Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

720 video feed from Typhoon H, I got a question.

Ok I got mine new replacement Typhoon H today. Took it for a quick flight. Flies great. I would like to thank them for the Extras. Me happy

As long as they dont do a DJI on me I be happy. when I sent my P3 it for cracks, it took DJI 70 days to send a replacement. I do admit the replacement was a version 2 and was great, but 70 days.
That's why I am here now and not with DJI. In fairness though, I know its frustrating but new things have issues and they will be sorted but it takes time. Hang in there and start planning places you can go to for some stunning videos while u wait :)

Hi All. My TH is only a few days old and I am also having the jittery feed to the ST16. I can be 20 feet away from the TH hovering about 20 feet and it is jittery video feed. I also had a scary landing incident. I've been flying DJI drones for a couple years so not a new pilot. I was landing a few times to get a feel for the TH and during one of the landings, I was coming down very slow in turtle mode, angle mode, no OA, and at about 3 inches off the ground, right stick completely down. Bird hit ground slowly, but then the motors kept throttling and it was hard to control, it bounced and toppled busting a prop. Prior, I had successfully calibrated everything. I called yuneec and now it is on its way back. I sure hope they send me a new one. It was one with the free wizard.

Hi All. My TH is only a few days old and I am also having the jittery feed to the ST16. I can be 20 feet away from the TH hovering about 20 feet and it is jittery video feed. I also had a scary landing incident. I've been flying DJI drones for a couple years so not a new pilot. I was landing a few times to get a feel for the TH and during one of the landings, I was coming down very slow in turtle mode, angle mode, no OA, and at about 3 inches off the ground, right stick completely down. Bird hit ground slowly, but then the motors kept throttling and it was hard to control, it bounced and toppled busting a prop. Prior, I had successfully calibrated everything. I called yuneec and now it is on its way back. I sure hope they send me a new one. It was one with the free wizard.
Mode 1?

Mode 2, sorry I meant left stick totally down.
In my experience, you don't need to bring the throttle stick all the way down. Not like dji, where throttle all the way down (for 3 secs) disarms the motors. On the Typhoon H, I just hold the throttle where it's at (just enough for a soft landing) for about a second and then the motors go into 'idle' speed. Listen to the motors and you can hear when it happens. Then I let go of the throttle and hold the red button down until the motors shut down.

I have found my landings are much smoother and less chance of bounce when in Rabbit mode rather than Turtle. In fact I hate flying the H in Turtle. The only time I do it is if I'm already up in the air and want to make some really slow movements of the copter. Otherwise it feels it is stuck in molasses and the landings are harder.

So the new one doesn't have the stuttering live video feed?

Well I had to send the one they just sent me back again to Yuneec. it flew great but it had 2 issues. So they are sending me another brand new. But from a new batch that just came in the lady said. They are not even waiting for my old one back.

Last edited:
Ok. But is the video in the ST16 suppose to be smooth other then having a .80 of sec lag? because when someone says lag, to me it means the cam is show a .80 sec picture of the passed not studdering every sec.

make sure the antenna is aiming at the drone, or try a new long range antenna.

Got another Update. I called Yuneec on Wednesday and they said they call me back. I called asking why my brand new Replacement Typhoon H wasn't shipped yet, as they said it would ship last Friday. I got a call on Friday and they left a message on my phone. The lady said my new Typhoon is being delayed because of a physical updated and it would be shipped as soon as its done to the latest batch that just came in. What the heck do they mean by physical updated?

Ok. But is the video in the ST16 suppose to be smooth other then having a .80 of sec lag? because when someone says lag, to me it means the cam is show a .80 sec picture of the passed not studdering every sec.

lag OF COURSE....choppy NEVER with mine. Try FW update again.
Good Luck!

Update: i got notice today that my unit is being tested. Not sure if that means they repaied it or are just diagnosing. I was hoping they would send a new one rather than repair. Will see.

Nothing yet......as soon as I hear what the fix was I will post!
Well.....here's my deal!.....Sent it for repair.....6/16/16..........just got it back 7/21/16. I opened the box, fired up the ST16, in goes the battery, on goes the H.....checked out the Live Feed.....and........the jumps and studders are still there. It's like they never checked it out for the issue it was sent in for. I went crazy on the phone, asked to talk to the Tech...answer was NO....asked to talk to a supervisor.....answer was NO.......asked customer service rep. to elevate to someone much higher up. I am now waiting for a call from them. The funny thing is they asked if I wanted to send it back to them for repair.... Sooooo long story short, purchased 6/8.....sent in for repair...6/16......received back with nice long checklist saying everything is fine....probably going back again 6/25.

Stay tuned!

UPDATE: Just got my TH back today. Sent to Ontario on 7/8 - Back today 7/28. I was hoping for a new unit, but looks like it was just a repair. The ticket says they replaced the GPS board. I will report back once I have had a chance to test it out, then I will be selling it since I now have a pro.

Update: Yuneec just email me. "My order has been fulfilled" Also gave me a UPS tracking know. this the 3rd or is it the four time. Wow I cant remember. I hope this 3rd Brand new Typhoon H has no problems. I will post another updated as soon as I get it from UPS next week. Most likely on Thursday or Friday, crossing my fingers.

Update: Flew the TH that was repaired today. Totally 100% night and day. It flies like I would have expected it to out of the box. It also sadly validates the fact that there is something wrong with my TH Pro because out of the box it is a bit wonky so I fear that may be making a trip. :(. I really really like these machines. I just want to get a solid one! I am wondering if they had a bad run of GPS Boards? Maybe my pro has a bad one too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements