Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A big...real big...hypothetical thread

Reaction score
No one knows what’s going to happen with yuneec USA, however there’s been info slowly dripping out here and there that they’re actually restructuring US operations. With that said, and if that does happen, let’s hypothetically say they’re going to pick up where they left off with the H-plus. Yes we know they essentially did that with the H3, but for the purposes of this hypothetical, just humor me for a bit and let’s say they do throw their dedicated h plus customers/groupies a few bones? Hypothetically speaking: what features would they add via a software update. We know they could cram a few features into those trim tabs, and that pesky aux switch just sits there waiting to be used. If you were the new chief running the restructured us operations, what bone do you throw the current plus users?

This thread is part “wish list” but more part “wish list that makes sense” I suppose. I know there’s been a wish list thread of sorts already created, but that was straight “what do you guys want”, this is more “what makes sense, what is actually possible, and what would yuneec give us if they were actually going to give us something” using the current components we’re already using. I’m not willing to believe yuneec is dead, and I’m not willing, or don’t want to believe, yuneec is finished with the H plus-most likely yes but again....hypothetically let’s say they aren’t?

Trim tabs= most likely cruise control
How about Aux button though?

There’s also about 2 other spaces for features with OBS 3 positions with (only 2 being used) and the global pan switch (or the other one;)

Edit*- shoulda put this in the h plus discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
I don't look for anymore updates for the H Plus. An engineering team would have been assigned to it. I have not heard of that happening.
Regarding the cruise control, many people have found the SteadyDrive to be much better and smoother for video.

Reactions: DCH
I’ve been told by a reliable source that the consumer drones from Yuneec are done including the H Plus. Warranty work burned them bad. They will only focus on commercial drones. The H3 is considered commercial. A few H3s are starting to trickle in and the Plus has been discontinued. I just don’t think the new camera on the H3 is worth the money and still no service or corporate backing. A mess for sure.

I don't look for anymore updates for the H Plus. An engineering team would have been assigned to it. I have not heard of that happening.
Regarding the cruise control, many people have found the SteadyDrive to be much better and smoother for video.

Come on Steve...it’s a hypothetical, what’s the fun in thinking yuneec folded up shop on the H-plus. Dream big!

Reactions: aw. pier
Come on Steve...it’s a hypothetical, what’s the fun in thinking yuneec folded up shop on the H-plus. Dream big!
I thought I read on Facebook that someone from Yuneec UK said that Yuneec US was going to be rebranded. Made it sound like maybe something to watch for. ????

I thought I read on Facebook that someone from Yuneec UK said that Yuneec US was going to be rebranded. Made it sound like maybe something to watch for. ????

That’s actually what I heard as well, which is what prompted me to start this thread...hence, if it did come to fruition, and they did decide to give us plus-users something, what would that something realistically be?

...they did decide to give us plus-users something, what would that something realistically be?...

Realistically? Encouragement to buy whatever their latest model is.

Realistically? Encouragement to buy whatever their latest model is.
Wouldn't that be a GOOD THING? Let's face it they would have a better priced line up for new and existing prospective purchasers. It's a big price jump from the H Plus to the H3.
Mike

And there is your first mistake, never believe anything you see or read on Facebook as it is nothing but a rumor mill and the place where anything conspiracy related starts. People post anything and everything on there with no actual source to back it up.

The problem with this 'hypothetical' thing is; . . . . we've been down this road - MANY times with Yuneec.

IF Yuneec somehow restructures, (and that is a big if) there is very little chance they would even consider correcting, or addressing anything in their past. The truth is, the consumer 'drone' market has been 'etched' in stone; as far as most (if not all) manufacturers are concerned. And by that I mean; once a given platform reaches a couple years old - it's history. This is why no drone manufacturer builds upon a given platform (such as the Typhoon) and allows cross compatibility of; (for instance): batteries. There are other examples such as the controller.

The Typhoon H 480 was a start, the 520 and H Plus were refinements, and the H3 was to be the next step. Yet in each of these models, they ensured no part of the previous line could be utilized going forward. We know that the standard H 480 batteries would have given the same kind of performance with the 520, the Plus, and probably the H3 which; would (to us consumers) be logical and encourage us to 'upgrade' the platform, yet from Yuneec's perspective, this was never a good move - and it never will be.

Sadly we are starring at a real world example of 'fool me once shame on you - fool me twice (er, 3 or 4 times):rolleyes: shame on me'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said, I think the Typhoon H series IS; COULD, and SHOULD - be worthy of being done, properly, I just don't think Yuneec will do so, and while I give Yuneec a one in one thousand chance, there is that side of me that says if they did? - I'd be all ears. . . . . . . hypothetically of course. ;)

Something easy (somewhat) to do with what's already there and is purely a software change:

Enable a mode when you plug in a small monitor to the HDMI port, it will only carry and display the camera view, while the display on the ST16 would be a telemetry mode, or instrument/function display that you could configure to display the information you want.

With a proper mount system for the external monitor, this would be an excellent setup with nothing obscuring the camera view on the upper screen and plenty of real estate for the telemetry on the ST16 screen.

And that unused toggle....use it to arm/disarm the weapons pod. When armed, the buttons then become launchers for assigned pod slots.

We know that the standard H 480 batteries would have given the same kind of performance with the 520, the Plus, and probably the H3 which; would (to us consumers) be logical and encourage us to 'upgrade' the platform, yet from Yuneec's perspective, this was never a good move - and it never will be.

I totally agree with you. That was not a good idea. Neither for Yuneec nor the customers. If you have a look at battery powered tools for example, you can use the same battery for several devices. It does not matter if it is a drill, a saw, an angle grinder or even a coffee machine or a radio. All of them are using the same battery and that is what keeps the customers stick to the brand they once decided to buy from. They have all the accesories and unless they sell them with huge loses they have to by from the same company over and over again.

Even the batteries of the remotes are totally different. There is no way of interchanging the batteries of the ST16, ST24 and ST16s without some modifications to the wiring and/or the battery compartment. That does not make any sense in my opinion. Why should I buy a Tornado H920 if I already own a H+ although I know not a single part will be compatible? There is nothing which hinders me of going to the competitors instat.

Another example: If I crash my Typhoon H, it would be a good excuse for upgrading to the H+. But why should I do it? There is nothing I could use any longer. Not the remote, not the charger, not the batteries and not even my bagpack or case. It would not make an difference if I just leave Yuneec behind and buy a drone from DJI, Autel, 3DR and so on.

Voice commands, where no need to touch anything ?

I thought if this as well but really that would amount to a barely used gimmick.

I would love to know what yuneec had in mind when they built the aux button into the controller. I can’t believe they just put it there and said “eh we’ll figure something out later for it”. There had to of been at least an intial idea of what they were doing with it. Something they had planned but were still trying to iron out the bugs with.

GPS on/off seems to be the most likely according to current users which list, but I believe they would add another flying function into it..I.E....a CCC/POI/ORBIT type function. Something DJI has but not yet available on the TH+...Not sure what that is because I don’t own a DJI drone, but that would make the most sense (add a feature your competitor has which you don’t have yet). Clearly they had something in mind.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I thought if this as well but really that would amount to a barely used gimmick.

I would love to know what yuneec had in mind when they built the aux button into the controller. I can’t believe they just put it there and said “eh we’ll figure something out later for it”. There had to of been at least an intial idea of what they were doing with it. Something they had planned but were still trying to iron out the bugs with.

GPS on/off seems to be the most likely according to current users which list, but I believe they would add another flying function into it..I.E....a CCC/POI/ORBIT type function. Something DJI has but not yet available on the TH+...Not sure what that is because I don’t own a DJI drone, but that would make the most sense (add a feature your competitor has which you don’t have yet). Clearly they had something in mind.
Something along the lines of a smart watch, the wrist mounted monitor would be just that, no controller to speak of, no need to touch it as its just a viewer all else would be by voice / Just dont have a talk show on the radio near by? ? All kiddin aside it would need voice recognition

Forget voice command. How about a telepathic interface? Maybe if it could do something as simple as read my mind, it would do what I wanted it to do instead of what I told it to do.

Forget voice command. How about a telepathic interface? Maybe if it could do something as simple as read my mind, it would do what I wanted it to do instead of what I told it to do.

Hmmm, you could be on to something here. However, yuneec can’t make two virtually identical battery models with the same leads, requiring us to buy a new charger, so I’m sure the telepathic interface would be outside their wheel-house.

I would love the aux-gps button and maybe the wizzard compatible (or something like it) i hike and run a lot in the Mountains alps and Pyrenees an usualy there is a lot of wind on the top so i like to use my H+ for those situations because my mavic can't take that, but that means right now that i have to walk on the top of a Mountain with half a tv in my hands[emoji3061] i agree its a great machine but not half of what it could (should) be...

Reactions: Done-guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval