Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1 - 8 minute flight and 2 separate videos

Reaction score
I have 128g micro sd and I filmed for 8 minutes , when I went to review it was in 2 separate recordings on the chip. What is going on ? the sd card is brand new and it did the same thing on a 32g chip. Please help!

the camera system automatically splits the recording up into multiple files at a certain size, maybe around a gig, Im not exactly sure at what size it splits

5 minute limit. The creates new file.

It dumps to the SD card after 5 mins of shooting. The transition between clips is frame accurate and they go back together perfectly on post. I at first, I found it weird but now use it to my advantage and think on 5 min sequences and may wait on a camera change until I finish a clip. I have had weird moments where it made a ten minute clips but I've never figured out why. It helps a lot when you shoot in 4K.

The 5 minute files threw me when I first got my H having previously (and still do) flown with a Phantom 2V+ which, if left to it's own devices, record just 1 file for the duration of the flight.

As said above, the 5 minute files aren't a problem since they stitch back together perfectly in post without any dropped frames.

I actually think that 5 minute chunks are a positive thing about the H.

If you find anyone still awake or attentive after 4 minutes of video you will have found a rare one. Unless making a full on movie try keeping videos to 3 minutes or less. The 5 minute clips actually make scene selections a little easier since you don't have to wade through a longer clip to find them.

Reactions: Robert Brooks
If you find anyone still awake or attentive after 4 minutes of video you will have found a rare one. Unless making a full on movie try keeping videos to 3 minutes or less. The 5 minute clips actually make scene selections a little easier since you don't have to wade through a longer clip to find them.
exactly why I said 5 minute chunks are a positive thing. When doing an edit I rarely take anything more than a minutes worth from the chunk and, for my recreational videos, I rarely produce anything more than 4 minutes long.

That said, I did do an edit from a flight above a roman road yesterday which turned out to be 4 min 25 secs long including an indent and credits...one of my longer vids.

I have 128g micro sd and I filmed for 8 minutes , when I went to review it was in 2 separate recordings on the chip. What is going on ? the sd card is brand new and it did the same thing on a 32g chip. Please help!

Ok great Guys!! Thank you all for the info, I thought I was doing something wrong. Cuz I'm an x Phantom pilot !

I watch several TV shows that use the drone videos and very few of the clips are longer than 10 seconds.
I have to say the show "Gold Rush" is responsible for my drone interest.

Gold Rush has made extensive use of multirotors in their productions for quite some time. What's hilarious is the You Tube video showing what happened during the introduction of multirotors to the filming efforts.

Gold Rush has made extensive use of multirotors in their productions for quite some time. What's hilarious is the You Tube video showing what happened during the introduction of multirotors to the filming efforts.
Do you have a link?

Where are all you Typhoon H flyers at? I'm in China Grove,Tx
Me, I'm based between Rochdale and Oldham on the West side of the Pennines, NW England. When not doing commercial work I do most of my flying around the Saddleworth and Marsden Moors.

Where are all you Typhoon H flyers at? I'm in China Grove,Tx
I use to drive through China Grove when I worked in San Antonio. Right off of the side of Moursund drive.
Right now in Louisville, ky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval