Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.4.1 Firmware Now LIve!!!

What actually gets me is what the **** are the actual employed beta testers actually testing, as it sure as **** ain’t what we all use.
Things are for sure being missed all the time.
More to the point it doesn’t look like we are ever going to get back the easy way to set angle and yaw in a survey mission that we saw in the very first 1.1.19, why actually remove that.
Just for information I still use 1.1.19 on the pc when planning a mission for this very purpose

In this forum at least 2 official betatesters participate, I don't know if they really test the version that is about to be released or if they are coming to test new features or corrections all the time. Or both, I don't know, but come on, maybe it needs to be more betatester, or better the testing system or something else so it doesn't happen again :rolleyes:

By the way, not only on one flight was the gimbal badly oriented, on two it went from five :(

ratio of slow speed is 10 percent to the max speed set on the st16s for horizontal flying.
4 flights mix bag. looks like one of my st16s controllers is need of repair. the issue is at the antenna port. I am going to need new pig tails. on the 2.4ghz ports. issues at 200ft to 400 feet AGL of losing controller link and failsafe actually activates lowers the craft then switches back to angle mode. second controller no issues at all at 399 feet AGL at 1950 feet from controller. well this firmware with default setting makes slow speed at 2 mph max about same as OBS on the controller activated. Rabbit is about 24 to 26 mph. However set the speed to 10 mph max your slow speed reduced to 1 mph. I may miss flying at 45 degree horizontal where I used to get 4 to 5 mph speed gain over just flying front back right or left. At least the speeds are now constant at any horizontal direction.
Oh on the E90 gimbal hate to say but 1.4.2 did not fix it. I have to now calibrate the gimbal at each new launch site when I have do the 2 main calibrations. Some times I can cheat by power cycling the h520 and the e90 gimbal is level.

Last edited:
ratio of slow speed is 10 percent to the max speed set on the st16s for horizontal flying.
4 flights mix bag. looks like one of my st16s controllers is need of repair. the issue is at the antenna port. I am going to need new pig tails. on the 2.4ghz ports. issues at 200ft to 400 feet AGL of losing controller link and failsafe actually activates lowers the craft then switches back to angle mode. second controller no issues at all at 399 feet AGL at 1950 feet from controller. well this firmware with default setting makes slow speed at 2 mph max about same as OBS on the controller activated. Rabbit is about 24 to 26 mph. However set the speed to 10 mph max your slow speed reduced to 1 mph. I may miss flying at 45 degree horizontal where I used to get 4 to 5 mph speed gain over just flying front back right or left. At least the speeds are now constant at any horizontal direction.
Oh on the E90 gimbal hate to say but 1.4.2 did not fix it. I have to now calibrate the gimbal at each new launch site when I have do the 2 main calibrations. Some times I can cheat by power cycling the h520 and the e90 gimbal is level.

The problem of the gimbal has been a problem for a long time now, in other versions. Despite turning on the H520 on a horizon surface, it did not balance well, it became horizontal. The solution seems to be still to check it before you start flying and it is wrong to restart the aircraft. I think it's an unfinished business.

Regarding the speed, following Kev's instructions I put them at full speed. Horizontally 14 m/s which would be 50km/h or 31mph, a little faster than what you said @terrence davidson (at least theoretically), then in practice I haven't exactly noticed if it takes that speed, I discard it because the propellers come out in the picture many times, but to move to a new location to start a new shot I see it useful. I'm talking about 1.4.1, in 1.4.2 the speed parameters have also changed? I haven't been able to test it yet.

The problem in the pig tail of the antenna could also be the problem that many colleagues with low video signal reception range have, if it does not make good contact...........

Unpleasant news with 1.4.1. I lost about 50 images even though they appear as thumbnails on the ST16S but no trace of them on the SD card.

Some of you have already reported something like this. I found that I was going to copy the data from the SD card to the computer and I didn't see many images in the SD card folder. I check the thumbnails that appear on the ST16S and indeed, the thumbnails exist but not the images on the SD card :mad:

I hope this is another of the things that have been corrected with the update 1.4.2 :rolleyes:

I've just had the exact same thing. Did a mapping mission. 200+ photos gone and none of them saved on St16 (missions don't seem to save images to the controller, only manually taken photos). Also I had to change battery part way through and the mission would not resume, I only had the option to start at the beginning again.
Not happy with this.

Reactions: arruntus
Also I had to change battery part way through and the mission would not resume, I only had the option to start at the beginning again​

I've been wondering about this myself. I've attempted a few missions that required more than one battery and I've never observed the auto return and resume as described. At what voltage does the h520 come home for a battery swap? I always give up and bring it back on my own once the battery gets in the 10-15% range. Then after I swap batteries, my only option is to start the mission at the beginning.

(once I did get the "resume mission" dialog box, but the h520 had actually completed the entire mission on a single battery!)

Also I had to change battery part way through and the mission would not resume, I only had the option to start at the beginning again​

I've been wondering about this myself. I've attempted a few missions that required more than one battery and I've never observed the auto return and resume as described. At what voltage does the h520 come home for a battery swap? I always give up and bring it back on my own once the battery gets in the 10-15% range. Then after I swap batteries, my only option is to start the mission at the beginning.

(once I did get the "resume mission" dialog box, but the h520 had actually completed the entire mission on a single battery!)

When I did the flight I remember thinking the same. I actually let it get to 4% before I gave up and put it in rtl. What really pisses me off is I tested it the weekend before the flight and it was fine, recording all images to the card. Take it out on an actual job and it fucks up. This is no good to me. I need a machine that I can take with me and know that i'll be coming home with a good dataset, not an empty sd card. Oh, and the sd card was inserted properly as it had recorded the images I took manually, just not the images taken in survey mode.
And we all know how quickly Yuneec will roll out a fix for this . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

When I did the flight I remember thinking the same. I actually let it get to 4% before I gave up and put it in rtl. What really pisses me off is I tested it the weekend before the flight and it was fine, recording all images to the card. Take it out on an actual job and it fucks up. This is no good to me. I need a machine that I can take with me and know that i'll be coming home with a good dataset, not an empty sd card. Oh, and the sd card was inserted properly as it had recorded the images I took manually, just not the images taken in survey mode.
And we all know how quickly Yuneec will roll out a fix for this . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Just curious,

What did Yuneec say when you called them or reported this issue via chat?

Jeff

With what version? Because I have mysteriously had problems disappearing files with 1.4.1, 1.4.2 I haven't tried it yet.

version 1.4.4 apk
What news ...
- Fix issue with DroneLogbook integration
- Other minor fixes- Yes but which ones ??? Not very explicit
Update
July 23, 2018

version 1.4.4 apk
What news ...
- Fix issue with DroneLogbook integration
- Other minor fixes- Yes but which ones ??? Not very explicit
Update
July 23, 2018

It’s fixed the distortion button for 1.4.2 as well

Reactions: Graham
Hello,
Do you have any other news like corrections?
Does anyone have the Apk available, it is not found on Yuneec's site.
I would like to have it but without installing it immediately.
Thank you.

it's good..., I just found it on DataPilot for Android - APK Download

Last edited:
Well, when new firmware was updating tx on the st16s. My st16s froze. After over 10mins still nothing and controller would not turn off. Eventually removed battery, then the st16 would not boot anymore. bricked!!!
After a lot of headache and trying everything, I discovered if you booted the controller while constantly tapping the centre soft button on the st16s, it did actually boot up and then allowed me to run the update again, which this time took just seconds to complete. The air in my house was blue for about 1hr while this was going on!!!

Thanks for the tip as I had this too. First time I've had problems updating a Yuneec copter.
When doing the gimbal calibration, the blue progress bar froze about 2mm from the end and the 'Start Calibration' box remained greyed out. However, the gimbal seemed to respond correctly to yaw and tilt inputs. I put the gimbal firmware update on a card and updated the gimbal again. This time the gimbal calibration performed normally. After a couple of flights, everything seems to be working correctly.

Reactions: Kev Waite
There may be new versions of the H520 manual and maintenance schedule on download. Yuneec UK has manual 1.1.9 and Yuneec.com has 1.3.1(a). My copy of the manual from 2017 was 1.1.8 and I already have a copy of 1.3.1(a) from an April download.
The UK site has maintenance guide 9.14.18 and .com has 9.14.17.
I don't know what changes have been made. Take your pick!;)

Well, when new firmware was updating tx on the st16s. My st16s froze. After over 10mins still nothing and controller would not turn off. Eventually removed battery, then the st16 would not boot anymore. bricked!!!
After a lot of headache and trying everything, I discovered if you booted the controller while constantly tapping the centre soft button on the st16s, it did actually boot up and then allowed me to run the update again, which this time took just seconds to complete. The air in my house was blue for about 1hr while this was going on!!!

Thanks a lot for this hint! I had the same problem. Now solved. That does not look very professionell from Yuneec ...

Updated yesterday from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4. Is it only me or have they reduced the maximum horizontal speed quite a lot no matter in which mode you're flying? Horizontal movement instead has been increased drastically. Descending has so far been painfully slow, a lot slower than ascending. Now, parameters set to maximum H520 descends like like a rock, until at 10 meters above starting altitude it slows itself.

Updated yesterday from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4. Is it only me or have they reduced the maximum horizontal speed quite a lot no matter in which mode you're flying? Horizontal movement instead has been increased drastically. Descending has so far been painfully slow, a lot slower than ascending. Now, parameters set to maximum H520 descends like like a rock, until at 10 meters above starting altitude it slows itself.

In the last few days I've done 10 flights with 1.4.4 and I haven't noticed any difference in speeds from 1.4.1. Have you set the speeds back to their maximum values? I have everything to the max and then I control the speed with the slider.

I haven't tried the manual, I do everything at Eagle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33