Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5.8ghz to 2.4ghz conversion?

Reaction score
(I am aware this has probably been asked before, but I cannot find a definite answer.)

I have recently bought a Breeze4k and have been unable to use it with my mobile phone.
I know that this is because my phone uses 2.4 ghz but the Breeze4k uses 5.8ghz.

Is there any way that I can possibly change my breeze4k to 2.4 ghz?

Thanks for any help.

(I am aware this has probably been asked before, but I cannot find a definite answer.)

I have recently bought a Breeze4k and have been unable to use it with my mobile phone.
I know that this is because my phone uses 2.4 ghz but the Breeze4k uses 5.8ghz.

Is there any way that I can possibly change my breeze4k to 2.4 ghz?

Thanks for any help.
@DoomMeister may be your guy for this help. He has helped a lot of people with getting connected so far. Add more information though such as phone make and model, can't help without all the facts.

Hi GenericUser,
Yes there is one feasable approach if you like it utterly complicated:
  1. Have a Edimax AC600 Dual Band WiFi router (typecode: BR-6288ACL)
  2. Downgrade the firmware of your Breeze with the famous "firmware.bin"
  3. Persuade the Breeze-App to load on a smartphone that is singele band (2.4 GHz) - might ne tricky
  4. Start Breeze
  5. Start Edimax router and have it connect in WISP mode
  6. Connect your smartphone to the Edimax
  7. Enjoy
  8. (optional) Move to Europe where the Edimax router is available and functional.
Tongue in cheek - not everything that is theoretically doable is also practical.

What about buying a dualband (5.8 GHz capable) smartphone second hand?

Greetings
airborne

Thanks @airborne, I was hoping you would comment on this. I agree that a second hand phone would be the easier and more reliable route.
I tried getting my reconfigured router to allow me access on 2.4 GHz. I could get the video feed, but could not get flight control.

Reactions: airborne
I tried getting my reconfigured router to allow me access on 2.4 GHz. I could get the video feed, but could not get flight control.
Now this setup sounds interesting. Video feed yes, flight control no - hmmm, scratch head. Just a wild guess: Probably the breez app on your smartphone detected in some way that your phone was NOT connected to the breeze AP. I think one has to fool the app and make it look like it is linked to an AP. That is exactly what the edimax router in WISP mode does. So it would be highly interesting to know how your router is (re)configured.

The only way I could get it to work was as a bridged repeater and only in 5.8Ghz. It is an older TrendNet router with DD-WRT firmware. When it was configured as just a repeater all I would get is the Live View video feed in BreezeCam. I couldn’t even get Breeze firmware version. It was puzzling to me also.

If I can ever get my hands on the ComFast CF-WR371AC I’ll use it to provide a better connection. Can’t seem to find it in the US.

If I can ever get my hands on the ComFast CF-WR371AC I’ll use it to provide a better connection. Can’t seem to find it in the US.
An alternative source might be chines traders like banggood, alibaba etc. They sometimes have routers/repeaters with the necessary capabilities e.g. 5.8 GHz at surprisingly low prices but only for very short periods of time

And as per today's experience a ZyXel repeater WRE 6606 will do the trick. Set it to repeater mode, let it findd the Breeze's WiFI and set the WiFi PSK for 2.4 GHz to your liking. Video feed and controlling the Breeze can now be done on 2.4 GHz

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hey guys..newbie Breeze owner here. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. In an effort to improve overall signal/minimize interference I purchased the NETGEAR - AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender. After setting it up as an extended for my drone I noticed it created an extended 2.4 Ghz access point as well as the 5.8 Ghz. I discovered that the connection on the 2.4 Ghz was showing a speed of over 190mbps while the 5.8Ghz was only 54mbps. Needless to say I am using the 2.4 Ghz access point and my connection is outstanding. Still some slight latency in the video feed but no loss of signal. Earlier today I flew it at nearly 1000ft away (landed at geofence to reset home position 2x) and still had both control of the drone and streaming video. My signal was good enough I believe I could have gone through another geofence or 2. Anyway..it is currently $20 off at Best Buy and is BADASSSS!!

Last edited:
Can that Netgear extender be powered by a USB power brick or only 120VAC?

Can that Netgear extender be powered by a USB power brick or only 120VAC?
120VAC only. I purchased a power inverter from Wal-Mart for $10 that is 100W and has 2 usb outlets. The extender does have a usb on the front but unfortunately it can't be used to power on the unit.
I have a question for you..do you know if the older version of the firmware still has the geofencing built In? Would love to see what my drone is capable of without the restriction on it. I contacted Yuneec and there is no liability waiver available to remove it as there is for the Typhoon.

To my knowledge, all versions of the Breeze firmware have the geofence and the NFZ built in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz