Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

720 video feed from Typhoon H, I got a question.

One thing I found odd was, before I told the Rep anything she ask me did I get a Typhoon H with a wizard. From then on, it was like she didn't care what I said in a good way. I could tell she was going to say return it for replacement. So I am guessing it must be true, there are 2 versions of the Typhoon H. Why ask about the wizard, unless she wanted to know the version of the typhoon H she was dealing with.

Last edited:
One thing I found odd was, before I told the Rep anything she ask me did I get a Typhoon H with a wizard. From then on, it was like she didn't care what I said in a good way. I could tell she was going to said return it for replacement. So I am guessing it must be true, there are 2 versions of the Typhoon H. Why ask about the wizard, unless she wanted to know my version of the typhoon H she was dealing with.

Sweet, mine did not come with wizard and my H has been flawless (nock on wood).
Good things come to those who wait. LOL o_O

One thing I found odd was, before I told the Rep anything she ask me did I get a Typhoon H with a wizard. From then on, it was like she didn't care what I said in a good way. I could tell she was going to say return it for replacement. So I am guessing it must be true, there are 2 versions of the Typhoon H. Why ask about the wizard, unless she wanted to know the version of the typhoon H she was dealing with.
There is only one version of the H from release to date, the only difference with whether you had it with/without a wizard, is if you were one of the first to preorder;)

There is only one version of the H from release to date, the only difference with whether you had it with/without a wizard, is if you were one of the first to preorder;)

But why would she ask that question, it just doesn't make sense. Also on another forum some people think there are 2 versions. Same with the ST-16. Some people got ones with rubber coated switches and most did not. Because two people I know got there Typhoon Hs very early with wizard from Yuneec and they had problems different from my problem and had to send back. They told me the replacment Typhoon Hs they got back the landing gear look different at the bottom.

One version yes but, I worked electronic assembly line when I was young. They constantly made changes on the line, changed parts manufactures, upgrades, modifications, fixes, they recorded serial numbers when ever a change was made.
It was always and evolving process to make it better and cheaper in some cases.
The wizard may be a easy way for them to know when a major change was done.

I had a issue with play back on my Mac desktop the video was very choppy and after 2 minutes of playback it started playing slow motion I called tec support and I was told because I was recording in 4K so I played it in a PC desktop there videos where choppy and playing in slow motion also and then my PC screen went blue.
The card it came with was some cheesy brand I couldn't find on any website and it was only a 16 gigabytes with 8 already used and i recorded 10 minutes and when I downloaded to my Mac it was in 5 minute segment so I called tec support and they told me that H records like that is that true? But anyways I trashed the old micro sd card and bought PNY U3 64 BG turbo performance
Is it true what the tec support told me can anyone playback longer than five minutes?

I had a issue with play back on my Mac desktop the video was very choppy and after 2 minutes of playback it started playing slow motion I called tec support and I was told because I was recording in 4K so I played it in a PC desktop there videos where choppy and playing in slow motion also and then my PC screen went blue.
The card it came with was some cheesy brand I couldn't find on any website and it was only a 16 gigabytes with 8 already used and i recorded 10 minutes and when I downloaded to my Mac it was in 5 minute segment so I called tec support and they told me that H records like that is that true? But anyways I trashed the old micro sd card and bought PNY U3 64 BG turbo performance
Is it true what the tec support told me can anyone playback longer than five minutes?
Your video is recorded in chunks. How long depends on what resolution. The chunks can be joined in almost any video editing software and played back seamlessly.

Yes and they are in 5 to 7 minute segments but will playback without a break in editing.

My playback in my PC was fine. It was real time viewing of the camera from Drone to the ST16 controller was like a slide show. It was never smooth. when ever there was anything moving it was jumped stop, jumped stop across the ST16 screen.

Had the exact same issue. Mine also on the way back for repair. I brought it back to my LHS where purchased, to demonstrate the issue. They pulled a brand new H out of the box to make a comparison. It had the same issue. I believe it must be a bad batch of components from one of their suppliers. So much for quality control!

Opened mine yesterday. Still experimenting with the camera to find optimal settings, but the stuttering movements on the ST-16 video are there. I was only about 10 feet from the H, but was standing next to my computer. I've got 2.4 and 5.8 wireless network in the house and our cordless phones operate on 5.8. I'll try it away from the neighborhood and see what happens.

My playback in my PC was fine. It was real time viewing of the camera from Drone to the ST16 controller was like a slide show. It was never smooth. when ever there was anything moving it was jumped stop, jumped stop across the ST16 screen.
On the humorist side of your video, I watched it several times and the music you picked out, if you listen to each pluck of the guitar
it is in sync with the jumping of the cars.. Anyway hope they figure it out for you, and you can get back to flying..

Well Yuneec just sent me a Product Received Notification‏email. So they got my Typhoon H. Lets so how long it will take them to fix it.

you know what sucks is, the day I shipped mine back, everyday for that last 7 days has be a great perfect drone flying sunny day. You watch the day I get it back it will rain for weeks

Update: Yuneec sent me a email saying they are sending a New Typhoon H. Then they sent another email saying this:

Thank you for shopping at Yuneec USA Inc..

Your order no. XXXXXXXXXX has been fulfilled.

Order Summary:

Item
Qty
Brief Description
Rate
Amount
YUNTYHBUS 1 Typhoon H RTF in Colorbox w/ST16, CGO3+, 1 Battery (US plug) with wizard

I x out the order number. I post again when I get from UPS. UPS says I will get it on Thursday, 06/30/2016, By End of Day. So I shipped it to Yuneec on 06/16/2016 and I should get it back on the 30th, not to bad.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval