Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

No problem, it's easy (if it works well, but it's not in our hands).

First, update UpdatePilot like any other application on an Android device. Probably, just by running it you will be asked to update the application itself.

You must have the H520 and ST16S charged, at least 50% for the update to run smoothly.

I usually update the ST16S first, with the H520 turned off, when everything is correct, I turn on the H520 and execute again the UpdatePilot, the H520 will be updated.

It takes a while, but theoretically it should be a very simple process, you'll tell us how it is.

First, update UpdatePilot like any other application on an Android device. Probably, just by running it you will be asked to update the application itself.

You must have the H520 and ST16S charged, at least 50% for the update to run smoothly.

I usually update the ST16S first, with the H520 turned off, when everything is correct, I turn on the H520 and execute again the UpdatePilot, the H520 will be updated.

It takes a while, but theoretically it should be a very simple process, you'll tell us how it is.

Been following this, but wasn't there an issue with the E90 not updating and DataPilot error due to software signature conflict?

Been following this, but wasn't there an issue with the E90 not updating and DataPilot error due to software signature conflict?

They updated the UpdatePilot. It didn't happen to everyone. That's why they ran a lot and updated it before the update comes out officially. Updates usually gives problems even when it is officially released.

Many colleagues have already reported that they have updated without problems. Theoretically should no longer give that error. In spite of everything, I am an example of a user who has problems updating the E90 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let this not be an impediment for us to continue moving forward, if there is a problem, between all of us, we will solve it. ;)

This is on the agenda for tonight. Luckily I only have (one) camera CGOET so that reduces the items to be updated.

In spite of everything, I am an example of a user who has problems updating the E90 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hi
what problem you have with the update on E90?
which last fw version you have on the E90?
does the gimbal update success/fail or the camera or both?
is your camera blinking for ever violet and hangs on camera update?
txs

Everything updated except the E90, I had problems with the flight controller too but now it is correct.

When updating, violet, then suddenly it flashes red and so on. I think it doesn't end well. I had to put the previous version that at least allows me to establish the connection.

I have pending, if there is no better idea or method, return the entire system, ST16S and H520 to the previous version and try again.

There are two of us in the forum with the same problem, I don't know if the colleague will have solved it.

Reactions: ;-)
@arruntus
txs, now there are three people with the same problem.
a colleague from me has the same problem, can't update the e90 cam itself.
this started with the 1.0.44 and is again in 1.0.52.

do you have a log file from the updateprocess on sd card?
( can you post? )

strangely, none is created on my colleague sd card.
as if the camera / bootloader the file "firmware.bin" does not recognize or does not find.

Unfortunately I am currently only in contact with him via email just in time,
I do not know what exactly and what steps he makes;
In any case, it does not work manuel (ST16 off, only Kopter on and file on the SD card)

can you try to rename the "firmware.bin" to "camera.bin" and can you try one time the
manual update again? this is one step i will suggest him - not sure
can it be that there is different bootloader in the wild? ( different version of E90 cams? )

can someone tell, is the updateprocess only success if the preview version 1.0.44 is installed
or can it be updated from 1.0.39 too? is there a change in the bootloader perhabs?

txs

edit: for myself, i will update on weekend my H520/E90/ST earliest caused outside work,
hope the procedure runs without problems.

@arruntus
txs, now there are three people with the same problem.
a colleague from me has the same problem, can't update the e90 cam itself.
this started with the 1.0.44 and is again in 1.0.52.

do you have a log file from the updateprocess on sd card?
( can you post? )

strangely, none is created on my colleague sd card.
as if the camera / bootloader the file "firmware.bin" does not recognize or does not find.

Unfortunately I am currently only in contact with him via email just in time,
I do not know what exactly and what steps he makes;
In any case, it does not work manuel (ST16 off, only Kopter on and file on the SD card)

can you try to rename the "firmware.bin" to "camera.bin" and can you try one time the
manual update again? this is one step i will suggest him - not sure
can it be that there is different bootloader in the wild? ( different version of E90 cams? )

can someone tell, is the updateprocess only success if the preview version 1.0.44 is installed
or can it be updated from 1.0.39 too? is there a change in the bootloader perhabs?

txs

edit: for myself, i will update on weekend my H520/E90/ST earliest caused outside work,
hope the procedure runs without problems.

If tomorrow I can get a little time, I will try, I spent the whole Saturday of tests and I have things delayed.

No log of the update, I've never seen one in the SD.

The previous update, I did not install it because due to bad weather could not fly. Now, to be able to connect to the camera, I had to install the previous one but only the firmware of the E90.

The bootloader theme is interesting, my camera is one of the first batches.

I have tried it with the last one, with the previous one and with the previous one, which is the one I had initially installed when I started the process, but put to work, it is not difficult to do more tests.

Whatever it is, I'll comment on it.

Reactions: ;-)
I did the update tonight with an E90 without any problems. Everything went smooth. From my IT-background a tip for everyone : Don't be the first :)
Tomorrow I will update my CGOET, and I hope to be able to do a test-flight this weekend. Has anybody found a how-to upon ROI / POI and the other new features, like, sensibility & deadzone-settings of the handles ?

PS : I also got the message after the update, that all settings were reverted to default, and I also had to rebind with de E90 (entering password, having to reset it, etc).
Not very funny Yuneec !!! Need to set everything again.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
My update went fine first time, even when I forgot a SD card and had to put one in.
I did have to re-enter my settings though.

I haven't found a how-to for anything new.

I did the update tonight with an E90 without any problems. Everything went smooth. From my IT-background a tip for everyone : Don't be the first :)
Tomorrow I will update my CGOET, and I hope to be able to do a test-flight this weekend. Has anybody found a how-to upon ROI / POI and the other new features, like, sensibility & deadzone-settings of the handles ?

PS : I also got the message after the update, that all settings were reverted to default, and I also had to rebind with de E90 (entering password, having to reset it, etc).

I just finished the process (only have the CGOET) and it went exactly as @X-Fly stated above.

I had to look up my CGOET password but that was just a short delay at best.

I hope to get weather to fly by this weekend.

Thanks to EVERYONE here for your help and guidance.

Allen

How the ROI function works you have it in this thread and summarized in the first thread. You are distracted :eek: ;)

Regarding sensibility & deadzone-settings, where did you hear or read that? The only thing I've heard of is exponentials :oops:

Just did the update with no issues. The new DataPilot is now password protected and I had to reconnect it with my E90. Will have a test flight asap.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just did the update with no issues. The new DataPilot is now password protected and I had to reconnect it with my E90. Will have a test flight asap.
An help fm all of 520’s owners will be greatly appreciated.. 2days ago I updated my 520 with no issues.... this afternoon , i swiitched on the drone and the red light on my E90 camera still keep on remaining red instead becoming green... so the controller cannot bind to camera a consequently to the drone, impossible to move the gimbal and the camera ... i watched in the wi-fi station , but the code of the camera ain’t there anymore... please, supply me any advice to solve this pain in the ***......

@plissken don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong. No doubt it is a problem of the last update for the E90. I also think it may be specific to the European version. For now, all of us who are having the same problem, we are from Europe.

I'll tell you what a wasted afternoon I've been having.

As I said, I'm going to donwgrade everything, the ST16S and the H520 to the previous version. I have done it and without problem working. In the ST16S I have done a factory formatting again.

I run the updater and to the first has updated everything, both ST16S and H520 without problem. Everything in green and working.

At the third reboot of the H520, I was testing, the E90 LED is red and there is no way, not working again. I've put back the previous firmware and the first one working, I've updated again and nothing. Therefore, white and in bottle, milk. That firmware has something wrong. I will leave it in the previous version to be able to work and waiting for a firmware without failure.

The short time I have been able to work, I have seen a bug fix. Remember that many times when you press twice in a row the button to record video, something strange happened and was recording but did not indicate anything? Or there was a message, "it's recording". Well now I've tried that, every time you give him to record video for a second the image in black but it seems that it is no longer blocked.

@plissken don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong. No doubt it is a problem of the last update for the E90. I also think it may be specific to the European version. For now, all of us who are having the same problem, we are from Europe.

I'll tell you what a wasted afternoon I've been having.

As I said, I'm going to donwgrade everything, the ST16S and the H520 to the previous version. I have done it and without problem working. In the ST16S I have done a factory formatting again.

I run the updater and to the first has updated everything, both ST16S and H520 without problem. Everything in green and working.

At the third reboot of the H520, I was testing, the E90 LED is red and there is no way, not working again. I've put back the previous firmware and the first one working, I've updated again and nothing. Therefore, white and in bottle, milk. That firmware has something wrong. I will leave it in the previous version to be able to work and waiting for a firmware without failure.

The short time I have been able to work, I have seen a bug fix. Remember that many times when you press twice in a row the button to record video, something strange happened and was recording but did not indicate anything? Or there was a message, "it's recording". Well now I've tried that, every time you give him to record video for a second the image in black but it seems that it is no longer blocked.

It’s not a European thing Arruntus. There are a few Europeans on ‘A’ firmware and not ‘E’ having the same issue of the red light. So it’s not locked to E version I’m afraid.
This firmware feels rushed and not ready for release. It’s full of bugs and I am contemplating going back to previous firmware on everything.
This feels like the original release firmware of 1.19

I have updated with no problems. I did have to remove the older version of Data pilot before it would update though.
I haven’t found any bugs yet and my test flight was fine. Did everything as expected.
I did just turn it on and it asked me for the E90 password so I will have another test flight the weekend and see what happens.

Strange how some are having problems and some aren’t.

I’m on the E version in the U.K.

It’s not a European thing Arruntus. There are a few Europeans on ‘A’ firmware and not ‘E’ having the same issue of the red light. So it’s not locked to E version I’m afraid.
This firmware feels rushed and not ready for release. It’s full of bugs and I am contemplating going back to previous firmware on everything.
This feels like the original release firmware of 1.19

Confirmed then that it is not only the European version and that more people, apart from those of us in the forum have the same problem?

Unfortunately I don't have time for anything and it's been a while since I've been in facebook groups that are a great source of information.....

in my case the problem has appeared from the first moment, but when I have managed to make it work, after several ignitions of H520 has reproduced the error. Like a couple of colleagues at least.

An help fm all of 520’s owners will be greatly appreciated.. 2days ago I updated my 520 with no issues.... this afternoon , i swiitched on the drone and the red light on my E90 camera still keep on remaining red instead becoming green... so the controller cannot bind to camera a consequently to the drone, impossible to move the gimbal and the camera ... i watched in the wi-fi station , but the code of the camera ain’t there anymore... please, supply me any advice to solve this pain in the ***......

On DataPilot, top right for connections, can you select E90 and reenter the password? (1 through 0)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook