 10mins still nothing and controller would not turn off. Eventually removed battery, then the st16 would not boot anymore. bricked!!!
After a lot of headache and trying everything, I discovered if you booted the controller while constantly tapping the centre soft button on the st16s, it did actually boot up and then allowed me to run the update again, which this time took just seconds to complete. The air in my house was blue for about 1hr while this was going on!!!

Kev, I'm having the same problem that you had. What centre soft botton you are talking about?

Well, when new firmware was updating tx on the st16s. My st16s froze. After over 10mins still nothing and controller would not turn off. Eventually removed battery, then the st16 would not boot anymore. bricked!!!
After a lot of headache and trying everything, I discovered if you booted the controller while constantly tapping the centre soft button on the st16s, it did actually boot up and then allowed me to run the update again, which this time took just seconds to complete. The air in my house was blue for about 1hr while this was going on!!!

Kev, I'm having the same problem that you had. What center soft key on the ST16s you are talking about?

Kev, I'm having the same problem that you had. What center soft key on the ST16s you are talking about?
Along the bottom of the st16 screen are a row of 5 soft buttons. The one in the centre looks like an upside down "U" with horizontal lines going across it. Tap this button quickly and turn on the st16 while continuously tapping the button until the st16 completely boots up.

Ok, this is not funny. Updated everything through UpdatePilot soft and everything looked good. Now when I bind it there is a message "Old remote control version Please update" My e90 is working and showing video but I have lost gimbal control completelly.

Update: Now I am thinking it needs DataPilot to be updated through Play Store. There is update available for it. Why it does not update it through their update utility I have no idea.

ok, it worked. After I updated DataPilot through Play store and run UpdatePilot again it started downloading huge 300-400 mb files, updated ST16 firmware with restarting St16 and doing green droid thing on black screen updating android tablet firmware.

After it finished it asked to power cycle St16 manually. After it's done I started DataPilot after it. It again said the same error but it did not show it in DataPilot as before. The gimbal started working though. I shut down DataPilot again and started it and this time it went without any error and my gimbal pan and tilt are working.

I think everybody who uses UpdatePliot soft needs to click update in Google Play for DataPilot before running UpdatePilot. Otherwise it may try to update with wrong versions.

BTW, anyone knows what's wrong with their registration? I decided to register my h520 through UpdatePilot. After filling the form it said it's registered. However everytime I run UpdatePilot it offers me to register it again.

I've been flying with version 1.4.1, I like that I can determine the speeds. Following Kev's advice I have set all the speeds to full speed and then with the slicer I have controlled the amount at every moment. It's true that
I've failed a few times that I didn't pay attention, it seems that 1.4.2 fixes that problem.

I have detected, in a specific flight, in the rest not, that the gimbal did not balance the carama well, as a result I have photos that are inclined about 40 degrees both right and left. I could see it clearly on the ST16S screen and the H520 is not swimming. It's only happened to me once. I don't remember what speed it was, maybe it's also corrected in 1.4.2.

In principle, apart from that problem, the rest seems to work well.

Wingman,

When I decided to upgrade to 1.4.1, I followed the advice of arruntus and updated the St16s first (with the H520 off). Once that finished, I powered up the H520 and let it update. All went well, including the manual reboot.

When 1.4.2 came out a day later, I did the same thing and all went well.

Curious: What version of Update Pilot were you on? I am running .30 which was manually installed from a direct download from the Yuneec (USA) site. Been working great ever since.

Jeff

Unpleasant news with 1.4.1. I lost about 50 images even though they appear as thumbnails on the ST16S but no trace of them on the SD card.

Some of you have already reported something like this. I found that I was going to copy the data from the SD card to the computer and I didn't see many images in the SD card folder. I check the thumbnails that appear on the ST16S and indeed, the thumbnails exist but not the images on the SD card :mad:

I hope this is another of the things that have been corrected with the update 1.4.2 :rolleyes:

Unpleasant news with 1.4.1. I lost about 50 images even though they appear as thumbnails on the ST16S but no trace of them on the SD card.

Some of you have already reported something like this. I found that I was going to copy the data from the SD card to the computer and I didn't see many images in the SD card folder. I check the thumbnails that appear on the ST16S and indeed, the thumbnails exist but not the images on the SD card :mad:

I hope this is another of the things that have been corrected with the update 1.4.2 :rolleyes:
1.4.2 Is only a flight controller update. The E90 1.0.34 update, the camera distortion fix is broken. On 1.4.1 I didn'd take many photos on my tests, but they were all on the SD card, so I have not had that issue.

1.4.2 Is only a flight controller update. The E90 1.0.34 update, the camera distortion fix is broken. On 1.4.1 I didn'd take many photos on my tests, but they were all on the SD card, so I have not had that issue.

It's becoming a habit with each update, we fixed something and we're going to break something that worked relatively well. No comment on that................... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did all the tests in 1.4.1, I was out when the 1.4.2 update came out. About losing photos, not finding them in the SD, I think they've already mentioned it here. In other versions, it had never happened to me before, or I hadn't noticed. This time I detected it quickly because in that flight almost everything was photos of a spectacular area and a disaster to lose such good photos, apart from losing all the photos I took to compose a parorama, I did it with the thumbnail photos of the ST16S. Low quality, it doesn't even reach the maximum of Facebook, but better than nothing it already is.

The fact that the gimbal didn't balance out, despite the fact that the drone was stopped may be the yaw problem you mentioned and it may be solved in 1.4.2 but I haven't tried it, anyway, it only happened in 1 of the 5 flights, precisely in the same flight where I lost the images. The serious thing is that the location is 600km from the office. So the loss becomes even worse :mad:

No one has yet told me what my salary is for being a betatester. Does anyone know? o_O

Reactions: adbgtc
It's becoming a habit with each update, we fixed something and we're going to break something that worked relatively well. No comment on that................... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did all the tests in 1.4.1, I was out when the 1.4.2 update came out. About losing photos, not finding them in the SD, I think they've already mentioned it here. In other versions, it had never happened to me before, or I hadn't noticed. This time I detected it quickly because in that flight almost everything was photos of a spectacular area and a disaster to lose such good photos, apart from losing all the photos I took to compose a parorama, I did it with the thumbnail photos of the ST16S. Low quality, it doesn't even reach the maximum of Facebook, but better than nothing it already is.

The fact that the gimbal didn't balance out, despite the fact that the drone was stopped may be the yaw problem you mentioned and it may be solved in 1.4.2 but I haven't tried it, anyway, it only happened in 1 of the 5 flights, precisely in the same flight where I lost the images. The serious thing is that the location is 600km from the office. So the loss becomes even worse :mad:

No one has yet told me what my salary is for being a betatester. Does anyone know? o_O

What actually gets me is what the **** are the actual employed beta testers actually testing, as it sure as **** ain’t what we all use.
Things are for sure being missed all the time.
More to the point it doesn’t look like we are ever going to get back the easy way to set angle and yaw in a survey mission that we saw in the very first 1.1.19, why actually remove that.
Just for information I still use 1.1.19 on the pc when planning a mission for this very purpose

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1