Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A little frustrated with Yuneec right now!

Reaction score
But I can't be too mad bc thankfully my H that I got for X-Mas this past year has returned home it all started back on 2-4-2017, was having a great flights and through 4 battery's and while I came in to replace the 5th for my final flight of the day, I decided to give it a compas recal bc I had moved to a different location from where I had been flying, but to my surprise it "WOULD NOT" calibrate.. I stayed on the phone for nearly an hour with yuneec tryn to help me get it done but no good.. so the service rep said it will have to be sent it & it would be on there dime of course.
During its time at yuneec I had to call I cple of times of course ya know to get updates and to please makes sure that they will put the latest firmware installed on it, and they assured me that all of there products have it the latest when they leave. So I felt so much better..
Well a month later (today) my H arrived.. I have a bill of sale that yuneec replaced the gps module circuit board.. and that it went through a 27 point inspection.. but they did not put the latest firmware on it.. it had the same as it did when it left!! Yuneec are you kidding me !! Man how in the all that is holy, let my H slip through the cracks outta there with no new updates!!.. but on the plus side it's back after a month round trip.. and maybe that's not bad for from SC to Ca.. I'm sure opinions will vary.. but atleast now I can try to download the new updates through wifi, so I guess I'll give it try.. crossing my fingers..
e2cba2f15da856dd00e057c75877edae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't get it updated. On the other hand you might have waited a couple of more days to get it back if they had done the update.

Since you will be doing it, you should follow the steps in this video carefully. In particular, deleting the Flight Mode data is a critical step. Even though this video is for the previous firmware version it is still a good guideline.

After you have finished the updating you will need to calibrate the compass and the accelerometers. When you are ready to make your first flight you MUST let the H sit after it's booted up, with the motors off, for about 12 minutes to allow time for the GPS in the H and the ST16 to get an exact fix on your position even though the controller says GPS Ready. On subsequent flights you will not have to wait that long; only a minute or so for it to get a fix. If you have any problems please post them on this page. Good luck.

For the most part their technical group is head and shoulders above the rest. I called in to get a problem fixed and the person really messed it up. The tech caused it to do cartwheels and broke six propellers. which they have replaced free of charge.

Actually I would prefer they not upgrade the firmware and let me do it. This was one of the reasons I went with Yuneec, no forced firmware updates. Had this happened a few firmware versions ago you may have been pissed for another reason, had they upgraded your firmware.

Actually I would prefer they not upgrade the firmware and let me do it. This was one of the reasons I went with Yuneec, no forced firmware updates. Had this happened a few firmware versions ago you may have been pissed for another reason, had they upgraded your firmware.

Ordinarily you would be right, but this time i actually asked them (twice) to please make sure that it had it on there due to problem I had the last time I had to up date the firmware.. sorry I didn't put that in the op..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got mine back too, and it listed the firmware was updated - however it had the same firmware as when I sent it in, I did all the upgrading and updating myself, fortunately I'm a computer IT guy we do the stuff all the time, its pretty straightforward, start with the ST16+, and then the bird.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
They have had my "G" more than I have...and it's finally on it's way back...however they failed to fix the plug on the ST-10+, so now that may have to go back. If I get it back on Monday 3/13, it will have been gone 5 weeks...way too long for some simple warranty work. I got spoiled with Horizon Hobby and a two day turn around. Plus if it was a simple thing, HH would send the part and allow me to fix it myself.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer