Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

Ok, its snowing like **** again so no outside testing at least today. My turn to tell how life has been since updating to 1.5.10. Couple days ago I managed to update everything, ST16, H520, E90 and CGOET. All went well (I suppose) and there were no indications of controversions between program signatures nor anything else.

I have made compass and accelometer calibration several times and yet the H520 feels sluggish to fly, something like you tried to steer a greased pregnant pig. Accelometer calibration has shown me several times the code from the program instead of those pictures it should. By the way, does anyone have even remotely acceptable explanation why the bird has to be so much slower in horizontal flight on angle mode compared to manual? (or is it just my case?)

Yesterday after a testfly which didn't give me any more confidence; even flying just in 100m radius from the controller it did lose connection with E90 three times with two separate flights. Not so convincing. After these rather disapointing tests I had the bird on inside and connested with the ST16 and all the sudden it gave this:

DP_error.jpg

This made me wonder how completely it is possible to clear H520 and the ST16 and re-install everything in prior to attempt make it work like it probably should. This is taking time and getting me nowhere at least not forward in completing projects planned. It may well be able to do those pre-programmed flights for mapping purposes but all freeflying roofline inspections and such are for sure cancelled until the H520 feels like I can handle it in tight places.

Reactions: ;-)
Within the settings ( cant remember exactly where, maybe general or safety settings) you can change the forward flight speed. Mine is currently set to 10m/s. This is not something I’ve noticed before.
Try increasing this to 13.5m/s which is the top speed in the specifications for Angle mode.
Manual mode has a max of 17m/s

Looking in the manual there is no mention of forward flight speed.

Last edited:
Within the settings ( cant remember exactly where, maybe general or safety settings) you can change the forward flight speed. Mine is currently set to 10m/s. This is not something I’ve noticed before.
Try increasing this to 13.5m/s which is the top speed in the specifications for Angle mode.
Manual mode has a max of 17m/s

Looking in the manual there is no mention of forward flight speed.

It seems we are operating with different birds and/or different controllers. The speed setting can be found under security settings and what comes to operating speeds there are three options: Max climbing and ascending which are limited to 7 and 6 meters per second. Maximum horizontal velocity is limited to 14 m/s. And these are all prior to manual flight mode. I believe this particular H520 does easily those ascending and descending speeds even within angle mode and also that 14 m/s in manual mode. However, in angle mode horizontal speed doesn't go pass ~8 m/s and that is painfully slow.

What is your speed sider set at. At lowest position were it used to be 10 mph it is dropped to 1 to 3 mph.Then at the highest position it becomes what max speed you set the controller at. That been that way since they allowed you to enter your max speed setting (atleast for me).

What is your speed sider set at. At lowest position were it used to be 10 mph it is dropped to 1 to 3 mph.Then at the highest position it becomes what max speed you set the controller at. That been that way since they allowed you to enter your max speed setting (atleast for me).

Slider is of course at the maximum when in need just to move from A to B. There might have been something wrong in the controller calibration. Did that three times to ensure it should work properly. Controls J 1-4 didn't show any movement on first try. On second and third time both showed numeral values as supposed and also passed test.

Now it only depends when I happen to have enough time and the weather clears out (crosses fingers).

Check that you have not activated the System to avoid obstacles (OBS). If it is activated, the horizontal speed in angle mode will not exceed 4m / s

I had some problems with the E90 update, but figured it our with the help of Yuneec Europe. The problem was that during camera update the camera started showing a solid red LED. There was no further contact or possibility to connect. I was updating OTA.

Solution (sorry if it was already mentioned here) was to reset the camera and reinstall the fw via sd card. To reset the camera you have to turn the copter with the camera on, then find the reset button. There are two tiny pinholes next to the sd card slot. There are hidden buttons in these holes. Be careful, you need to press and hold (for 10-20s) the one that's AWAY from the USB port. Do not mix them up. After resetting and rebooting the camera should be back online (green LED after about 1 minute). Now format your card and download the camera FW from Yuneec's website (camera, not gimbal or anything else). AFAIK depending on where you download it from the file might have different names. It should be named firmware.bin (rename it if it;s not). Put the file on the card, inser into camera, turn it on. Purple light should appear on the camera LED (that means update in progress). After that the camera should either reboot or turn itself off.

Turn the system of, then back on, go to update pilot and check if everything has the latest FW versions.

There were no problems with CGOET update.

BUT - how should the ROI work? I was able to get the copter to orbit - this function works fine. But ROI seems to be something different, but I was not able to make it work. In flight planning the ROI just creates a point that's not even a waypoint, it just does nothing in my experience.

That's not how I understand Region Of Interest. The way I was expecting it to work was that I'd mark a region (for example a contour of a big building) and the copter would fly around the borders of the region, pointing the camera towards it. You know, flying around stuff, just like in Point Of Interest, just with a Region instead of a Point ;).

However, @Bigboybuzz perhaps you are right. When I was doing a test flight it didn't occur to me it could work like that. I planned a flight with a couple of waypoints and a ROI at the end. Copter flew through the waypoints and stoppped at the last one, did not approach the ROI or anything... but then again I had both gimbal swithes in the UP position, so if there was some automated camera movement, the camera could not react to that due to the switches.

Did anyone check this?

That's not how I understand Region Of Interest. The way I was expecting it to work was that I'd mark a region (for example a contour of a big building) and the copter would fly around the borders of the region, pointing the camera towards it. You know, flying around stuff, just like in Point Of Interest, just with a Region instead of a Point ;).

However, @Bigboybuzz perhaps you are right. When I was doing a test flight it didn't occur to me it could work like that. I planned a flight with a couple of waypoints and a ROI at the end. Copter flew through the waypoints and stoppped at the last one, did not approach the ROI or anything... but then again I had both gimbal swithes in the UP position, so if there was some automated camera movement, the camera could not react to that due to the switches.

Did anyone check this?

Same. I dont understand ROI. ‍♂️

Havent updated yet but installed the latest desktop build of DataPilot. I'm in need of the terrain following function but I dont see any mention of it. I know its early days but has anyone tried to use this yet?

Region of interest/point of interest is described in the very first post of this thread.

Rather than reposting, may I suggest going back to the beginning?

Hoping all the issues posted so far are resolved soon.

Jeff
Yes it was but there seems to be some confusion over it.

I assume that POI and ROI are the same thing and not 2 different functions. I have emailed Yuneec UK to ask if there are any manuals for the new functions. If i get a response I will post on here in a new thread.

Reactions: Odemo and arruntus
Havent updated yet but installed the latest desktop build of DataPilot. I'm in need of the terrain following function but I dont see any mention of it. I know its early days but has anyone tried to use this yet?

Living in Norfolk UK which is completely FLAT :p I haven't been able to try this. I assume it is an automatic function once a grid is uploaded to the drone to fly. Thinking about it Im sure i saw something in the survey grid menus about terrain following. I will have a look tonight.

Terrain follow is in the ST16S update and not in the PC version. So too are concave polygons, a transect flight angle slider and rotate entry point function. All very useful. :D
And ROI, but I'm not sure how to use that yet.
I haven't found how to change the yaw expo.
If there was one thing to change, that would be the translucent green of the transect area, I find it a bit difficult to make out what is on the ground behind the green. And why are we still spelling metres 'meters'? :eek:

Last edited:
An help fm all of 520’s owners will be greatly appreciated.. 2days ago I updated my 520 with no issues.... this afternoon , i swiitched on the drone and the red light on my E90 camera still keep on remaining red instead becoming green... so the controller cannot bind to camera a consequently to the drone, impossible to move the gimbal and the camera ... i watched in the wi-fi station , but the code of the camera ain’t there anymore... please, supply me any advice to solve this pain in the ***......

i had the same problem, got to a site for inspections yesterday.......camera wouldn't recognize any passwords at all, so i had to pack up and come home, spoke to Yuneec today about a reset, so hopefully i can do this later.
the bird worked perfectly the day before, even after numerous shutdowns and restarts.

On DataPilot, top right for connections, can you select E90 and reenter the password? (1 through 0)
i also tried the default password (as i have never changed this) and no luck, no connection at all.
the update worked perfectly BTW, no issues doing it all Over the air, worked fine for the two days before our site job.
a very curious situation.

Mine is now all sorted and connected, i did a default reset from underneath the camera. i didn't know how to do this yesterday so thanks to Yuneec UK for helping on this today.

Reactions: Bigboybuzz
The problem is the update of the camera, and are studying how to fix it, we just have to wait or return to the previous version to continue working or testing the new features.

POI and ROI are exactly the same. Don't confuse it with the circular flight function around the transmitter. This function is also announced in the description of the update.

Reset the E90 to install the new update I also tried. But the only thing that allows you is to install the latest firmware, all right up to here, but then the firmware fails again.

The speed of the drone, as commented by colleagues, the speeds that are set in the options is for the Angle mode (I seem to remember), in manual mode flies faster. The OBS reduces the speed to give it time to detect obstacles.

The new functions, as the companion says, either we wait for the manuals or we go discovering them among all :D (It's more fun :p)

Reactions: ;-)
Region of interest/point of interest is described in the very first post of this thread.

Rather than reposting, may I suggest going back to the beginning?

Hoping all the issues posted so far are resolved soon.

Jeff
I read that. It's not the same thing though (at least it shouldn't be). I mean, there is a significant difference between a point an a region. That's the whole... point ;)

Also it was simple to figure out how to use POI. Click on the map, select orbit and voila. But ROI seems to be something different, something to be included in planned flight. But how? The only option to set there is where do you want the ROI point to be (even though it should be a region you cannot input more than one point) and the altitude. These settings are different than the ones you set for POI, which is another difference proving that these are two different flight modes. it appears though that the ROI is not functional yet. That's how I see it for now.

When the copter was on the ground I planned a flight that only consisted of a ROI. Usually when I tried uploading a flight plan like that, an upload error happened. But once it succeeded, and the slider button appeared. I pressed the slider, the copter armed the motors.... and nothing happened, it didn't even take off.

Can someone confirm he made the copter fly in circles using the ROI function? Or just made the copter do anything using the ROI function? :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold