Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

520 NFZ's

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does the 520 employ NFZ restriction code?

If so, does the commercial operator still have the ability to obtain unrestricted software?

If unrestricted code is available, does each owned 520 require individualized code as is currently required for the 480?

Thanks

Last edited:

If so, does the commercial operator still have the ability to obtain unrestricted software.

If unrestricted code is available, does each owned 520 require individualized code as is currently required for the 480?

Thanks
Very good questions. Answers?

We should be seeing some independently generated info about the 520 pretty soon. A call to CarolinaDronz this morning provided info they have received and shipped the first 5 of their 10 pre-orders.

I haven't heard who won the 520 delivery date contest. Was the winning date based on when Yuneec said it would be available or when the first customer units arrived t the dealers? Pretty sure I lost either way but it would be fun to learn how the winning date was established.

The NFZ code thing is something I feel would be of interest to commercial operators. Since this is supposed to be a system intended to be used for Enterprise operations, on one hand I would hope it is unfettered by restriction code but on the other I could understand its presence due to amateur-ish buyers with more money than sense wanting a more expensive toy to play with.

I'm sure an answer is forthcoming but yeah like those Inspire owners in YouTube videos crashing into neighbors garage doors and walls. Neither DJI, Yuneec, or the industry need bad press like that. Sure wish I had that kind of free cash to blow. Guess I decided to tie mine up in assets which hopefully appreciate in value.

If so, does the commercial operator still have the ability to obtain unrestricted software?

Thanks
No restrictions loaded, no software required to unlock. Reason: It is a commercial product not a consumer. Commercial locations commonly fall inside a TH NFZ. Makes life easier to not have NFZ on the 520.

And Classic cars by far, my 1964 Amphicar has climbed in value faster then my stocks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jindaldoorandply