Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon with ST16

To close the question on my controller, there was a loose connector. The firmware exchange worked for the conditions I have.
That leaves us to figure out the issue with your firmware.
All of the older ST16 versions are available. But I am not sure if they will help. And I will have to refresh my memory of how to load them. @Steve Carr may also be able to give advice.
I'll go look at the other firmware.

In the meantime, I will ask if anyone recognizes the firmware that was originally loaded on this ST16.
Firmware.jpg

Unfortunately, the next things to try become far more complex. I tried downloading the firmware to an earlier version. It did not work because the system is built to upgrade. And I don't think that will help.
There were other instances of dead control sticks while converting from one controller firmware to another. Neither the cause nor the resolutions were clear. The sticks began working again after random combinations of restarts, factory resets, and loading firmware for different controllers and then back to the one you want. You can try a couple of restarts and factory resets to see if anything changes.
If those do not help, we will have to move on to loading some other version of firmware. And replacing ST16 firmware with something else is more complicated than replacing "something else" with ST16.

A little progress.
We now know the origin of the unusual firmware. The "Build89" firmware shown in your original image is the android part of the firmware from an H520E ST16E controller. I have loaded a copy of it onto an ST16 to re-create your original issue. I will update you if there is any progress made tonight.

• Love
Reactions: Steve Carr
A little more progress.
I followed the same instructions you followed. And got the same result. This ST16 now displays the ST16 screen, but nothing works on the Hardware Monitor page. Now I have a controller in hand that I believe matches your problem, and I can look for a solution. Will update if any further progress is made.

Reactions: h-elsner
@h-elsner,
I suspect the problem with this condition is the RX and TX update files. I had a similar problem with the hardware Monitor on an ST16S for HPlus. It also was refusing to accept updates to (I believe) the TX update. When the TX update finally worked, the hardware (RC) monitor also came to life. Do you know if that was simply a coincidence, or if the TX (or RX) update is related to the control interface.
I currently suspect the H520E update may have installed H520E versions of the TX and RX update files that are incompatible with the ST16 version of Android. If so, the system would probably refuse to overwrite them with the older versions contained in the ST16 update package.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Unfortunately, the next things to try become far more complex. I tried downloading the firmware to an earlier version. It did not work because the system is built to upgrade. And I don't think that will help.
There were other instances of dead control sticks while converting from one controller firmware to another. Neither the cause nor the resolutions were clear. The sticks began working again after random combinations of restarts, factory resets, and loading firmware for different controllers and then back to the one you want. You can try a couple of restarts and factory resets to see if anything changes.
If those do not help, we will have to move on to loading some other version of firmware. And replacing ST16 firmware with something else is more complicated than replacing "something else" with ST16.
Is it possible to empty the ST 16's memory and then re-install the FACTORY configuration without any remaining memory, i.e. start from scratch?
Or is it possible to flash the BIOS?
And we don't know how to do anything? How can we do this?

Is it possible to empty the ST 16's memory and then re-install the FACTORY configuration without any remaining memory, i.e. start from scratch?
Or is it possible to flash the BIOS?
There is proprietary software for that, but it was not made available to the general public. I assume Yuneec in Germany or in Great Brittain has it. I am still experimenting with alternatives in hopes of finding an at-home solution.

1. TX/RF files are related to the FC inside the ST and to the ZigBee transceiver.
2. For sure they are not the same in the 520E.
3. Anyone can try to reflash the ST16 from zero with the method already well explained for the ST10+ by @Momchil

Last edited:
Seem to have missed something, is it a Typhoon H or h+. Check battery voltage, H will from new have 14.8v H+ will have 15.2 as does the 520. Just been buying some batteries, for my H+ quoted about £160, for a 520 got some at £98, only difference, colour.

Seem to have missed something, is it a Typhoon H or h+. Check battery voltage, H will from new have 14.8v H+ will have 15.2 as does the 520. Just been buying some batteries, for my H+ quoted about £160, for a 520 got some at £98, only difference, colour.
YUNH105 - 14,8 volt is the Typhoon H

1. TX/RF files are related to the FC inside the ST and to the ZigBee transceiver.
2. For sure they are not the same in the 520E.
3. Anyone can try to reflash the ST16 from zero with the method already well explained for the ST10+ by @Momchil
The problem is that we no longer have support from Yuneec and when I search for files I often get "File not found" in the Forum or old links. My only hope is that someone has the files on their PC and shares them, or that someone else has had the same problem and tells me what to do! Otherwise, I have a remote control for an ST16 part. Does anyone know where everything is stored?

Attachments

• 1690116596324.jpg
    1690116596324.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Momchil
I suspect the problem with this condition is the RX and TX update files. I had a similar problem with the hardware Monitor on an ST16S for HPlus. It also was refusing to accept updates to (I believe) the TX update. When the TX update finally worked, the hardware (RC) monitor also came to life. Do you know if that was simply a coincidence, or if the TX (or RX) update is related to the control interface.
I currently suspect the H520E update may have installed H520E versions of the TX and RX update files that are incompatible with the ST16 version of Android. If so, the system would probably refuse to overwrite them with the older versions contained in the ST16 update package.
Disclaimer: This is pure speculation. Filenames and wording may be misleading.
However, when I look at the Firmware part of ST16_V3.1.30 there are rf and tx folder.
rf contains two files for SR24. If the file name tells us something then those files are two FW versions for the ZigBee SOC CC2530. File size is OK for that. I don't believe that this has any influence on HW-Monitor app or something like that. My ST16 uses the version sr24_tx_en_v01.10. From numbering the other file looks newer but I don't know what it is for.
tx contains a file st16_transmitter_mcu_encryption_app_main_v00.27.bin. I have no glue what this means, what encryption and so on. Now comes the speculation. I think this is the FW for the STM32 processor on the flight controller board (the chip with the yellow dot in the picture above). The PCB design indicates that this processor is dedicated to control the buttons, switches, sticks and sensors like GPS etc. If so then this FW file is HW dependent (GPIO, UART, I²C addresses...) and thus has serious influence on all this HW stuff. I hope this is what TX means....

Question:
After all this actions taken, what RF and TX versions are shown in hidden menu? Is HW test and/or Calibrate test working or not?
Can you try to Update TX using the hidden menu?
hidden_update.png

Does anyone know where everything is stored?
What files do you mean? Yuneec has some files and tools that were never online. They keep some things secret. For all files that were free downloadable there is a good chance that someone has it. I have some of those files, Yuneecskins have more...

br HE

Disclaimer: This is pure speculation. Filenames and wording may be misleading.
However, when I look at the Firmware part of ST16_V3.1.30 there are rf and tx folder.
rf contains two files for SR24. If the file name tells us something then those files are two FW versions for the ZigBee SOC CC2530. File size is OK for that. I don't believe that this has any influence on HW-Monitor app or something like that. My ST16 uses the version sr24_tx_en_v01.10. From numbering the other file looks newer but I don't know what it is for.
tx contains a file st16_transmitter_mcu_encryption_app_main_v00.27.bin. I have no glue what this means, what encryption and so on. Now comes the speculation. I think this is the FW for the STM32 processor on the flight controller board (the chip with the yellow dot in the picture above). The PCB design indicates that this processor is dedicated to control the buttons, switches, sticks and sensors like GPS etc. If so then this FW file is HW dependent (GPIO, UART, I²C addresses...) and thus has serious influence on all this HW stuff. I hope this is what TX means....

Question:
After all this actions taken, what RF and TX versions are shown in hidden menu? Is HW test and/or Calibrate test working or not?
Can you try to Update TX using the hidden menu?
View attachment 29601

What files do you mean? Yuneec has some files and tools that were never online. They keep some things secret. For all files that were free downloadable there is a good chance that someone has it. I have some of those files, Yuneecskins have more...

br HE
What RF and TX versions are shown in hidden menu?
None. See first image below.

Is HW test and/orCalibrate test working or not?
Neither are working. Neither respond at all to any control device.

Can You try to update TX using the hidden menu?
The menu displays whatever bin files you have on the SD card. If nothing is on the SD card, the menu is blank.
If there are files displayed, the menu will allow you to select a file, and it appears to attempt to load the update file, but you eventually get an "Update Failed" notice.

Also, Controller GPS is not detecting satellites.
Controller Bind page can detect and bind to the camera, but not to the drone.

TX_RF.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook